Palin for VP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a little of the convention last night. Both the Palins and the McCains have children on their way to Iraq. Anyone wanna bet that if Obama had children old enough to enlist, he would have found a way to keep them out?

Watching Palin give her speech tonight, I would have to say McCain picked the right running mate. Hell, she's got more balls than Obama.

Favorite line:

What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?

Lipstick.

:D

Watched a little of the convention last night. Both the Palins and the McCains have children on their way to Iraq. Anyone wanna bet that if Obama had children old enough to enlist, he would have found a way to keep them out?

You are aware that Daddy Bush pulled strings to keep Jr. Bush out of Vietnam and put him in the Texas National Guard?

It wasn't so bad that Daddy Bush pulled strings to get Junior into the guard, but someone more qualified was sent to their death in Vietnam.

McBush and Paulin will do the same things.

Tom

This article appeared in Alaska Magazine in the Feb 08 issue. Doesn't spill any beans on Sarah but does give a look into her personal life. I have two sisters who lived in Alaska and one of them did layout work as a graphic artist for Alaska Magazine. I have been there and the landscape is truly awe inspiring.

Hey Tom, news flash, Sarah's hubby is a union member. :D

I said it before I will say it again:

Biden weakened the Dems ticket, Palin strengthened the Reps ticket.

Reps again in '08.

Get over it Dems. You guys just can't win an election. Give it up.

TJR

She TAXED big Oil and gave the money to Alaskans...? great but I though the right hated taxes and they particularly hated and argued that, that was what Obama would do.... What am I missing here? Are taxes ok for some but not others?

I also seem to recall vicious attacks on inexperience, does it not matter anymore? Is it all good now that Sarah and her city hall which looks like a guard shack was the big mayor. For christs sake it reminds me of Fargo and i would bet Fargo is bigger...

The issues remain the same, republicans spend and spend and not pay who cares about the deficit? But lets see now what they say about taxing

Republicans believe the trickledown economics work but we have seen time and time again they don't. They give the Big corporations tax breaks to create jobs overseas and leave Americans unemployed. People then direct the anger at illegals for stealing those jobs..

Lets see George Bush says on one hand giving people the money will stimulate the economy so we get rebate checks, on the other hand he says giving tax breaks to the Big Companies will help create jobs to stimulate the economy. Well which one is it? Obama proposes giving TAX breaks to companies that actually create jobs here in America and he proposes giving more money to middle income Americans in the form of tax breaks.... Isn't this a good start?

So what the surge worked but we are still fighting dying and spending our money in a place for a reason that was fake and uncalled for and did nothing for our security. Lets get the hell out of there, the hell with people who don't want to take care of themeselves, isn't that what we say about welfare recipients?

If Obama was part of a group that wanted to Secede from the Union we would be harping all over that too, but i guess it is Ok that Palin was a card caring member of secessionist group?

Hypocrisy at it's best...

Joseymack

You are aware that Daddy Bush pulled strings to keep Jr. Bush out of Vietnam and put him in the Texas National Guard?

It wasn't so bad that Daddy Bush pulled strings to get Junior into the guard, but someone more qualified was sent to their death in Vietnam.

McBush and Paulin will do the same things.

First of all, show proof that this actually happened. No one has ever been able to prove this false, weak allegation. John McCain has two sons serving in Iraq, and Sarah Palin's son is scheduled to deploy later this month.

Second, get over the 2000 election. Neither George H.W. or George W. Bush are running for President in 2008.

If Obama was part of a group that wanted to Secede from the Union we would be harping all over that too, but i guess it is Ok that Palin was a card caring member of secessionist group?

Do your homework before you buy into false allegations, Josey. That's BS, and has already been disproven.

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she and her husband were once member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United State.

Lynette Clark, the chairman of the AIP, told ABC News on Monday that Palin and her husband Todd were members in 1994, even attending the 1994 statewide convention in Wasilla. Clark was AIP secretary at the time.

This, it should be noted, does not square with official records.

Gail Fenumiai, director of the Alaska Division of Elections, tells ABC News that regardless of the impression given to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, "Gov. Sarah Palin first registered to vote in the state in May 1982 as a Republican, and she has not changed her party affiliate with the Division of Elections since that time."

Clark on Tuesday night said that she had been mistaken.

A day after ABC News requested a response from Palin as to whether she was ever a member of the AIP, McCain campain spox Brian Rogers told ABC News that Clark's "allegations are false."

"Governor Palin has been a registered Republican since 1982," Rogers says, providing voter registration documentation showing her to be a Republican. "As you know, if she changed her registration, there would have been some record of it. There isn’t."

Rogers says that Palin didn’t attend the AIP convention in 1994, "but she visited them when they had their convention in Wasilla in 2000 as a courtesy since she was mayor."

When asked if Palin ever identified herself as a member of the AIP, Rogers said, "No, she's a lifelong Republican."

But it's okay he was a member of a church that hated white people?

I also seem to recall vicious attacks on inexperience, does it not matter anymore?

