Trucker's Strike on April 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Tom. I only stated that you should back up your facts before claiming someone else is making up crap.

So did Mullaly make exactly 431 times what the average Ford worker earns, or is this just an assumption based on what the other CEOs were making?

This is an average.

I do know he made $39.1 Million for 4 months of service.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17965096/

According to Blueovalnews, it is actually 403 times. I am sorry I was wrong.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?s=b81e126eec764b0541b75b11ce343875&showtopic=15401&st=0&p=204933&#entry204933

Tom

Getting back to the thread title. Capitals around the nation, including DC are being circled by the drivers There are several You Tube clips . I have veiwed some of them.

Here is the link to the Convoy in Harrisburg, PA

sorry I don't know how to post the clip here just the link.

Something else to consider in the CEO arguments. What they get paid isn't the only issue, the CEO's that havd done nothing for the company they took over, have often had great "dismissal" packages. Making millions upon stepping down from the position. Whether it's 431 times or not, I don't know but it all seems pretty abusive.

Exactly SS. Excessive pay is such a waste of good money that could be used towards a companies profit and given back to employees that would probably work harder because their company/employer shows they are their for "them" not just the company.

Found this site. ... interesting...

That site lies through its teeth with statistics. It talks about Americans loosing their homes, it doesn't mention that most of those people screwed themselves with ARMs. The site says 28 million american citizens will be on the food stamp program, it doesn't say why they are going on the program, it just implies that it is because of the government's atrocities. Facts like any illegal hispanic immigrant who has a child here is giving birth to an american citizen, and is then qualified for welfare, is left out.

For a site that hates the government, they should be condemning the horrible food stamp/welfare system, not using it as a crutch.

Yes, government officials are rich, and they always seem to be. It is the "old boys club" of sorts. Their whole French Revolution argument of "They eat cake whilst we starve" argument is crap. They did that even during times of success.

Driving around our capitals and boycotting products won't get us far. This is a far weaker attempt than the Bonus Army, and they were terribly defeated.

These guys don't even have set goals. Their mission is to "force the government to recognize the plight of the people", whatever that means. Perhaps if they said they'd strike until we could drill offshore, build more refineries, and build some more nuclear power plants, or even drill anwar, they could get somewhere. But no, they're just using blind rhetoric, and they're using it against politicians, who are rhetorical masters. With no goal, how will they ever truly "win"?

If they were serious about "taking back our government", the only action they could take would be to re-enact the 1860's event. Though in today's society, could that ever really happen?

They don't hate the government.:lol: and they are definately NOT anti Gov't.

They love their country. And are just tired of being screwed over by oil companies that make a killing in their industry and STILL raise prices and not able to make a living any more. Sounds to me like they are fed up for all of us and are trying to encourage all drivers whether it's big rigs or cars to unite. Nothing wrong with that.

Whether we all agree with them or not, I have to commend them..some of those drivers that shut down..it will hurt their business. But to stay running at the cost of fuel, it still hurts their business. At least in the end, they will go home knowing in their heart that they did something instead of complaing and doing nothing.

For others...this is the FLYER that is has and is being passed out at truck stops Nationwide.

Truckers And Citizens United

"National Shut-Down"

April 1, 2008

8am (eastern)

Duration

Until Our Government Takes Notice Of The American People

Professional drivers are asking American Citizens

to participate with us in the "National Shut-Down"

This is an issue effecting all of us and we MUST take a stand NOW.

Our government IS a major contributing factor in the outrageous price

of fuel, and the struggle American citizens are experiencing making ends meet.

We must take this action to get their attention. All other avenues has only fallen

on deaf ears - our government is ignoring the will, and needs, of the American people.

In The Last Year

( 63,000 Jobs Lost)

(2 Million American Citizens Lose Their Homes)

(28 Million American Citizens Projected To Be On Food Stamp Programs)

Our government officials are eating good dinners, are living in beautiful

homes, are driving brand new vehicles and are collecting large salaries...

on the American Citizen's dollar. It's time to take our country back.

ALL DRIVERS

COMPANY & O/O SHOULD PARTICIPATE

ALL AMERICAN CITIZENS

SHOULD PARTICIPATE...DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT'S

NOT A NECESSITY. CUT SPENDING TO BARE MINIMUM.

LETS TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!

STAND UP, SPEAK OUT OR GO BROKE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that's weird.... I see a quote box and my edit box in my last post weird....ED! what did I do? :unsure:

In additon to the overpaid-underworked CEO situation, let's try <a href="http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/p125120.asp"target=top>this</a>.

Maybe not the best source but a starting point to reference what I referred to above.

More on outrageous CEO salaries (click the link):

P.S. If you don't like what a CEO is getting paid, then I suggest there is no better way to address the problem then to NOT buy the product/service the company sells, and NOT work for that company.

TJR

Hey, that's the bogus flier I was commenting on.

