Looking for an Air Rifle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. The casing that had your trigger assy, loading bolt, and where you connect the scope. It's all plastic now. Not a nice feel to it. It's like holding air. For a grown man, it's very uncomfortable to shoot. It's made for kids. Short shoulder stock and handgrips. It a shame. Definately not quality workmanship like we had growing up.;)

all this over a squirell that ran over her foot?

The squirrel ran over her foot? Glad you were there. I thought she said the squirrel jumped on her foot.

Never mind. Forget about the air riffle. Gary was there. False alarm.

What about getting a 30 year old Crossman 760 on eBay? Did you consider that?

No, actually I didn't. I will look into it right away. (ebay bans the sale of any type of gun, but I will try anyway.)

Tom

tom,

sorry, i didn't know it jumped instead of ran over.

just make sure before you blow away the squirells head, that you have a posistive ID on it

Thats the ticket Caymen, buy a 30 yr old pellet gun, They have a piston and a chamber, they wear out, certain you could rebuild it if need be

Thats the ticket Caymen, buy a 30 yr old pellet gun, They have a piston and a chamber, they wear out, certain you could rebuild it if need be

Good point. I could then try to find replacment parts and end up having more money in the gun that a new high quality one would cost.

Such a great idea.

Tom

Wow, sarcasm abounds. You know what they say about sarcasm.

I forgot that eBay no longer has any type of guns...theirs always Craigslist.

I just thought a used Crossman gun in good working condition from an era when they they were still made well would suffice for an occasional shot at a squirrel and be cheaper and a better deal than spending close to $200 on something that may be likely not to hold its value...but as I said earlier, it's your money Caymen.

TJR

My Crossman pellet gun is 20+ years old. It's never needed any parts. After thousands of rounds, it still works the same way it did out of the package. And, yes, mine has a plastic receiver. :)

Bill Barber,

Only dumb if it didn't work. There's little reason that a 30 year old air gun shouldn't work just fine for years to come, assuming it was well stored.

I'd rather pay $40 for a 25 year old Crossman that I will shot a handful of times, now and then, and which if I take care of will never be worth any less; than spend close to $200 on a new gun that will be used just as much, and be worth about 1/2 what I spent on it the moment I purchase it.

That's the only reason I mentioned used.

Have a great day. You're a real piece of work, Bill Barber.

TJR

TJR

For one that has to ask what a reciever is, Your are without question an expert.

My dad was a gunsmith in Buis for 40 yrs, we did warranty work for Beaman, Benjimen, sheriden and daisy air rifles.

I have rebuilt hundreds of them, if they get alot of use, the Cylinder, which is brass will wear to the point that it will no longer hold pressor.

The piston is rarely a problem, the rings (leather) can sometimes be oiled and rejuvenated, if the cyl in in spec.

Buy a crossman, they are cheap crap, but you are the man, your right, I am wrong.

Bill Barber,

I never claimed to be an expert, but I do know a thing or two about pneumatic seals and springs. Both can last that long if stored well. Typically they wear out due to use, not age. You yourself said "if they get alot of use", so clearly use not age is the more important factor.

As for me being wrong...I can be wrong. I'm okay to be wrong. But either way, right or wrong, I will never call someone dumb or say what they are saying is dumb. It's rude. I will never be saracastic either. I respect myself too much for that. As the old saying goes: "Sarcasm is the recourse of the weak-minded"

Why not simply keep things civil? Why not instead of saying what I said was "dumb", you point out in a constructive manner a better idea, or simply point out some possible issues with what I offered and do so in a none-sarcastic way?

I'll answer why: I suspect it is because for whatever reason you seem to get your rocks off being a pest/bully.

Frankly, I doubt you would say these things to my face or anyone elses face for that matter. If that is true then you are just another internet tough guy.

You might want to get help to figure out what is wrong in your life that makes you need to vent in this way.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
My life is perfect TJR,I get in peoples faces when needed, thats why I am retired and have hit critical mass at the age of 60.

You TJR need to be pesterd, You also need to have a bully put you in your rightfull place.

Chill dude, your a legend in your own mind for sure, But you are far from the end all be all that you percieve yourself to be.

Would like to be friends ( I could truley help educate you)

Have a nice day:)

My Crossman pellet gun is 20+ years old. It's never needed any parts. After thousands of rounds, it still works the same way it did out of the package. And, yes, mine has a plastic receiver.:)

I am sure you have taken very good care of it also. I am sure finding a 20+ year old pellet gun that has been taken care of would be a waste of time. They just are not out there. If they were, they would be like you and have no desire to sell it.

Tom

let's the get the squirell involved in this decision as he is the one this all about :rolleyes:

btw, it's pretty sad that a squirell "jumps" on someones foot and we are looking to get a pellet rifle to finish him off.

Bill Barber said:
I could truley help educate you

I'd be glad to be educated. I'm always willing to learn new things.

Let me return the favor.

The correct spelling and use of words and phrases from your last two posts follow:

...truly, rightful, pressure, that's, people's, pestered, "be-all, end-all", You're, Sheridan, Daisy, a lot, Crossman...

TJR

Crossman...

I could not resist.

I am holding in my hands an air pistol BB Gun I found in my Dad's closet.

The manufacturer?

Crosman.

Not Crossman, but Crosman.

Refer to the website below.

Tom