Bought My Wife Laurie A New Hyundai Santa Fe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
paul h.

never said i hate the new 07, said it was a much better ride, beter quality with the exception of the cheap " chrome " wheels. a nicer interior but cookie cutter looks.

would i pay 39+ k for the new 07, NO !. it was in my budget as a company vehicle that i could get all the goodies, leather, safety canopy, v-8, navigstion, rear entertainment system. killer stereo...... i would have went with a toy tundra, but could not get all the goodies for that money as ford has been chasing my business and pushing " sick " money at me to get my fleet back to ford. after it is said and done, this trac will come in at about 30k. ford can push all the incentives my way and i still will not give in with the exception of a total of 3 fords in my fleet of 70+ vehicles.

btw, this post was about your new addition, looks gooood, nice choice for the money.

good luck

tom, its not just the explorer that is a failure to ford, its way beyond one model. its domestics in general. they need to take a lesson from toyata, nissans, hondas...... better quality leads to repeat customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Paul. My Mother-in-law has an older model and I don't like the front end styling of it. I do like the new front on yours. Alot more agressive looking. Congrats and enjoy!!;)

I think CAFE requirements are BS and should be eliminated. Let the consumer decide what to buy. Quit burdoning these companies to make and sell vehicles nobody wants.

A lot of folks would agree with this statement. However, a lot of them would also say that the government should not heavily subsidize highway transportation either, and that a huge tax should be put on gasoline to pay for all the costs of driving, such as roads, highway law enforcement, pollution, fuel production, insurance, military protection needed for petroleum production and distribution, etc., and that then the market should decide who drives, what they drive, how much they drive, etc.

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with this, but it does seem logical.

I feel a pay tax per mile vs per gallon is fair. If I drive something that get 10 MPH, why should I pay more tax that something that gets 50 MPG?

The government will get more tax's and we will pay less in the long run.

Tom

Paul,

Please don't take this wrong, but you can not expect everyone to be happy you purchased an imported vehicle. There are people here that work for the auto industry that have their heads on the chopping block, so to speak, and then you go out and send your money to South Korea.

Some will be happy you are happy you got a new vehicle and others will be angry about it.

They are slapping you in the face, so to speak, just as you slapped them by purchasing an import.

Tom

Caymen said:

Please don't take this wrong, but you can not expect everyone to be happy you purchased an imported vehicle. There are people here that work for the auto industry that have their heads on the chopping block, so to speak, and then you go out and send your money to South Korea.

Some will be happy you are happy you got a new vehicle and others will be angry about it.

They are slapping you in the face, so to speak, just as you slapped them by purchasing an import.

And THERE IT IS FOLKS.

The #1 reason why American business has been failing and will continue to fail....

...and that reason is that there are people and businesses that take it as a personal attack on them, and on America when a consumer buys an import product....as if the consumer is somehow doing something wrong, something bad, something unpatriotic.

Here is a CLUE to all such companies and those that work in their industries: Make and sell what people WANT and you won't have to guilt consumers into buying your product or make them feel like the villian when they don't.

The PROBLEM here is with the companies making the products....NOT with the consumers.

Way to go Paul...you buy what you want. The American auto makers have let YOU and THEMSELVES down. You are NOT the bad guy...THEY ARE.

TJR

Amen, TJR.

This whole "people are losing their jobs" crying crap won't get me to buy a POS of a vehicle. I am not falling for any of it.

Build something better!!!

It's not that hard.

I don't get too pissed about the rest of the country buying foreign cars. But it really burns me when people do it here in Michigan. Our industry, our livelyhood, depends on the automotive industry.

I hear you STylin', but if the people who DIRECTLY are impacted in a HUGE way don't want to buy your "local goods", that should speak VOLUMES of the product that is being sold.

Change the product or deserve to die. Don't blame the consumer.

TJR

It's not that, it's ignorance. 1. They don't realize what they are doing to their own economy, and 2. they had 1 or 2 bad experiences and won't go back.

Two friends of mine had bad bad luck with Chrysler products in the past. One bought a GM products since, and has been very happy. The other went foreign and has been happy too. Would he have been just as happy if he went to GM? Probably. But he didn't give it a chance. Look at GM now with the 5 year 100,000 miles warranties. That's telling you they stand behind their products, that's huge.

I hear you STylin', but if the people who DIRECTLY are impacted in a HUGE way don't want to buy your "local goods", that should speak VOLUMES of the product that is being sold.

Arent you the same one that was upset when Ford told their employees who drove SOB's (Some Other Brand's) to park in a different lot.

If I worked for GM, I would buy a GM vehicle. I can't expect someone to buy what I build if I am not willing to buy it myself.

Tom

I am pretty sure you felt it was wrong for Ford to not allow its employees that drive SOB's to park in the primo parking lot. There was nothing wrong with building one company, but supporting another.

Tom

Maybe I did, Caymen, I can't remember. I do think that a company is insecure, naive, and showing ill-will if it won't allow it's employees to park whatever they want in their lots. But then again, I can understand that a company may not want it's employees to send a message that they, for whatever reason, don't prefer their company product. I remember even using the example of the Budweiser delivery guy ordering a Molson's when in dress uniform.

I'm not sure which stance I took on that subject since I can see merits in both sides.

Regardless, I am not sure how either stance has any bearing on my encouragement to Stylin that what one buys, especially when their patronage affects their own bottom-line, should MEAN something to the company that sells the product.

To the Ford parking lot example, rather than passing some rule like they did, why not TALK to their own employee/consumers and ASK them why they, when they have so much to lose, prefer the competition's product...then take that information and ACT on it (with further employee incentives, better products, etc). That is what a GOOD company would do.

In other words, don't blame others and slam them for not making an alluring product...instead, make a better product.

TJR

Paul, don't think I said this in my previous post to this thread but, Congrats! Good luck with it, when do the mods begin?

To everyone else in this thread who can't seem to stay on topic:

[Broken External Image]:

(this picture is going to be getting a lot of use around here I see)

On the topic of warrenties, my favorite movie had the best saying for that. Tommyboy.

Supplier: "People buy the product because of the warrenty on the box."

Tommyboy: "I'll tell ya what, I'll take a dump in a box, throw a warrenty on the box and you can sell them a Guarentied piece of sh*t. What the consumer wants is a proven, quality product."

Does it really matter that a company in the hole such as GM will throw a 100,000 mile warrenty on thier vehicles, when they aren't changing the quality? What's to say that they will even stand behind it? Just as Ford Dealers do? They will find some other way to soak the money out of you when your vehicle is in the shop. Just my opinion.;)

Yeah, the 100K GM warranty was more of a show of desperation than of any real sign that they "stand behind their vehicle." The first round of mfgrs that started the 100K warranties were the lesser-quality imports that had a reputation for putting out disposable cars...and they put out the longer warranties to try to convince people otherwise.

GM going to 100K has convinced me they are desperate and they are willing to enter into a longer-term pissing contest over repairs with their customers to prove it.

TJR