Bought My Wife Laurie A New Hyundai Santa Fe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomT, you make a good point, a F-150 SCREW, if it cost about the same, and gets about the same gas mileage as an ST, why would anyone buy the ST? Yes, some want smaller, but I'm still not convinced why? So that it can fit in the garage? So that it's easier to park?

I do agree that smaller is better. Especially these days. When gas prices hit $3-$4 gal this summer, nothing says "Screw the USA, I'm supporting American hating muslims" more then driving a big ass vehicle.

When gas prices hit $3-$4 gal this summer, nothing says "Screw the USA, I'm supporting American hating muslims" more then driving a big ass vehicle.

Or you could drive that little Japanese import and show everyone you are formally apologizing for the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :lol:

Tom

TomT says:
I do agree that smaller is better. Especially these days. When gas prices hit $3-$4 gal this summer, nothing says "Screw the USA, I'm supporting American hating muslims" more then driving a big ass vehicle.

That's right, TomT.

This summer when gas hits $4/galloon we needs stickers that say "Screw the USA, I'm supporting American hating Muslims!" and we need to put them on everything and everyone that:

- Drives more than 15 miles one-way to work (they should move closer)

- Has any kind of hobby that uses fuel (hunting, fishing, dirt bikes, camping, quad racing, boating)

- Buy DVD or CDs (they are pressed using petro-plastics)

- Cools their house with a central AC (they could simply tolerate the heat)

- Drives with less than 2 in a car (selfish bastards)

Get your stickers ready. We will be sticking them everywhere.

Or, maybe we could all just be a little more tolerant of peoples legal choices and recognize that none of us are the czar of energy consumption, and that if such a position existed none of us could pass the test.

TJR

Some things even I am not willing to change but sooner or later we will be forced to. In the meantime, anyone that goes out and buys a Hummer or Suburban or Expedition these days ought to have their head examined. We live in a hydrocarbon country, no denying that, but that doesn't mean we cannot at least TRY to conserve a little. Or have you just accepted the fact that we will someday run out of oil and you'll worry about it then?

We live in a hydrocarbon country, no denying that, but that doesn't mean we cannot at least TRY to conserve a little. Or have you just accepted the fact that we will someday run out of oil and you'll worry about it then?

Mayve someone that is buying that larger vehicle has a NEED for that vehicle and we are unable to see that need. Nobody has to have a 4x4 vehicle. Nobody has to have a pick-up.

Just because someone does not see the need someone has for something does not mean they don't have a need or they are being wastefull.

Tom

Maybe things are different where you are Cayman but down here in Texas, men tend to buy bigger vehicles to show how macho they are and make up for something else that's small. How many Hummer owners out there do you think really need one? Most of them have never left the asphalt. I have no problem with people that buy a big truck to tow a big RV but I'm willing to bet you 90% of the people that buy big vehicles could easily do with something much smaller.

How much worse are the Hummer MPG numbers than a Suburban?

We all technically could get by driving a Chevy Aveo. If we need to haul something large, we could rent a U-Haul truck. If we needed to go on vacation, would could pack a tent and drive the Aveo on vacation. We don't need an RV to on vacation with.

Lets not forget, this is the USA. We can buy anything we want. Nobody should be allowed to decide for us what we should to buy.

Honestly, I think CAFE requirements are BS and should be eliminated. Let the consumer decide what to buy. Quit burdoning these companies to make and sell vehicles nobody wants.

Tom

By the way Gary I thought you said you didnt like your sport trac and that it was a cheap piece of junk. or did i miss understand you that night at Todd's???????

Paul H

Lets not forget, this is the USA. We can buy anything we want. Nobody should be allowed to decide for us what we should to buy.

Kind of like saying "This is America I should be able to dump my used oil in the river if I want to. It's a free country".

Yes Jake this WAS a post on my wifes new Santa Fe.

Now its pissing contest on other thoughts and opinions.

Paul H

Sorry if I helped hijack the thread.

The car looks nice. Let us know how she likes it. I suspect it will be very nice. Do you know what the rear seat shoulder or seat width is, compared to the ST that is?

TJR

My truck gets almost (of not) the same gas mileage as my ST's did... I'd love for an ST driver to bitch at me about my gas mileage... ha ha ha... killing the environment one gallon at a time. :lol:

And I apologize for getting sucked into the hijack. The Santa Fe really is a sharp looking vehicle Paul H. I really like the looks of the front end.

ps: bite me TJR

Last edited by a moderator: