Palin for VP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
She might even get Bill Clinton to secretly vote for her:lol:

She was runner up for Miss Alaska.

One term Governor so that makes her more experienced than Obama.

And she's pretty HOT TOO!

read her bio on wikipedia, pretty impressive

and she hunts too! This will get the hunters back from the camp!

McCain is a true Maverick!

Smart move,, Move over Hillary, there is a woman on the ticket!

And not YOU:lol:

Gotta love it!

COOL!!! Hillary's supporters will now have someone to support.

This just might put the nail in the coffin for Obama.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see it more as an obvious move to try and stay deverified; trying too hard. She seems to be pretty spot on and maybe it'll work out but I still wont be voting republican or democrat.

-Sefus

He just picked her to have someone to cook for him. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I know little about her. Anyone here from Alaska that can offer some insight?

Hate to bring it up, but at McCain's age I was hoping for a VP candidate that would be ready to step in do the job as President if necessary. I don't think the youngest governor in Alaska's history is ready to do the job. I plan to support McCain, but in the long run I think his choice will cost him votes. :unsure:

She supports drilling in ANWAR.

Got my vote:D

She's tough as nails and is not afriad to cut spending.

She's younger than Obama.

So much for Obama getting the "Youth" vote!

She's HOT!

Let's have an interview with Hillary now!:lol:

From what I know of her budfromball gound has pretty much covered. IMO, we need to drill in ANWAR now.

So if you don't back Obama, you're a racist -- does this mean if you don't back McCain, you're a sexist?? Just stirring the pot!

I don't care that she's a woman or not, I'm just happy that there's one real conservative on the GOP ticket.

Yeah, but what does she rate on "Hot or Not?"

Anyway, this has shades of the TV show "Commander In Chief" starring Gena Davis:

Commander in Chief was an American drama television series that focused on the presidential administration and family of Mackenzie Allen (portrayed by Geena Davis), the first female President of the United States, who ascended to the role after the previous chief executive, Teddy Bridges (played by Will Lyman), died in office from a sudden cerebral

I need to be a political advisor -- I won a $200 bet with a friend that Hillary wouldn't get the nomination ($100 that she wouldn't be elected President, double or nothing that she wouldn't get the nomination), and I called McCain picking Palin.

She is actually pretty impressive (more impressive if you are conservative). I have picked up most of the below from Fox.

Her 5th child was diagnosed with Downs Syndrome before it was born, and she did not chose to have an abortion.

Supports gun rights (have seen video today of her being shown how to fire a machine gun by a soldier)

While the chair of the Alaskan Oil & Gas Commission (A big deal there), she found out another commissioner -- another republican - was doing some things that were unethical. She went to the governor and asked him to do something. The governor refused. She resigned in protest, and later challenged and beat the governor. There was later an investigation of the ethics charges, and people were charged and pled guilty.

When she became governor, she got rid of the state police security detail (she felt it was not necessary), and got rid of the private plane for the governor and took commercial flights, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars.

And she is a hockey fan. :D:D:D

Rocks

Yeah, but what does she rate on "Hot or Not?"

Anyway, this has shades of the TV show "Commander In Chief" starring Gena Davis:

Commander in Chief was an American drama television series that focused on the presidential administration and family of Mackenzie Allen (portrayed by Geena Davis), the first female President of the United States, who ascended to the role after the previous chief executive, Teddy Bridges (played by Will Lyman), died in office from a sudden cerebral hemorage.

Gena Davis:

5e0472f3d220333052cef07b4c1d586e.jpg

Sarah Palin:

3aaf99a08c88eb069ecfdd1aceb294ed.jpg

I should be fair, and also point out that there is currently a legislative investigation in Alaska involving a member of her staff who called the head of the State Police and asked to have a state trooper fired. This trooper happens to be the brother-in-law of Sarah Palin, who is in a custody battle with her sister. The head of the State Police was later fired. Most of the information that I have seen has indicated that Gov. Palin had nothing to do with it, but I should at least throw some of the bad out with the good I noted previously. Also worth noting, that the trooper was never fired, and is still working.

Rocks

From her Wikipedia bio:

She hunts, eats moose hamburger, ice fishes, rides snowmobiles, and owns a float plane. Palin holds a lifetime membership with the National Rifle Association. She admits that she used marijuana when it was legal in Alaska, but says that she did not like it.

In addition to that, she appears to have a very strong resume, with plenty of good leadership experience. I think that this was a brilliant move, and could have just turned the tables and made it a slam dunk for the Republican party. It'll be interesting to see how many Hillary supporters that were backing her solely because she's a woman jump ship and vote McCain/Palin now.

There is talk in the media that this is a set-up for the first woman President. Speculation is that McCain will say that he's only going to serve one term due to age and health problems, and then Governor Palin will run for President in 2012.

All-in-all, it's an "in your face" to the Democrat party, who espouses to be the party that supports women and minorities, but when it comes down to it, they're just talk. It's actually been the Republican party that has had both a minority and a woman in the most powerful White House cabinet position (Colin Powell/Condi Rice as Sec of State). And now the Dems have totally shunned women for the Pres/VP ticket.

No doubt about it, things will definitely be interesting between now and November...

In her own words....

In an interview just a month ago, she dissed the job, saying it didn’t seem “productive.”

In fact, she said she doesn’t know what the vice president does.

Larry Kudlow of CNBC’s “Kudlow & Co.” asked her about the possibility of becoming McCain ticket mate.

Palin replied: “[A]s for that V.P. talk all the time, I’ll tell you, I still can’t answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the V.P. does every day? I’m used to being very productive and working real hard in an administration. We want to make sure that that V.P .slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that we’re trying to accomplish up here for the rest of the U.S., before I can even start addressing that question"

There goes the "Obama has no experience" argument. Picking a governor 1.5 years into her first term leading one of our least populated states, to be a heartbeat away from a presidency held by an elderly man with a history of cancer? Looks like a Hail Mary attempt to me....

Latest posts