Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot............................

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a break. Do you KNOW any hunters? I've NEVER met a hunter that didn't hunt for the sake of filling up a freezer with meat for the year. I've NEVER met someone who killed for the sake of blowing something's head off (not that I'm ingorant enough to think these people don't exsist). But again, I say this is the exception, not the norm. Stop fighting the masses due to a few jerkoffs. It would be like Major League Baseball putting up glass barriers between the fans and the field because a small section of hecklers started throwing food. Why punish the well behaved (well....more mannered) fans who enjoy the sport for a few dimwhits that don't know how to act like normal people.

As for the extinction of certain animal species. It's called wisdom.....it comes with time. When we were a young country (like most young people) we were foolish. We have since learned the err of our ways and have imposed rules and regulations to help threatened populations thrive. Do you still hear of people taking shots at the Bald Eagle? Um....no? I'm sure it would be plastered on the news. Regardless. We now protect these species because we learned. We've learned a lot as a country and for some reason people will not understand this. We learned that slaverly is bad, yet we are still put down for it. We learned that not regulating the killing of certain species has hurt their numbers, yet we are still being held accountable for the actions of the past. Get over it and move on. If it needs to be protected, it is. If it needs to be controlled, it has a season.

Oh yeah....and I own guns. Yes. I also live in a state that does not penalize a citizen for protecting him/her self with a gun if threatened. We got the good Bush.

Wow..seems like every non-Sport Trac related post turns into hot topic/argument with 100+ replies. Well I've contributed my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jenn, I'm a proud Floridian too, even though my job has me in Oklahoma. I agree, that Jeb is the best of the three, and I admire BOTH President Bushes. I would be shocked if he isn't President someday.

Jenn you needs guns to protect yourself from others with gun, that make sense.

By the way here is a list of American endangered species, but its not humans who

have put them on this list, because we have evolved so much......we would never

harm an endangered animal anymore...

You know what really pisses me off is when those damn Manatees getting in my way when I am trying to drive my speed boat....

http://ecos.fws.gov/tess_public/servlet/gov.doi.tess_public.servlets.VipListed?code=V&listings=0#A

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Nelson, Jeb is a heck of a smart guy as far as common sense goes (unlike his bro), but I don' t see him running for, or being elected, president after what his brother is going through. Sad really.

Jenn

What is needed in the white house is Bill Clinton as first lady or Man or whatever

you want to call it..

Please tell me why that statement is ignorant, from what are you protecting yourself

that you need a gun in your house...

I've been impressed with how Jeb Bush handled all the hurricanes in Florida. There's been at least 1/2 dozen the past two years, and I haven't seen any place collapse into chaos. What impressed me even more was one of the hurricane-related press conferences where he gave a briefing in both English and Spanish. A bilingual Presidential candidate would be a breath of fresh air. There is a huge Hispanic population, and it would be very comforting to see someone that can relate to the biggest minority in this country.

Gwac, you are in CANADA. Move to FL and tell me about manatees. People like you have made is basically impossible to do anything on the intercoastal waterways around here. Did you know you can't even swim in the sping at state parks when manatees are present? No seriously, you can't even SWIM. OMG, you might scare that 600lb cow and it might swim off and tourists wouldn't be able to take pictures. So basically, you can't swim or canoe in the springs for like half the year. Then, you can't even drive a boat at any speed in the intercoastal, they have taken all waterways away from boaters. Oh wait, let me insert comment for you here "Why would the water ways belong to boaters - manatees were here first". Yeah, well, ever heard of the only the strong (and smart) survive? Manatees are EVERYWHERE now. Good thing they're so protected.

How many animals have been hunted to extinction or near extinction Tom

Off the top of my head, the Passenger Pigeon.

Where is that heading? I will name an animal that needs hunted to control the heard. The Whitetail deer. Animals known as the Coyote, Bear, and Wolf, have been eliminated in this area. The deer locally have run out of food causing lack of nutrition, increasing the chance of disease and birh defects.

Tom

Nelson, I totally agree. He did a great job during the hurricanes. He didn't wait to fix the problems, he instead worked to prevent them. I remember he got on tv before Charlie with the sherriff and basically said "Look, if you CHOOSE to stay and you leave your house between X time and X time, YOU WILL BE ARRESTED. No questions asked. You have been warned." It was great. He did it for every hurricane, and he still does it. And I know he basically told the cops that they have full power to take whatever force necessary and the state will have their back.

He's going to be missed when his term is up.

Nelson,

Did you know that the last Passenger Pigeon died in Cincinnatti Ohio at the Cincinnatti Zoo?

I was always intregued with that bird.

Tom

I never heard about the bird until today. At first I thought you meant the Carrier Pidgeon, but I learned something new today. Thanks Tom. :) I read in the story that I linked, it died almost 100 years ago, and you're right about the Cincinnati Zoo.