Bought My Wife Laurie A New Hyundai Santa Fe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Paul H,

How do you guys like it so far? I am currently looking for a Tundra replacement and Honda, Toyota, and Subaru are on the list. I like the Pilot, my sister owned one, but the gas mileage is too high for me to justify a switch. I looked at the CRV; they are really impressive. The Rav4 is impressive [by the numbers] but it feels cheap inside.... I like the L.L. Bean Subaru Outback.... it's nice, but same cost as Honda.

How's the gas mileage since you guys got it?

Looks good.

Dennis,

I don't know if you noticed this or not, but this is a Ford Explorer Sport Trac enthusiasts website. Many people here, such as myself have ties with Ford Motor Company.

You can not expect someone to buy something other than a Ford and expect everyone to say "Awesome, I am so glad you didn't buy a Ford".

If you want everyone to be happy for them, go visit a Hyundai owners website and tell them. They will be happy someone got a Hyundai.

I would not even think of being on a Hyundai website and telling everyone I got a Ford and expect all of them to be happy for me.

We have been having a mature discussion without name calling.

Tom

We have been having a mature discussion without name calling.

^Agree.

This is healthy. We're all here to talk about Trac's and other off topic ideas. It could be worse... we could have the dreaded P_HER ALIAS HERE_R here. So, we're doin' pretty good! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dennis,

I did read the entire thread. Show me, quote me, or copy & paste the name calling. I would like to see it.

Tom

They are playing nice! I just read the whole complete thread from A to W ( because Z has yet to come) and I have not seen anyone be disrespectfull or anything like that......this is a healthy discussion.

CARRY ON guys....lol

Edit: Congratulations Paul, the last time I checked I spend my money the way I see fit and I feel like you deserve the exact same rite. Again, congrats.....

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to chill out.

Oh, and if you think leaving is going to make us feel bad or guilt trip us into thinking we're ruining the site; it isn't happening.

This discussion is going to go on. You know why? Because this has been a discussion, not a fight.

I love this site for many reasons. For one, the people here do know what they're talking about, but just share difference of opinion. Unlike other boards that just glorify themselves and are forum Nazis about content.

I love this site.

Thanks Mud.

Guys...Tom (Caymen) and I respect one another and are probably the most vocal when it comes to debating. I know just where he stands on pretty much every issue, and I respect his opinion and attempt to understand his POV.

I am glad Paul got a new vehicle and shared it with us. The news is good news. What we must make sure we DO NOT DO is make Paul or anyone feel bad because they bought the vehicle that was right for them.

That is what some do here, as if this site should be one big, drink the Ford Kool-Aid, take a draw of the Ford hookah and sing the praises of the n'er do wrong company Ford.

There is nothing WRONG with Ford that can't be fixed by what is RIGHT with Ford. But the first way to fix things is to admit you have a problem!

TJR