Bought My Wife Laurie A New Hyundai Santa Fe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Pizza too. I used to be into photography, but not any more. Not a fan of Cherry Coke. Diet Mountain Dew is my favorite.

Tom

Josh, do we remind you of the Nissan you blew up ???

Todd Z

Yes, Todd. The Nissan I blew up. The one that when I took it in for an engine replacement and they told me the problem was due to something that had nothing to do on my part. Yeah, that POS.

I will never buy a Nissan again.

Ford... maybe, if they were built buy Toyota.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I am not bias at all. I've been there and done that--- personally, unlike some people who just hate because they believe it's patriotic. Where is it written that in order to be "American" you gotta support cheap crap and unreliable products?:wacko:

Josh I just have noticed that the day you got the Nissan you "hated" ford.. and Nissan was the best thing since asphalt,,,,,

Then that blew up and now you Hate Nissan....

Now you have a Toyota and hate Ford and nissan.....

Just wondering Because If The toyota Blows up,... Would you hate them too ???

Todd Z

Just wondering Because If The toyota Blows up,... Would you hate them too ???

Yes, I am not bias.

Todd:

I don't hate Ford. I've said it before, there are some trucks I like, and all cars I don't.

Ford burned the bridge with my 2004 Sport Trac. It continued to stall and everything seemed to fall apart. Windows, Locks, radio, doors, engine.. you name it, it had the problems. After countless trips to get it "repaired" I decided enough was enough. Why can you not understand why I wouldn't buy another Ford? The company (in my opinion) doesn't live up to its once good name. Sorry, it's true.

Nissan. One hell of a truck, but Transmission, breaks, engine, paint pealing, ect... after 3 months it went from a dream to a nightmare.... Nissan burned the bridge when they would let us go so far up the chain of command until the people in charged were "busy" or wouldn't return our calls. We dealt DIRECTLY with Nissan, and customer service mimicked Ford's. Who wants the payments of a new truck on a rebuilt truck? I don't.

The Toyota.

30k miles. Two North Carolina trips. Pulling the boat. Hunting offroad. Minimal maintenance. Not one single problem. I treat this turd harder than my 2004 Trac... I use it as a truck.... and it has no rattles, no squeaks, and no stalling or hesitation. ONE SOLID truck.

Now, after dealing with the three companies, I have found that Toyota makes the better vehicle. More durable.

I actually use my trucks.... Don't confuse it with abuse. My truck has taken me where I needed to go... I love it.... :)

One week in North Carolina (a total of 3,500 miles):

[Broken External Image]:

BTW, I am going to buy another Sport Trac in the near future. Maybe a 2001. It will be under $10,000.

Yeah Roger it is to much like a car. Hey i heard the new Santa Fe is nice to.........

Oh yeah thats what this post is about!:lol::lol::lol::p:p:lol::lol::lol:

Paul H

Laughs,Did someone get a Santa Fe here recently. I thought I saw a picture of one here. Nice vehicle Paul._Ron

paul, congrats on the new addition ! looks niiiice !

whats with the comment about the looks of the 07 trac ? :rolleyes:

to tired to get into the toyota / ford thing. just drove 1200 miles in my new 07 to sunny florida ! but anyway you guys know how i feel about that.

toyota ...... moving foward !, btw, nothing wrong with nissan . our 350z is great

once again paul, good luck and nice new ride

Thanks Gary .....yes i said the new sport tracs are ugly. i wont get one.

if i get a newer sport trac it will be a 05

Paul H

paul, after the trip down here, you will have a different opinion.

much better than gen 1 tracs, its like apple and oranges.

hey tom,

whats wrong with the new trac ? do you base a major purchase just on looks ?

Not completely, but that is still a major deciding factor.

I also do not like the IRS, the lack of function if I want to lift or lower it. I do not like the street only ability of it.

If there was a V8 available on the 2001 to 2005 trac's, it would have been the perfect vehicle.

I (ab)use my Trac. I load dirt in the bed at a weight of over 2000 LBS. I tow my trailer overloaded at sometimes 8,000 LBS. I can do this with two airbags on the axle to handle more weight.

Try doing that with the new Trac.

Sorry, the new Explorer design is ugly. I have no plans on buying one anytime soon. I would buy an F-150 before I would even consider the Sport Trac.

And before you ask, I have driven both the V6 and V8 and I was not impressed. The ride was nice, but that is all I can say about it.

In my opinion, the new Sport Trac is a failure on Fords part.

Tom

F150's are currently going for less then an ST these days, at least in my area. That's ridiculous. That's why I think the ST's days are numbered. They can't compete against their own company.

That's why I think the ST's days are numbered. They can't compete against their own company.

I would have to disagree with that. If the Trac's are selling for more than an F-150 does, that means people are willing to pay more for them. Those that buy the Sport Trac are looking for smaller size. The F-150 is a little large at times. Not everyone wan't a full size truck.

That is why I got my Sport Trac in the first place.

Tom