Trucker's Strike on April 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Even losing money, he made more money than 431 hourly guys made." Explain...Just out of curiosity, how much did the President of the Boilermakers Union make last year?

What does it matter how much the president of the IBB made? Did he lay off employees saying they could not make money then give himself a raise? No he didn't.

What is your point?

Tom

Not ignoring the only question you asked. How you came up with two questions is beyond me.

Tom

You are right Caymen he is not....but my point is he is still not taking a profit.

here is the deal on Alan... of course he does get an income and bonuses LOL

I stand corrected, there wasn't two questions. However, I asked you to explain the statement you made about the 431 hourly workers and I also asked you to tell me how much Newton B. Jones is being paid.

You are right Caymen he is not....but my point is he is still not taking a profit.

He did the same thing when he was the CEO. I brought out that point years ago.

However, I asked you to explain the statement you made about the 431 hourly workers

It is a known fact that the average CEO make 431 times more than the average employee.

I also asked you to tell me how much Newton B. Jones is being paid.

I do not have that information with me at them moment. I do know it is not 431 times more than I make.

Tom

Some Company Truckers are already are being capped on fuel, due to the cost. Some drivers can only get up to so many gallons at certain stops or miles between point a to b because their companies have a cap on them TO help CURVE THEIR fuel costs. This started when fuel reached alarming rates two years or so ago. when almost 3.00 a gal for deisel was introduced.

You truckers or dispatch and transpo coordinator members know what I''m trying to say.

The owner operators are being killed off. It's not that they are poor business folks either, It's the cost of what it takes to run their business. Fuel costs is taking from them being able to meet the needs of the truck business and supporting their families.

This is a moot point because there will not be enough drivers strike to make a difference. The market will easily consume the amount of work that will be dropped by those that want to participate. Union independents or not - it does not matter. The IBT will not even consider joining a strike of this magnatude because 1) They just negotiated a contract; 2) They know if they do strike, they will lose and so will the companies they strike against. The transportation market has been in a pocket since around October 2006. Most companies - regardless LTL or truckload - are only operating at around 55-60% equipment utilization, so an influx of business because some decide to take off will not even slow down the transpportation industry.

And if you are looking for something to add to your union debate - consider this. In 1966, there were over 100 Union Trucking Carriers in the U.S. Today, there are 3; and two of those are owned by the same mother company. With the underfunding of Union Pension funds being so prevalent (Central States being the largest), the 3 remaining companies have had to absorb rising costs year over year in relation (new contract finally has limitations to this).

This is not only happening in the Trucking Industry, but in every other environment as well. Both sides (company and union) can take blame for this, but until people develop a work ethic and get away from the 'Not My Job' attitude, nothing will change. It is unfortunate that stereotype is used against U.S. workers, but it is the truth. We have become an entertainment based society/country who believes we are better than everyone else. If a real world war was to take place right now, I would hate to see the outcome because I do not believe it would sustain.

If a real world war was to take place right now, I would hate to see the outcome because I do not believe it would sustain.

At the rate China is building thier military, it is scary. The number of ships they are building is 5 times more per year than we are.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't take many truckers to cause a problem. We had a truckers strike a couple of months ago in Poland. They blocked two of the major highways entering Poland with hundreds of rigs. One near Ukraine and the other near Germany and Czech Republic. The effects were immediate with huge traffic jams of people trying to enter and exit the country.

Just imagine if striking truckers blocked I-95, or I35 in Dallas, I-15 between LA and Las Vegas or I-5 in San Diego. It would create a huge traffic problem.

there you go,

you will not clean the restroom, because it is not in your job descrpition and of course there is a company policy against it, they were forced because of the union !

yes i have washed cars in my fleet that i have taken home as well as washed the demo's different manufactures have loaned me. i also have cleaned up spilled blood leaking from a sharps container. i didn't wait for the guy who's job it is!

How did this post get hijacked into another union/non-union bs thread?

Todd can we get a seperate section added to the site so this useless union/non-union banter can be read by those who give a poop.

We had a truckers strike a couple of months ago in Poland.

they have unions in Poland too? FWIW, Japan has an almost 100% union workforce. Why is it bad for America, BUT not bad in Japan?

they were forced because of the union !

Were you there? Didn't think so. Quit making up crap. You make yourself sound like a fool.

Tom

Alan Mulaly made his fair share. Even losing money, he made more money than 431 hourly guys made. -- Caymen

It is a known fact that the average CEO make 431 times more than the average employee. -- Caymen

I asked you to explain the statement you made about the 431 hourly workers and I also asked you to tell me how much Newton B. Jones is being paid. -- Les

Quit making up crap. You make yourself sound like a fool. -- Caymen

Tom, if you make up "facts" and don't back them up, then you need to also allow others to do the same.

Regarding the truckers strike in Poland, there is a union called "Solidarity" here. It helped free this country from Soviet dominance and in the process began a movement which freed Eastern Europe and brought down the Soviet Union.

The truckers strike was not organized by a union. It was more of a protest against the Polish government by foreign truck drivers. The truckers were mostly from bordering countries, such as Ukraine, Estonia, Russia, and Germany. They were protesting the high fees being levied and the long delays at the border crossing. all truck traffic going between Russia and Germany passes through Poland, and our roads are horrendous because of it.

Nelson,

Are you doubting that the average CEO makes 431 times more than the average employee?

Tom

Latest posts