Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot............................

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
OK, so I baited you a bit. Here is the rest of the sentence...

"Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a hunting trip in Texas, The Associated Press reports."

This just came across my PDA.

Details should be available at CNN soon...

Here is the article from CNN, link below....

Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter

Texas lawyer 'alert and doing fine' in Corpus Christi hospital

Sunday, February 12, 2006; Posted: 3:54 p.m. EST (20:54 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

Harry Whittington, 78, was "alert and doing fine" after Cheney sprayed Whittington with shotgun pellets on Saturday at the Armstrong Ranch in south Texas, said property owner Katharine Armstrong.

Armstrong said Cheney turned to shoot a bird and accidentally hit Whittington. She said Whittington was taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital by ambulance.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice president was with Whittington, a lawyer from Austin, Texas, and his wife at the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

what people should be upset about is that our tax dollars are going to foot the bill for this "friends" medical expenses. and you know there wil be no expense spared

Jenn,

Please explain the humor because I must agree with Dale.

Anyone that is against hunting needs to learn that we, as humans, has interupted the food chain in the wild and we must step in to control the population. Controling the population is essential to the survival of the species.

Personally, I do not enjoy hunting, but I do support hunter rights.

Tom

The irony I see in his comment is the hunter being the hunted. Period.

Hey, I hunt and I fish. I understand the benefits of both. I understand that overpopulation of a species is hurtful on ecosystems. I have recently even had to defend myself on that point. There are many lakes here in FL that are overrun by speckled perch (which happen to be good eating too). When I got questioned as to the number of fish I was removing (within state set limit), I was offended. Anyone who tagets this species knows that in this time of year, you can literally catch hundreds in a day. However, several lakes are completely overrun and the small bait fish population is basically decimated. Have I mentioned they are excellent to eat too?

I never said I agree with his comment because as it stands, I dont' think he meant the irony of it.

Tom

Have a good read and maybe you will realize its not about controlling the population

for most hunters.

http://www.sharkonline.org/hunting/issue-deer-blood.html

http://www.all-creatures.org/articles/ar-blackbears.html

http://www.well.com/user/davidu/hunting.html

How many animals have been hunted to extinction or near extinction Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gwac,

The link you posted is the exception, not the norm. MOST hunters actually do practice and spend many hours perfecting their shooting to ensure that a kill is as quick and easy as possible. There is a "sweet spot" (if I may call it that) that produces an almost instant kill. It is up to the hunter to be responsible. If you understand "controlling the population" then don't attack it, attack the hunters who are inexperienced and lack the proper training and safety.

Jenn

You want hunt and eat the animal, i have no problem. You want to hunt for

the sake of blowing away something then I have a problem....

Curious wasn`t the bald eagle almost killed to extinction and how about those

buffalos, i guest when we wipe them into extinction it was for population

control.

Latest posts