Palin for VP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good column, worth repeating here:

Who's Afraid of Sarah Palin (And Why)

When Afraid, Attack is the Mantra. So who is afraid of Sarah Palin, and why are they afraid?

by EJ Moosa (Libertarian)

If you listen carefully, you can just hear between the well prepared lines, and determine why Sarah Palin is such a threat to the political infrastructure of these United States.

In Denver last week, we heard of the American Dream as lived by one Barack Obama. How a black man in Chicago without a dad, went to law school, turned down the high paying lawyer job, and went on (via the Chicago political machine) to become the nominee of the Democratic Party. Those who control that dream- the Chicago political machine, the Democratic Party itself, and the media are afraid. They cannot have some PTA mom from a small town in Alaska define another path to the top. If Sarah Palin succeeds, they lose.

Two weeks ago we saw Barack Obama select Joe Biden, a senator with decades of experience as his vice presidential running mate. Senator Biden's experience has been advertised as the reason he is such a good running mate. In today's papers, details about how he fought for Israel. How did he fight? By casting votes in the Senate. By talking to his colleagues about how to vote.

Using this logic, I have been fighting for this nation for decades myself, talking to friends and families about how to vote for not just President, but local and state elections as well. If Sarah Palin wins, Joe Biden, and the rest of the career politicians who hold hope that if they just hang in there, play the game, then one day they may be called upon for a position such as Biden has been called will become big losers. If Sarah Palin wins, the career politicians lose.

The old school political establishment is at risk if Palin wins with John McCain. It means that you do not need to make a lifelong career of being a politician, wining and dining with lobbyists, to effectively run government. It then means that people such as you and I, who can read and follow a constitution, could be an effective leader. It means that if Sarah Palin wins, we all become potential winners. The potential is then based upon what we do with it.

The position of governor of a state should hold much more respect than being a Senator. There are 100 Senators. There are only 50 governors. Senators run for reelection once every 6 years-governors every four years. With Senators they can vote both ways on the same issue in their position-with Governors the buck stops with them. They do not get that luxury. If Sarah Palin wins, we can say State government trumps a lifetime of Federal Service.

The belief that government is highly complicated and that it is too difficult to do by a common citizen is at risk. Who has propagated that myth? Career politicians and lobbyists who have invested millions, that is who. If Sarah Palin wins, she proves that it is not so complicated that a determined individual cannot do an excellent job by FOLLOWING the Constitution. What a concept!

If Sarah Palin wins, lawyers lose. Can't we get away from lawyers as political leaders? Biden trained as a lawyer, Obama was a lawyer, the Clintons were lawyers. McCain is not a lawyer. Palin was a business student. Don't we want someone with business sense rather than ltigation sense leading our nation? Haven't lawyers done enough to our nation already?

And despite what some Libertarians worry about, if Sarah Palin wins, our movement will win. Candidates of the future will bring more of what the winners possessed to the table in 2012. If Sarah Palin wins, we will have more smaller government candidates in the future. (And if Obama/Biden win, we will have more big government American Promise candidates-because that is what it took to win)

If Sarah Palin wins, and is just a breath away from being President of the<

The real Sarah Palin is hotter than the above photos....

She says things the way they are, she tells life by the way she sees it and lives the way she says to live.

Unlike Obama and Biden.... Just in the last two days Biden has been caught in a MAJOR lie...

Tuesday, Biden said he and Obama would prosecute Bush, Cheney and the Bush administration under war crimes, if they could prove the details.... then today I believe, he claims to never have said that....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/biden-rips-bush.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/04/oops-south-florida-newspapers-miss-big-biden-story-own-backyard

Biden is the epitomy of idiocy. 6 months ago he ranted on how unready Saint O was to be president.... yet now he's saying that he's the best candidate?

Does he not realize that George W. Bush is NOT on the ballot for 2008? Here's another secret, Joe, neither is Richard Cheney.

It's really amazing how these "democrat leaders" do everything but lead.

It is also amazing how many people still spew stories and comments that have been debunked several times over. You don't hear conservatives spout on about how The Messiah Obama is a Muslim. You don't hear conservative leaders going on and on about how Obama was sworn in on a Koran (or Quran). Yet, you hear how John McCain has a black love child (probably referring to the daughter he and his wife ADOPTED), how Mrs. Palin was an Alaska separatist or how Mrs. Palin faked pregnancy for daughter....

Get your nose out of the DailyKOS, MediaMatters, Michael Moore's arse and look at FACTS.

Interesting that Obama's group is running ads now comparing him to the VP nominee... can we say SCARED POOPLESS??? (can I say that here???:p)

Damn Woppy, you beat me to posting them. I just came across those pics (not to be taken literally) and couldn't stop laughing.

Shoot, if they were real, I would have voted for her.

You guys ever see these sites, the footage is funny, the allegations are scary.

http://therealmccain.com/

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/index.htm

I dunno Woppy.. The media is digging up some pretty interesting stuff on that lady. ie) the fact that she was trying to force her daughter into a marriage RIGHt after the Republican convention, which has created a massive media storm around the mother/daughter feud. And now its being revealed that shes had an affair with her husbands former business partner..

how very interesting...

Dig deep enough and you will find dirt on any one.

the fact that she was trying to force her daughter into a marriage RIGHt after the Republican convention, which has created a massive media storm around the mother/daughter feud. And now its being revealed that shes had an affair with her husbands former business partner.

