Looking for an Air Rifle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tom,

spain or china, either way you are sending your money out of the country.

imo, you have to buy what is best regardless of where it is made.

There is a difference between Ford Motor Company opening a plant to build a car and Ford paying a company to build a car.

:huh:

I'm still not sure how you're rationalizing this, Tom. If you buy a Ford Fusion, some of your money is going to Mexico, as it's assembled there. So then is it ok to buy a Honda, Toyota, or other vehicle sold by a "foreign" company that "opened a plant to build a car" here in the U.S.?

Bill, I thank you for your concern but i have tested the strength of the gun from the distance that i shoot at them (a buddy thought it would be funny to shoot at me while i ran after some geese). I feels about like an airsoft gun because its a good a distance

Update:

I handed down my 30 year old Crosman 760 air rifle to my 13 year old son this last Christmas as a sentimental gift. We took it out for some shooting just this past weekend.

All I did to prep the gun for use was clean the exterior with some Hoppes 9, and put a few drops of "3 in 1" oil into the "pump cup" and worked it in really good.

It shot pellets and bbs true, and with quite a bit of power, even with only a few pumps.

It seems like the "seals" held up through the years. They don't make them like that anymore.

TJR

They don't make them like that anymore

No doubt. I've worn the pump system out in an airrifle. The pivot failed. You could put one or two pumps on a shot and that was it.

Replaced.

Good thing they are relatively cheap.

Tom/Caymen, I bet she was pretty frightened! I would have been, although I like watching the little critters.

I'd get a 22, you will need it eventually anyway...unless you already have one (haven't read all the posts on this thread,) when you and Theresa plant a garden at your country home, and the ground hogs start to destroy it. Remember, country living has it's benefits, when what seems wrong is right. Gotta protect the crops! :):D

I wonder if someone had been hand feeding the squirrel to the point of it trusting enough to get that close to a human? just a thought...

I'd get a 22, you will need it eventually anyway...unless you already have one (haven't read all the posts on this thread,) when you and Theresa plant a garden at your country home, and the ground hogs start to destroy it. Remember, country living has it's benefits, when what seems wrong is right. Gotta protect the crops!

We have a Marlin Model 60. Of course, my Pellet Rifle is enough to kill a ground hog. I have that covered.

I wonder if someone had been hand feeding the squirrel to the point of it trusting enough to get that close to a human? just a thought...

The squirrel was small and I believe sick. A squirrel should be afraid of a dog. To jump on someones foot just isn't natural for any animal. We showed it no agression until it attacked Theresa.

At that point, all bets were off.

Tom

hmm bet it was rabid! scarey !!! yes it should be afraid of the dog! She was so lucky it did not bite her!

Once a racoon charged across the yard at Ford Guy and his dad, it too should have been afraid and stayed away. Ford Guy SR, said it's Rabid! He did not hesitate at all! BOOM no more rabid racoon.

I gotta Marlin myself, giving to me by the ex's dad on my last trip to AZ.

Haven't shot it yet though, maybe I can this spring/summer just for some fun :)

Good luck with this squirrl hunt and I hope you guys and the doggie don't have to encounter it again!