Why I Carry a Gun

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always carry a gun, three or four at a time actually. I love the sound when they go off in a subway or a train station. Really cool. I like the big ones that carry a load of bullets. That way I can shoot for a long time without reloading. I used to carry grenades, but as you know, they are illegal and I wouldn't want to break the law.

You are now perfectly capable of taking the seat of Diane Feinstein.... who wants to ban all things gun but has not clue about anything gun.

'cause they stick out of your pocket too far
:lol:

Looks like a knock-off of cross breed. I only say knock off because the cross breed looks more finished/refined than that. But there is a decent price difference too..

The reality of packing a gun is: if you and yours are walking down the street, some punk pulls a gun, demands your wallet and your wifes purse, what do you do?

Do you pull your gun out and get in a gunfight? chances are 50/50 that you and yours may die.

If you just hand over the goods, you most likly will live to see another day.

Most robbers are not out to kill people, be it on the street or a home invasion.

If your house is invaded late at nite, lock your bedroom door, arm yourself, prepare your self.

In reality you own nothing that is worth protecting.

should the bad guys start breaking down the bedroom door (and you are certain they are bad guys) Blast the door with a 12Ga shotgun loaded with #2 shot (end of problem) call 911.

The attitude of, I NEED TO PROTECT MYSELF is false.

Your first reaction after being confronted by a person with a gun will be to flee (not to fight)

as most carry proponants are far from trained experts, most with zero experiance.

Look at what happend in Oakland last month, four highly trained, well armed police officers were killed by one nut case with a cheap rifle (SKS)

what would happen of the carry proponants ran into the same badguy?If you pulled your gun, you would most likly Die, if you posed no threat, you would live.

packing a gun is a manly thing to do, very macho indeed.

Most of the time, less is more. JMO

Bill,

There is a lot of what you said that I agree with, and much of what you say is why I don't carry a gun. It's also the reason that I try to not put myself in a situation where I think I might wish I had a gun. It's why I don't live in a crappy neighborhood, for example.

So, I agree with you on many of your points.

Most punks that use a gun in a crime won't use it unless they have to. But some will, and do use a gun for no other reason than they are a badass and don't want to leave any witnesses. Sure, those are the minority, but who really wants to gamble those odds?

I know, I know, all of life is a gamble. Statistics show that we are more likely to get killed in a car accident than be killed through violent gun crime. Yet we still all get in our cars each day without much fear.

Heck, there are folks here that I bet DO NOT wear that seatbelts but DO carry a weapon for protection. That's just crazy IMHO.

TJR

The entire gun thing is perplexing to me. my dad was a gunsmith, I grew up in a retail gunshop in the 50s and 60s.

was no such thing as assault weopens that ever came thru the shop.

I have a large gun collection, all sporting arms, some target rifles and pistols, yes I have a BMG that is kept out of state as it is not kali legal.

people get all anal about the 2nd ammendment, the right to keep and bear arms (to maintain a regulated miltia) we do have and have had a military in this country thus the need for a regulated civilian miltia is no longer needed,IMO.

The 2nd A, is tottaly outdated and needs to be revised as it was written over 200 yrs ago.

The authors of the 2nd never could have invisioned the gun world today.

Are AKs, SKSs.AR15s all over the net for sale, these are not target rifles nor hunting arms in the true sense, they are not quality arms.

For those High testosterone guys that have a need to pack and carry, if it makes you feel manly, than do so, but always remember you could die by being shot from your opponat

man to man.

I have a carry license, even in kali, as i deal in the highend watch buis, i never carry, have been confronted and robbed once, just give them what they demand, no gunplay, nobody got killed

We are not living in the wild west of 150 yrs ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
jdbox,

if you are unhappy with the people on this site, maybe it is time to delete it from your favorites.

Bill, the point is that if you are getting robbed on the street, when you pull your gun out the robber will back off and run away. Just having a gun will deter a whole lot of crime. However, if you are robbed and it looks like you are going to get hurt, by all means- pull the trigger and waste the POS.

Most of the time a gun won't ever need to be fired.

Gary, maybe its time we went back to showing respect on this site. It is not the whole site, just like everything it's a select few members, and it isn't all the time. It partially disrespectful on your part to think I should leave too, I was an active sponsor and I'm still an active poster, who is respectful to everyone even when they don't agree with me.

Bill, the one of reasons for the second amendment is protect us from a tyrannical government. The military = government, why should we be out gunned? (I know this is a stretch but think about the reality of what could happen)

For what it's worth Bill...

I have agree with you..

Far too many trigger happy inexperienced carriers out there..

Something about a stray bullet taking out one of my loved ones ..doesnt sit too well with me..

How many legal discharges have accounted for a stray bullet death? Pretty sure it's a REALLY small number if you can find it at all.

Gary, Bill B, JD, Tom,

Enough is enough,

Calling out this Site, People on this site, and this singling out is Done, The next person to do it IS GONE !!!

I HAVE HAD IT>>>> TRY ME !!!

Todd Z

I dont have a dog in this fight...just an opinion..

stray bullet death..let's say it is one in a million..

When it is you standing over your loved one..statistics suddenly seem meaningless..

My opinion is based on my region..what I see on a daily basis..not on everyone's region..

No disrespect meant...

I agree with what Bill stated....that doesnt say I agree with this senseless fighting any of you are doing...

I happen to enjoy reading all of your posts....I have no issues with any of you here..

Wolf,

every day about 240 people go to emergency rooms nationwide for injuries from falls involving dogs and cats, according to a report released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in its weekly Morbidity and Mortality Report.

I'm just saying ;)

If your house is invaded late at nite, lock your bedroom door, arm yourself, prepare your self.

In reality you own nothing that is worth protecting.

should the bad guys start breaking down the bedroom door (and you are certain they are bad guys) Blast the door with a 12Ga shotgun loaded with #2 shot (end of problem) call 911.

Bill for a guy who preaches the sensible way during possible crimes against a homeowner...this one makes no sense. Run to your bedroom and lock the door but if they start to break the door down blast them once you can tell they're not some idiot relative trying to be funny!! That makes no sense IMO!!

As far of us who live in the heartland....most of us don't have the luxury and warm, fuzzy feeling of living in a gated community like I've heard you mention. Although that can be a false sense of security also!

For those High testosterone guys that have a need to pack and carry, if it makes you feel manly, than do so, but always remember you could die by being shot from your opponat

Quite a large number of the new CCW applicants are female so the "high testosterone" statement is note as accurate.....at least in OH!

How many legal discharges have accounted for a stray bullet death? Pretty sure it's a REALLY small number if you can find it at all.

Yes, I bet more stray bullet deaths are from "Drug deal gone bad scenarios" than trigger happy CCW folks!

I agree, You guys need to take it easy....

Todd's right. This one seems to have gone a little too far in some posts. Heck, I belong to one of those terrible "black gun" forums that don't seem to get anywhere close to this nasty.

And don't forget:

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!

Take Care,

'07 ST:)