Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot............................

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to explain how a person of character takes pleasure in the pain and injury of an innocent person? Is that moral of you? Or are you a person who believes hunters are not innocent because they kill animals?

I love animals and in general HUMANS treat aninals like (*&*(^^*&.

What do you think nature was put here for dale, so that so called evolved

humans can destroy it for there own selfish pleasure.....

Yes, especially the United States citizens who spend billions of dollars each year at PetsMart and the veterinarians office. Dogs and cats would be so much better off if they were feral. We set aside huge tracts of land for the dune rat, snail darter and bald eagle. Want to save the Spotted Owl? Serve them at KFC, we'll be swimming in them.

By the phrase "put there" can I assume that you mean by a Creator? In that case, we are clearly instructed by the Bible to use the Earth and it's creatures to our benefit. That means hook them to plows, ride them around, milk them, breed them, use their hides for clothing and eat them. God gave us canine teeth for this very purpose. Canines are the pointy teeth to the side of the incisors in the front of your mouth. You see, God designed us to be omnivores, just look at our teeth for proof..I don't know what other religions say and I don't really care.

If you are atheist and you mean "put there" by evolution, then we are supposed to eat animals. We are the most evolved species, therefore we are, barring unusual circumstances, the top of the food chain. Evolution gave us canine teeth for this very purpose. You see, we evolved to be omnivores, just look at our teeth for proof..

If you think that hunters destroy animals for their own selfish pleasure, you are terribly uneducated about hunters. Ever heard of Ducks Unlimited? They spend millions in private money for protection of marshed and rivers for waterfowl. There ae several organizations like them who do more for animals than ELF ever thpought. . And it is so selfish of me to want eat meat.

Yes, we are the MOST evolved species. You can disprove that by showing me the Dolphin Hospital, the Monkey College or the Anteater Space Program.

Question - are you an animal rights activist or believer?

I bet you support destroying the Alaskian wilderness so we can pump more oil

for our SUV`s..... Right Dale .... Because we are a more evolved species...

By this I guess you mean ANWR. No, I am not against DESTROYING the wilderness in Alaska. I am for drilling on the area set aside in the Mid 70's by Congress for oil exploration. An area the size of Dulles Airport in a wilderness of 17.5 million acres.

A few facts about ANWR from ANWR.org - 1. Only 8% of ANWR Would Be Considered for Exploration Only the 1.5 million acre or 8% on the northern coast of ANWR is being considered for development. The remaining 17.5 million acres or 92% of ANWR will remain permanently closed to any kind of development. If oil is discovered, less than 2000 acres of the over 1.5 million acres of the Coastal Plain would be affected. That¹s less than half of one percent of ANWR that would be affected by production activity.

Does that sound like destroying the wildlife area? Are you old enough to remember the dire impact on caribou and reindeer forecast by the greenies when the Alaskan Pipeline was built? The very same herds who shelter under the pipes for warmth? HTe very same herds which have grown disproportionately since then?

ANWR isn't meant to fuel our SUV's, but to fuel manufacturing, transportation and the rest of our economy. BTW, this is a site FOR SUV dirvers, correct? A little hypocritical?? The impact of SUV's on fuel use is so small as to be almost immeasurable.

We are not only a "more evolved species", we are the MOST evolved species. You can disprove that by showing me the Dolphin Hospital, the Mon

And the flames keep burning! :D

In the meantime here's a good hunting joke:

A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near a highway early one cold opening morning. Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread in the senderos with a tailgate feeder. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the scope on his rifle at the unsuspecting buck. As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly by down the highway.

The hunter pulled away from the gunstock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head, and then closed his eyes in prayer. His friend was stunned. "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 35 years."

I know after we are done with God and Gay marraige we can go to abortion.

I bet my last dollar you are against it.....

TomT, funny! Here's another:

This woman had a husband who had come home drunk every payday. He had to walk past a graveyard to reach home. She decided to scare him out of his bad ways so one payday she put a white sheet over herself and hid in the graveyard.

As he was passing she jumped out into the road and at the top of her voice shouted: "Ahoooooooo! Ahoooooooo!". Staggering and with slurred speech the man peered at the figure and said: "Who the hell is that?" "I am the devil", she replied.

The man smiled broadly and advanced with hand outstretched: "Damned pleased to meet you. I married your sister."

Dale

Oh another great topic GOD. Sorry I stop believing in imaginary friends long ago.

That would be why I kicked your argument in te ass from BOTH sides.

And of course, no factual response to any of my statements.

Diversion after losing an argument is a pretty transparent rhetorical tactic. That said, I will humor you with a response.

Gay marriage? Couldn't care less, lots bigger issues to deal with today. Besides, why shouldn't they be as miserable as the married straights? This from a guy who is getting engaged tonight.

Abortion - I oppose it. It is the taking of an innocent life. If you can prove to me that life begins at any point other than conception, I will listen. I'm talking science or logic. My opinion, before fertilization life is not possible, afterwards it is simply the passage of time, barring unusual circumstances or outside forces. I was pro-abortion before a Catholic priest pointed out that logic to me. And no, I am not Catholic.

Folks, argue/debate all you like, but knock off the personal attacks or I will start removing posts. If that doesn't work, I will start removing memberships...

gwac, if you think keeping guns from honest, well-meaining people would be a net postiive to society, you are sorely lacking in historical perspective. Among the many greats who thought disarming the public was a good idea:

King George III

Hitler

Mussolini

Stalin

Castro

Canada's very recent, very own, very corrupt liberal leadership party

Arms in the hands of law-abiding citizens provide three major benefits:

1. The ability to deter and/or fight criminal attack on persons and property.

2. The ability to fight unwarranted insurrection, e.g., criminal uprisings against just and lawful government.

3. The ability to fight against the tyranny of unjust and unlawful government.

Guns are a great equalizer. In the absence of guns, those with strength will dominate those without it, for good or evil.

If you believe in egalitarian principles, guns go a long way toward allowing us to actually live out those ideals. Guns available to good people help keep evil people in check. And since evil always exists and doesn't obey the societal model that you think everyone should march to, guns must exist or evil will be visited upon those with no means to resist.

Rich

That is an American view....SInce you are American that`s great. Canadian do not

think the way Americans do towards guns. Most Canadians in cities want stronger

gun controls due to the increased shootings in the past year....We had

about 30 gun homicides in the Toronto area last year 5 to 6 million population.

I live in a city of 150k, we have had 1 murder in the past 5 years. You hear

about a robbery once and awhile and its usually without a gun.

By the way when you speak of our corrupt governent, it was a few non elected

officals who gave sponsorship money to their friends who inturn funaled it

back to the party.... 50million dollars...

Last edited by a moderator:
Q, it was inevitable.

gwac, you are missing the bigger picture. You can throw away the statistics for any specific city. It's quite immaterial to the broader argument. While Canada's society is relatively docile and has been so for a number of years, the entire context of human history says that status cannot be expected to last. If Canada is unarmed and defenseless, other nations will try to take advantage. If Canada's citizens are unarmed and defenseless, sooner or later, a Canadian, in the guise of a government official, will take advantage. It might not happen during your lifetime, but rest assured, based on the evidence of recorded history, it will most certainly happen.

LOL. Canada would probably be owned by Russia if it wasn't for the US. They remind me of the French (oh, that's right, they are French). Great at complaining until they need our help.

Quick question for all of you people who are attacking "gwac" for seemingly finding pleasure in the concept of one person shooting another--

Why are you so quick to condemn him for having such a stance in the 5th post of this thread, but let "roy" off completely scot free, for stating just as disgusting of a pleasure for human-on-human violence/killing in the 10th post? Quite the double standard!

Let's look at what REALLY is going on here--you're not opposed to the violence at all. When gwac suggests violence against people whose opinions you happen to agree with (hunters, presumably conservative), you're opposed to it; but when roy suggests violence against people whose opinions you oppose (liberals), you're A-OK with starting the executions--hell, you'd even dish out some cash to watch it on pay-per-view.

This behavior is absolutely disgusting, completely anti-American, extremely hypocritical, and seeming to become far more common among more and more Republicans these days...

And for the record, I find the suggestion of either act of violence absolutely deplorable.

Rich

There is more chance of the US invading us, which IMHO will happen (not anytime soon). If it is not for oil it will be for water....

Rich Canada does not have an army that could really do anything, our helecopters have

been grounded, our planes we bought in the 80`s from you are falling from the sky,

our subs we bought from the uk 4 years ago are leaking ( they cannot be used).

We have no aircraft carriers.

A question how would a militia made up of americans (average citzens) ever be able to take on who ever controls the military with its technology. If something were to happen as

you suggest...

back to the original topic of this thread, did I just hear correctly on the news that Cheney was hunting without a license? or it wasn't stamped or something like that?

Edit: 100 :p

Latest posts