She's running in the VP spot, not as the Leader of the Free World. Seems like the little girl with balls is scarring you guys. Everyone wants change, well, here she is, it doesn't get any better than this...

Palin kicked butt in her speech! What a great candidate- smart, articulate, way more experienced than Obama.

I'm ready to vote today and put this thing to bed!

So what changes Les? more of the same ole same ole.....

TomT - I don't buy the hated white people church. Rev wright was vocal but he didn't say we hate whites nor did he preach to hate whites, another right wing scare tactic

Palin scares noone but yourselves. All i have seen is republicans trying to explain all her flaws without anyone else saying anything. As a matter of fact Obama says it's not an issue but republicans still want to keep bringing it up.

So what is it that the republicans have done that seems to be so attractive to righty's? Outside of Palin looking nice aren't we tried of this economy and course this country is on?

joseymack

So what changes Les? more of the same ole same ole.....

She's not afraid to kick ass, take names and change govermental policy. Read her biography !!! She's done more for Alaska in 18 months than Obama has even thought about doing !!!

I don't buy the hated white people church. Rev wright was vocal but he didn't say we hate whites nor did he preach to hate whites, another right wing scare tactic

You on the same planet as the rest of us, or read a newspaper in the last six months ???

As a matter of fact Obama says it's not an issue but republicans still want to keep bringing it up.

It's the media making these claims, not Republicans, or Obama.

Outside of Palin looking nice aren't we tried of this economy and course this country is on?

No question about it, get rid of the Democratic congress and things will change.

Les I still miss the "kill whitey" part of this.

If preaching truths and what some consider half truths or falsehoods = "kill whitey" than this is not America.

I simply feel this guy said these things in the heat of the moment, does that mean they are not true because they are controversial? Does the church have white members? Did he say we hate whites? the answer is NO!

Yea some of it sounds unprobable.... but still possible? Remember Tuskegee? When did Apartied end the year 1990? less than 20years ago..?

I am not trying to be controversial but lets not be so naive to say some of it is not plausable in the eyes of black americans... These statements have merit in the eyes of many people.

One other thing, I hear all this talk about glass ceilings and things preventing women from getting ahead. There is no bad mouthing the movements and issues woman face today because they are real... But if you talk about these same issues and substitute the word blacks for women you hear it's BS, affirmative action, reverse rascism, it's not true and so-forth,,,, Is there some hypocrisy there also?

I mean come on Les here are his quotes: Where does the kill whitey come from?

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”

– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God **** America … for killing innocent people. God **** America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God **** America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this sh*t!”

Les I still miss the "kill whitey" part of this.

I mean come on Les here are his quotes: Where does the kill whitey come from?

Don't know, something you stated, no one else did...

Did he say we hate whites?

After reading all of his quotes (that you posted) I would have to say he doesn't like us much...

I am not trying to be controversial but lets not be so naive to say some of it is not plausable in the eyes of black americans... These statements have merit in the eyes of many people.

Dating all the way back to 2001 (your first quote), if I was sitting in a church and someone, OF ANY COLOR, started with this crap, not only would I leave, I would never return. Obama remained a member until this summer, that implies agreement and acceptance of Rev. White's doctrines, even if he truly doesn't think this way.

One other thing, I hear all this talk about glass ceilings and things preventing women from getting ahead. There is no bad mouthing the movements and issues woman face today because they are real... But if you talk about these same issues and substitute the word blacks for women you hear it's BS, affirmative action, reverse rascism, it's not true and so-forth,,,, Is there some hypocrisy there also?

The only person that keeps you from getting ahead, is you. Don't blame limitations on anyone other than yourself. No one paid for my education, but me, not one pays my bills, but me. I am responsible for who and what I am. Anything else is a sign of laziness and an unwillingness to succeed. I'm not talking about special needs people or medical issues, I'm talking about average Jane or Joe, regardless of color. In this country if you want to succeed, you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing, I hear all this talk about glass ceilings and things preventing women from getting ahead. There is no bad mouthing the movements and issues woman face today because they are real...

josey, although for the most part I'm on your side in this discussion, I have to disagree with you on what you said here. There is plenty of bad mouthing the talk about glass ceilings for women, and "things preventing women from getting ahead", and it's because those are not real.

The only "glass" barrier women have is a glass floor, keeping them from having to do the worst jobs. Take a look at any ranking of jobs, ones which take into effect not only pay and job satisfaction, but also risk of job-related injury, risk of job-related death, exposure to the elements, career longevity, etc. And then take a look at the bottom of that list. In the bottom ten, you'll usually find jobs like farmer, construction worker, coal miner, garbage collector, firefighter, and professional football player. Notice anything similar about these? They're all 98+% male. Until the women's movement is willing to take on their share of these jobs as well, they have no right to complain about any "glass ceiling"...

Last edited by a moderator:
She soooo has my vote! Gotta give it to old man McCain... he surrounds himself with very attractive older women! LOL

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Gotta love the internet...

Latest posts