Why I Carry a Gun

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
PEOPLE ASK WHY?

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every man's life

when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's

when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people.

I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.

I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.

I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.

I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the

world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.

I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating

myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.

I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and

not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.

I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a

cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.

I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the

ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am

inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful

to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the

crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to

take an ass whoopin'.

.author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

I don't carry a gun because I love it.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful

to me.

Anyone that carries a gun understands that it is not the most comfortable thing to have on them.

Tom

Agrreed Caymen, most intellagent thing you have ever said on this site.

Now have you ever pulled a gun on a person? I think not.

have you ever killed a person? I think not, do you have any clue what it is like to take a life.?

I think not.

Why do you carry? (because you can) In a serious confrontation, i believe you would drop your your gun and cry your eyes out begging for mercy.

Now have you ever pulled a gun on a person? I think not.

Nope. Havent needed to. That is not to say tomorrow I may have to.

have you ever killed a person? I think not, do you have any clue what it is like to take a life.?

Nope. If I have killed another person, I do not think it would be something I would be proud of.

Why do you carry? (because you can) In a serious confrontation, i believe you would drop your your gun and cry your eyes out begging for mercy.

I carry because I can. You are right. I live in a "Shall Issue" state, which means the state must issue a permit for me as long as I am a law abiding citizan. You live in a "May Issue" state which means someone can decide if you can be able to carry.

I invite you to break into my home and find out if I will beg for mercy. My bet is that you beg for mercy that I do not put you out of your misery.

Email me for my address if you got the stones to do it. Are you willing to take that chance?

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, what exactly are you trying to say? Unfortunately, I can say yes to most of your questions. It was during a time of war, but I have done everything except your last statement, and am still a well rounded (more ways than one) individual. It took alittle to get over that since I was only 19y/o at the time. If you are wondering, I do have a carrying permit, and love my guns. There is no reason to call someone out like that. I applaude Tom for carrying and not having to step into my shoes.;)

This is a re-post...

We get the idea already...Y'all LOVE your guns!!! :wub:

Now if someone could find or write a poem that justifies our love for our sport tracs...

Tom, is no way i would break into your home, if Iintended to take you out it would be at 2000 yrds with my BMG, your a large target.

stone, been there, done that, what pisses me off on this site is gun nut kids, willing to kill people, when they have never been in a situation to do so.

When in nam, I had the oppertunity to kill people,I never did, get in a firefight in a small village, I shot chickins, dogs, water buffs, goats, pigs, could not shoot a human.

are to many psuedo killers on this site

walk the walk, talk the talk.

So someone who admits that he couldn't do it is somehow the authority on who does or doesn't have the stones to do it?

I'm losing more and more respect for the people on this site. Someone will be along soon with a picture to make my point even stronger I'm sure.

stone, been there, done that, what pisses me off on this site is gun nut kids, willing to kill people, when they have never been in a situation to do so.

I do not believe anyone here that carries guns walks around talking like they are ready to kill someone. I do believe they are ready to protect themselves if they need to.

When in nam, I had the oppertunity to kill people,I never did, get in a firefight in a small village, I shot chickins, dogs, water buffs, goats, pigs, could not shoot a human

I see someone with the respect for a human life, but a disrespect of life in general. That is a sign of sickness. Unless an animal is a threat towards your life or your health, why kill an animal for its only crime of being an animal? That is sick and disgusting.

are to many psuedo killers on this site

Tell everyone whom those people may be? Who brags that they will kill another human being just because they think they can. Show me one person here, including yourself, that would not protect their life or someone they love in a kill or be killed situation.

walk the walk, talk the talk.

What you are saiying is that each person exercising their right to carry a gun should be required to kill another human being as "training" so when the time comes, they can be prepared to do so?

You have serious issues.

I may have a strong dislike for my neighbors across the street, but killing them has never entered my mind. If they were to ever place a gun to my wife's head and threaten her life and I feel they would really pull the trigger, I have no choice. I must do what I have to do.

I work with a guy that was in Vietnam and has killed a good number of human beings. He said it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. He also said it would have been harder for him to have been killed.

I am sure he never had to practice before he took another humans life.

Of course, what do I know. I am just same fat kid in Ohio and not a "bad ass" from California. You said it yourself. You would kill me with your BMG since I am a large target. I doubt you even know what a BMG is, though you may have read all about it so that makes you an expert.

Tom

It's not so fun when a member "personally calls another out" as either a negative example to make a point, or because they impolitely disagree with an opinion.

It's not a nice thing to do. It's not a civil thing to do.

I'm seeing the "golden rule" of bad manners here in action; Do something bad to others don't be surprised when someone does something bad to you.

Can't we all just get along?

TJR

I've been on my knees with a Colt Python pressed against my temple. I don't intend for that to ever happen again. Yes, I do have a concealed handgun permit. Yes, I do carry and will as long as I am able.

I agree, You guys need to take it easy....

I also know threating to kill some one, or saying you will on a public forum could result in fines or the loss of your weapons or permits...

Lets please be civil......

Todd Z

I do not believe anyone here that carries guns walks around talking like they are ready to kill someone. I do believe they are ready to protect themselves if they need to

I would take it a step further... Any who carries and walk around talking like they are ready to kill someone should NOT be carrying, generally speaking.

Ask a cop, homeland security, border patrol, etc who has shot and killed. None of them were "ready", they were prepared. My brother-in-law is a deputy sheriff. He is prepared, but not ready. It's a life changing event, even if it's an enemy on the battlefield as I'm sure others here can attest.

Unless an animal is a threat towards your life or your health, why kill an animal for its only crime of being an animal? That is sick and disgusting.

Generally, I would agree to this statement. However, in the time of war, you are not only trying to kill your enemy, but destroy his will and ability to fight when he cannot be killed by eliminating his resources, including sources of food.

You would kill me with your BMG since I am a large target. I doubt you even know what a BMG is, though you may have read all about it so that makes you an expert

A .50BMG in California is made of a special element called UNOBTAINIUM. It takes a REAL expert to be proficient in .50BMG sniping when you're using a really special element like that:lol:

I always carry a gun, three or four at a time actually. I love the sound when they go off in a subway or a train station. Really cool. I like the big ones that carry a load of bullets. That way I can shoot for a long time without reloading. I used to carry grenades, but as you know, they are illegal and I wouldn't want to break the law.

I've never shoot a person, but I have shot blimps, cars, subway rains, airplanes, and other big things. I pick big things 'cause my eyesight is only 60/20 in each eye. Don't misunderstand, I usually can figure out people from things. I do not like rifles 'cause they stick out of your pocket too far.

Nancy Pelosi is my hero or heroine. She wants to protect me from myself and let the government protect me late at night in a dark alley in a drug infested neighborhood. Oh thanks Nancy.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: