Dingo - Fitch Results

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, I get 21 mpg now on average, I say average but commuting or all highway I still get 21 mpg. I wonder if it'd be worth it with how little I usually drive.

I'll do some math......

I'd take me 352 days at a ten percent increase to pay it off. That's 352 work days, or nearly 71 weeks.

At 13% I'd get it paid off in 56 weeks. That's not counting weekend trips and if I go on holiday so I guess it'd be less then that. If I drive 12000 a year, which is a tad high for me, I'd save $262 in gas in a year. 10000 I'd just about break even after a year.

In case someone else is wondering how it'll help them, figure an average of 10k a year and then a 13% increase with gas costing $4 a gallon.

Current mileage Savings in 10k

14 328.70

15 306.78

16 287.61

17 270.69

18 255.65

19 242.20

20 230.09

21 219.13

If gas cost more then you save more. It's interesting that the better the mileage you are getting the longer it takes to pay for itself.

Does their warranty cover multiple cars? Like if I sell the trac and put it on something else?

Roger

any time I have ever seen a vendor selling a product, I have never once seen them say anything negative about said product.

Bill,

Gee, ya think. :p But, I do not feel that 4 Wheel Parts would be in business long if they attempted to sell a product that did not live up to the claims. Although they might be exagerating just a little, or the CYA phrase of "depending on your driving habits".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'll be selling it.

Rodger, no tuning necessary. I didn't change my tune.

And I still drove like an a$$hole. My 5 highway tanks were to Louisville and back. The cruise was set over 100 mph most of the time.

That 4 wheel parts link is useless, all they are doing is trying to sell you something. If an independent company posts something that says it works, like a car magazine who isn't trying to sell it, that'd be more useful.

Do any testing on a Gen 1 ST ??????

Todd Z

Todd - It appears Rodger might be willing to do that for the Gen 1's.

If you are not Rodger, I'm sorry I used your name.

I'm ready to try it in my '07 4.0 -- Dingo has a 4.6.

"Hope is Eternal" :):D

Terry

I do have a daily driven 04 here... DUH ...... :wacko::wacko:

Todd Z

Sounds like this is gonna be a pretty hot selling item here on MYST.com

DINGO: Any Installed pics? Where did you put it & How long was install time?

So far the following have expressed interest in a Group Buy:

1. Heweydewey

2. CHRIS

3. TSSS

4. Sal A

5. svt1848

6. Nocturnal STA

ANybody Else?

Latest posts