Now that I know we're talking about the same thing, the flier does lie through statistics, it has no goal for end results, and it does hate the government.

This flier sucks, but if it appeals to its target audience, I guess it works...though it says something about the target audience.

Open ended goals are worthless, like obama's proposed "change" that is never explicitly stated. The flier never explicitly says "Our goal is to make the government take action to lower fuel costs". This almost could be propaganda to soothe the masses while gas prices will go up regardless. Perhaps that sounds too much like something out of 1984, but nothing proves that my conjecture is false.

With no goal, they will never succeed. So what is the point? To drive up commodity prices, and get the consumer angered more at the truckers than with the gas prices, while the pump charges go up quietly in the background? Use the rift which will form between consumer and trucker (who don't seem to realize that they are consumers) to the fuel company's advantage.

If this isn't some wonky conspiracy, then someone--the flier creator--has been taking propaganda lessons from bho, and that's a recipe for disaster right there.

Believe me if they shut down for more than two days...it will get the attention of many.

I've been watching local news from CA to FL and inbetween, and all have reported what can happen if this goes on for a week. Which is the time line that is being talked about at the truck stops. In two days time, it will have a huge effect.

Someone posted 9 video clips of the Truckers Convoy in Harrisburg, PA. It's reported more than 100 trucks and other vehicles (don't have that count) joined that convoy.

Also in DC this happened. It will be interesting to see the evening news in different cities tonight.

as far as the price of things, Prices will be driven up anyway and are being driven up, Seen what"a gallon milk costs today? Grocers are jacking priceses up because the carriers delivering are having to increase their fee to deliver because of the fuel cost. (this has been going on since gas went up to 2.50 a gal. Soon, Resteraunts will follow suit and Department stores as well because of the cost of fuel.

the goal is to bring the prices down for everyone and so that the Independant owners can run their business and still support their families. If the price of fuel goes down, grocers and other stores could lower their prices because the trucking companies would not be having to pay out high rates for fuel.

Large trucking companies get a discount for fuel. Owner operators get nothing to lighten the excessive cost of fuel. They pay out of their pockets.

The flyer is being passed out at Truck stops around the country, as they are being passed out, the goals I am sure are exspressed. If you want to know more of what the "goals" are you should go visit your nearest truck stop and hear them out.

That is where you can hear what the goals are. It's not as unorginized or opened ended as you might think.

I commend their efforts and the courage it's taking alof of them to have a voice for ALL of us in the country as a whole. Like I said, many of them are going to be hurt by not running, but still they get hurt if they do run their trucks.

At least, this way they may lose money but maybe they can gain something for everyone ..taking the risk that MOST of us won't take.

Not all truck drivers are uneducated and simple minded. Many of them are very intelligent and see things the way it is.

They don't all just jump on a band wagon because it's a cool thing to do.

and by the way, Trains can't transport to the trucking docks. So railway can only do so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have a problem with what a CEO gets paid. I do hjave a problem being asked to give back to the company to help it weather troubled times, yet the CEO gets a bonus.

That ticks me off.

Take for example, the last Goodyear strike. The hourly guys were asked to take major concessions while the company was making good money. The employees said no. They went on strike. I do not work for Goodyear, so I can not comment whether it was a good idea or not nor do I know ALL the details before I blast them for doing so. It lasted a long time. Finally they came to an agreement. Goodyear then gave the 4 top execs a total of $20.1 million dollars as a bonus.

Business as usual.

Give me a bonus enough to buy a new car with it and I will piss my pants. These guys an average of $5 million each. $5 million each as a bonus. Gie me a freaking break. You asked they guys that builds the product you sell, the guys that could kill the company by producing a bad product, to take a cut while giving yourself a hefty bonus.

At a minimum, they could have invested that $20 million dollars into new tire presses (I know how old the presses are in Akron, I used to inspect that plant every Christmas), a clean break area, a new test machine, something. Invest back into the company. Show they guys you asked to take a cut that you will do the same.

Tom

Tom it was probably a ploy by the company execs to get the workers to settle for something less than they had. So the execs got bonuses as a reward for getting the mission accomplished.

Saving money in a big company like that only means money in their pocket for the Execs and Board of Directors.

Bet those employees felt belittled when they heard the news. I agree it would have made sence if they had taken the money saved by the final agreement/settlement and invested it back into the company..at least a hourly employee can see and understand that.

Never ask me to take one for the team if you are not willing to lead me and do the same.

A leader leads by example. Never leads by "Do as I say, not as I do".

Tom

I hear ya! I was lucky in my last job, my sups were like that. Never ask any of us to do something they had not done or did themselves. True leadership is by example. I respected them more for being that way.

YEAAHHHH, THEY JAMMED UP THE TURNPIKE, GO TRUCKS.

Let's have a 20MPH Trac convoy in solidarity.

Latest posts