Sometimes I really hate wally mart!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, Mud, given the same logic and reasoning that you have provided above, we might as well say that Walmart sexually harasses and abuses it's handicapped employees.

I say that because many of us have seen and heard of sexual harassment in the workplace and the reason it has been such a problem is that when harassed by a superior the harassed often has no "voice" to complain.

Your logic and reasoning would yield the same conclusion...that since the mentally handicapped by their nature can't communicate as effectively as “normal people” they are therefore being sexually harassed and abused in the WalMart workplace.

And of course, such unfounded allegations would be reckless, invalid and defamatory.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the fact is that if you shop at Wal-Mart, you must be handicapped

Tom

So, we've already determined that I am handicapped (mentally apparently).

we might as well say that Walmart sexually harasses and abuses it's handicapped employees.

So now all I need is a job and I'll start getting some action. ;) Wonder if I'd get sexually harrassed while on or off the clock?? :huh:

grump

Grump-

If it's on, that makes you a prostitute, as you're getting paid to "make it", and if it's off, you're just a slut. Hmmm, which is the lesser of those two evils?

Fkent,

The difference is that the world can be proven that it is not flat.

Wal-Mart taking advantage of its disabled employees can not be proven or disproved.

Tom

Caymen says:
Wal-Mart taking advantage of its disabled employees can not be proven or disproved.

Something like that can most certainly and easily be proven. All one needs to do is show a case.

My issue with Mud is that he asserts his opinion as if it were proof, and yet he has none...just assumptions.

It is much harder to disprove that they have taken advantage of employees (or put a better way to prove that they have NOT taken advantage of the disabled). It's hard to prove a negative....some say impossible.

TJR

Caymen,

In case you did not get it, I was using the same exact quote that Mud used a few posts earlier. Why let things like reason, logic and facts get in the way of things?

And in fact, it can be proven that wal-mart is/is not abusing and taking advantage of it's disabled employees. The question is who is going to do the investigation and who is going to pay for it and is there really a need to investigate?

Something like that can most certainly and easily be proven. All one needs to do is show a case.

And if someone does not speak up, therefore none can be proven, does that mean it doesn't exist?

Yolu know the whole, "If a tree falls in the forrest..." kinda deal.

Tom

My point Caymen, was that you said it "cannot be proven"....clearly it can...it would be easy to prove, especially if it were actually happening.

The absence of any such prove being discussed in the news the past few years as WalMart bashing has become popular is probably a good indication that such abuses are not happening.

Tom

Sacralidge. Walmart IS the holy land. Don't you guys read the bible?

"And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Walmart, and shop there: and make there an altar unto God"

Kfent was trying to be funny, but failed... all that he has inputted into this thread is sarcasm and dumb humor.

Oh well... maybe he should work for Wal Mart... or does he already?:lol:

Whatever people believe ... there are some who want to believe that things are doing okay and only positivity exist ... if one speaks about a negative about something and one feels it's either taboo or the subject matter is something that people don't want to associate something bad with, they will ignore it or just say it can't be true.

I, for one, believe a person with a mentality of a 12yo will not be able to defend his/herself from an injustice like an adult would. THATS why more kids are abused and taken advantage of ... hell, when I was 12yo, I put up with more crap because I believed it wasn't my place to question <b>some</b> authority. Now, put a mentally handicapped person with the 12yo mind in a situation, I can't help but think they would react no different from a 12yo would.

Now compound that with working at Wal Mart.

If manager George wants to boss around or have someone do something he knows is not ethically right, he be sure that a 12yo will less likely argue with him.

If one person is being taken advantage of, but does not say anything, it can't be proven.

Tom

Caymen, you are MISSING the point. You said in a blanket statement without any other factors that it "cannot be proven".

Clearly there are many examples and ways that it can.

Showing a single way in which it cannot be proven is a restatement of the blanket statement you said before, it's back-peddling. Clearly there are ways and scenarios in which it CAN be proven, thus your blanket statement was wrong.

Heck, I'm wrong all the time. That's why I value my wife's opinion! :eek:

TJR

You are missing mny point. If nobody speaks, nothing can be proven. Until someone speaks, it is only a theory.

Tom

Mud,

No one is disagreeing that disabled workers should not be taken advantage of. You stated, without proof, that you believe wal-mart does so. Some have challenged your assertion and you defended it with the I'm rubber, you're glue defense. Very novel and convincing.

After wasting some time reading the entire thread my contribution was meant to be sarcastic.

And since we are now moving on to personal attacks, based on your posts, you probably are not mentally handicapped and you most certainly are a nice guy in person...

Latest posts