If you're going to present something as a "fact", then sight a credible source. Otherwise, dismiss it as just another rumor, just another weak attempt by a frightened opposition to discredit her. I believe that it was the left's Chosen One, Obama himself who said that "families are off limits". But the fringe radicals are so scared of defeat that they're not listening to him. They're either starting false rumors that get picked up by a supportive media, who present the rumors as "legitmate news stories", and then they're taken as fact by the public. The same thing has happened on the other side (Obama's a Muslim, he was sworn in on a koran, etc.)

fringe radicals are so scared of defeat that they're not listening to him. They're either starting false rumors that get picked up by a supportive media, who present the rumors as "legitmate news stories", and then they're taken as fact by the public.

If you are so evidence-based then where is your credible source for this?

It doesn't really matter to me in the long-run, as I cannot vote for your Presidency anyway. Im neither Dem nor Rep. and dont really have an opinion on who I want to win. I just wanted to see what people HERE thought of these issues.

But I have to admit that I am intruiged by the lengths that the media goes to in order to reveal every tiny detail of an individual's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are so evidence-based then where is your credible source for this?

How about the whole Dan Rather/National Guard false document fiasco back in 2004? The rumors and insinuations about President Bush's National Guard service started way back in 2000. In 2004, Dan Rather presented what he purported to be factual evidence questioning the President's service, only to end up looking like a total ass and losing his job after being totally discredited.

:lol:

OK that was fast, but somewhat irrelevant to the 2008 elections.. I honestly do not know enough about this to be engaged in an in-depth conversation about it though.

All I know is that if I were American, I'd have a very difficult time choosing who I'd want to lead my country. Both parties have chosen some tremendous leaders IMO

methinks I will be staying out of US Politics on this board from now on:unsure:

I believe that it was the left's Chosen One, Obama himself who said that "families are off limits".

TrainTrac--

Agreed--but shaun.t's story references were not about the daughter. They were about the candidate and how she is acting in her relationship with her daughter--which is a completely different thing, and is completely fair game, as it has to do with how the candidate deals with people and problems.

Note, on the flip side, I'm completely in agreement with you about source credibility on this particular story. It's only this one particular argument you made about this falling within the "families are off limits" category that I wanted to point out as being baseless.

If a candidate's brother were to beat his kids, then that's family, and therefore off-limits. But if a candidate him/herself were to beat his/her kids, that that's completely within limits, as it deals with the candidate's moral character and problem solving skills, even though the beating victims are still technically "family". And shaun.t's report (if any reputable source ever confirms it) would definitely fall into that latter category.

Shaun t,

Regarding the "Affair" Rumor you mentioned, the McCain Campain has called this a "viscious lie". This story was reported by the National Enquirer, so take that for what it is worth. The information below is from Fox News.

McCain campaign calls Palin affair 'vicious lie.'

Thursday, September 04, 2008

ST. PAUL, Minn. — John McCain's campaign is denying a tabloid report that vice president candidate Sarah Palin had an extramarital affair. "It's a vicious lie," spokesman Steve Schmidt said.

The campaign is considering legal action, the senior adviser added.

The National Enquirer wrote in its edition dated Sept. 15 that Palin had an affair with a business associate of her husband, Todd Palin. He discovered the infidelity and dissolved the business, the article said. It attributed the allegation only to "an enemy" of the Alaska governor.

"The smearing of the Palin family must end," Schmidt said in a statement released Wednesday. "The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Gov. Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false."

I, frankly, can't even find a mention of your statement regarding her "forcing" her daughter to marry right after the convention. I am with the others -- if you are going to throw something like that out, give a source.

They were about the candidate and how she is acting in her relationship with her daughter--which is a completely different thing, and is completely fair game, as it has to do with how the candidate deals with people and problems.

But if a candidate him/herself were to beat his/her kids, that that's completely within limits, as it deals with the candidate's moral character and problem solving skills,

Bill V,

As I said, people, like shaun t are taking what are at this point rumors and insinuations as hard facts, and continuing to spread those "facts" around. And in our sound-bite, short-attention span culture, this is all folks hear, and fail to verify it themselves, thus believing it as fact. It's the old "if you tell a lie long enough and often enough, it's becomes true" adage (I'm paraphrasing).

As far as it being " completely fair game, as it has to do with how the candidate deals with people and problems", and that it's "completely within limits, as it deals with the candidate's moral character and problem solving skills", how about the fact that the media, the general public, and more specifically the voters of a certain New England state have, for the last four decades, treated as off limits the fact that a certain "candidate" got behind the wheel of a motor vehicle with a passenger while drunk out of his gourd, drove said car off a bridge into a river and then ran from the scene, allowing the passenger to drown?:huh: What does that say about how that particular candidate "deals with people and problems", and that " candidate's moral character and problem solving skills"?:blink:

I guess in that case, it really didn't matter to the media, public, or voters, because he was still elected to office, continually re-elected over the last four decades, culminating with him being revered as an icon of his party, and the "Lion of the Senate". And other than his last name, what exactly were his qualifications and experience when first running for the Senate, or for President in 1980, as compared to his opponents?

well c'mon now...as reputable as the National Enquirer is :rolleyes: I cant honestly sit there and take what Fox News has to say at face value either.

Oh yea: :lol: that other smear crap on Palin is front page National Enquirer too.

Now I'm not by any means saying I believe what the Enquirer is reporting. But you can't necessarily discredit it 100% either.

Well, I guess you may have point, shaun t. After all, they did doggedly pursue John Edwards and break the story about his affair.

But, that's just one example. I think that it's safe to assume that 99% of anything else that they print is horse squeeze.

I bounced between Fox, CNN and MSNBC during the conventions. MSNBC is not even worthy of the term journalism. Fox is definitely conservative, but they will call a spade a spade. CNN definitely leaned left, but not that bad in my opinion. Comparing Enquirer to anything is basically a joke...well except maybe for MSNBC.

Latest posts