Palin for VP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update.

Just saw her speech and I'm impressed. She doesn't come across as a rich spoiled lawyer type politician with only their own personal agendas in mind, like 90% politicians are (Rep. and Dem.). As for her experience, maybe we need someone that's a little closer to the people then the usual ones we get.

Just saw her acceptance speech with McCain.

Very well spoken. She refused to have the typical State Patrol detail for security

to save money. The State Patrol Union probably pitched a fit over that.

Not sure but we'll find out throughtout the course of events. (She probably packs a pistol and can defend herself anyhow.)

And yes, I think she is still hot!:lol:

Obama/Biden look out she won't take your crap!

Wow! McCain reversed the strategy! lol I can see the new campaigne ad now...

Change is Here (not there)

Hilliary, I'm sure is fuming and has called Barrack and said...I told ya so! :lol:

Given that she is a new first term govenor and is pretty. It clearly is only to put her in office as a figure. The good ol boyz are not going to actually let her make decisions. (she will find that out real soon) This is just another ploy to say.."'if the dems can do it so can we.'and Since Barrack didn't do it...we will"

So glad McCain didn't pick Napolitano! Can't stand her.

TJR, wow she does resemble Gina Davis!

I have to agree lasik1, blows the inexperience theory right out of the water now! :lol:

As for Obamas camp, they will probably gain more votes as well from Men for Men only in politics groups.

so there both sides are even and really show alot.

In an interview just a month ago, she dissed the job, saying it didn’t seem “productive.”

In fact, she said she doesn’t know what the vice president does.

That doesn't really mean much, because she's just asking questions that most any other American would. Just who can clearly define what are the functions of the office of Vice President? Beyond the Constitutionally defined duties of serving as President of the Senate and casting tie-breaking votes, there's nobody's ever really known what the VP does. It's been a constantly changing/evolving position, depending on who was serving, and the desires of the President.

I have to agree lasik1, blows the inexperience theory right out of the water now!

Not really. She served as a mayor, and now for two years as a Governor, initiating reform in both positions. That's more executive and leadership experience than Obama and Biden put together can boast. What's Obama got to show on his resume? A "community organizer" :blink:, one term in the Illinois Legislature, and 140-some days in the U.S. Senate, a great deal of which have been spent absent on the campaign trail. And when he's actually been in the Senate, he's not gotten any major legislation passed into law. Looking at his voting record, he's not really even voted for any significant legislation, when he's actually been present.

And Biden... six term U.S. Senator--yeah, that's really going for "change", pick a 30-plus year Washington insider for VP running mate. What on Biden's resume qualifies him to be Vice President? I can't find anything, really. Pick the guy that during the primaries said that you were the first black candidate who was "clean, neat, and articulate", and did his best to tear you apart in the primaries. :blink:

Off topic, but can anybody show physical proof where Obama actually taught at the University of Chicago or even registered with the Illinois State Bar?

As far as his Illinois State Bar Association membership, here's what the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois shows for Barack Obama:

Voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law - Last Registered Year: 2008

Full information linked below:

Last edited by a moderator:
The choice is problematic for McCain on a number of fronts.

Palin is the least qualified and experienced running mate in the history of the office, having served a total of 20 months in office, and with no national experience.

I guess the G.O.P.s accusations of Obama being too inexperienced for office are just another hypocritical slander attempt.

Although known as a reformer, Palin is a product of the corrupt Alaskan political landscape, and is even under criminal investigation herself, for abusing the power of her office.

Can she possibly face off against Joe Biden on any issue? NO

Alaska does not bring much of a punch to the electorate either. Only Puerto Rico is less potent.

After trying to make experience the issue of this campaign, John McCain celebrated his 72nd birthday by appointing a former small town mayor and brand new first term Governor as his Vice Presidential nominee. Is this really who the Republican Party wants to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Given Sarah Palin’s lack of experience on every front and on nearly every issue, this Vice Presidential pick doesn’t show judgement: it shows political panic.

Yes Chad you are a schmuck, and remember you wing nuts...they are still republicans. They could find Bin Laden and still not win in November. HAHAHHAA

Roger- this is Barack Obama in the classroom teaching law. Do you think he made that up, and was really washing cars for a living?

[Broken External Image]:

I called her about 5 months ago to a whole bunch of people who all thought I was nuts.

Let's see:

- NRA Life Member (unlike Biden and Obama)

- Hunter (unlike Biden and Obama)

- Govenor (means she's actually run something, unlike Obmamalama)

- Younger (unlike Biden and McCain)

- Has a low testosterone level (unlike Biden, McCain and Obama)

- Doesn't always wear pant suits

- Fought corruption (unlike Biden - see Countrywide, unlike Obama - see Rezco)

- "Hockey Mom"

- Mother of Special Needs child

- Did not grown up rich (and still isn't wealthy from what I can tell)

- Former Union member

- Husband is a Union member

- Husband works on the North Shore

- Son heading off to Iraq

- Pro-Life and set an example

- Religious

- Respected by the military (at least the Alaska National Guard)

- For Traditional Marriage

- Part of the Drill Here, Drill Now crowd

- Strong woman but not a feminist

While I am not enthused with McCain, I am now a supporter. I was hoping that he would do the smart thing. He did.

Did anyone catch that Obamalamadingdog gave a speech yesterday? :p

WOW...I THINK

"SNOW WHITE"

is A HOTTIE!!!

a33332562c1fdc78904ae290da3e4c92.jpg

6f083f92928df17e8a890b4f9d735b6a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Opinions are like a$$holes. Everyone has one!

And my a$$hole, er, ah, opinion is to VOTE for the one that you BELIEVE will do the BEST job. Granted, I am a Republican, but if I believe that a Demogod can do the job better, I'll vote for that person. It's a shame a person can't vote with their brain, not what other people tell them they have to do. Race, creed, sex, sexual orientation should never play a part.

Yes Chad you are a schmuck, and remember you wing nuts...they are still republicans. They could find Bin Laden and still not win in November. HAHAHHAA

oh geez... come on Frankie there is no need for name calling:lol: Hope you don't ever have a problem or question about your ST. As you are probably not making many friends here.

Frank, a novice as VP is not as potentially dangerous as a President that has had almost no political experience. Theoretically, as VP, she would get to observe the President and get a feel for the job should she ever have to step in. Besides, she has actually made progress in her home state in practically levels of state government. What has Obama done besides say "Here" when called to vote or do something while in office?

Alaska does not bring much of a punch to the electorate either. Only Puerto Rico is less potent.

frank, Puerto Rico is a territory, and therefore cannot cast votes in Presidential elections. As far as electoral votes, Wyoming (the home of Dick Cheney) has the least, since they are the least populated state. This fact didn't hold back President Bush.

To others, it will be an interesting campaign. No matter which party is elected, there will be change. I said before, that nothing in the World remains static. Change will occur no matter what. I think if people can look at the tickets objectively they can easily make their choice.

My vote will go for the team that I think will end the divisiveness and partisan politics that has existed the past 12 years. It is an embarrassment to our country to have our leaders acting in this way. We need a moderate leader who can build a coalition. A house divided will fail, and we need a strong, focused government to solve the problems out country faces. We need a team that has new ideas and the knowledge and experience to implement them. Lastly, we need a team that will restore our image in the World. With Russia again threatening to bring us into a new Cold War, it is important that we maintain our current friendships and earn new friendships in the World.

Palin... inexperienced? She has been a govenor as long as Obama has been a Senator. The difference? Senator has MUCH more responcibility than a Senator. She's Commander-in-Cheif of the Alasksan National Guard. She has the power to veto spending (and has) and the power to pardon.

As far as the comment about corrupt Alaskan politics, we have to remember that obama started his political career in CHICAGO of all places, and we know how clean the politics are there.

If she can manage a family with 5 kids, one being a special needs child, as well as a state, (although she probably has help with the first), she's qualified to manage almost anything.

I saw her on Glen Beck one night. More than just a pretty face, she has good values and ideals. And is an impressive speaker. Don't think she will have any Quayle gaffs (at least I hope not)

Nelson,

Partisan politics is never going to change in this country until we get a strong third party, and that ain't happening this year, either. So get used to the bickering, it's not going to stop.

Latest posts