Dingo - Fitch Results

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has got to be the longest post/thread on a product in the 7 yrs. that I've been on the site.

WRONG!!! (this post being Number 81)

Although...DIngo was involved in the last Lengthy thread that reached 87 Posts!

SEE LINK BELOW

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email to you This last weekend Dingo. You may not have gotten it as my computer had to be reformatted. Todd, I installed mine this last weekend. I am testing it now. The 2001 ST should use the fitch with the 1/2 inch ends. I believe that is the 3424.I got the 3624 and had to tie the fuel line in different._Ron

[Broken External Image]:

Nocturnal STA, No, I am not wrong. Unless someone can prove otherwise. I have been a member here since Sept. of '01, and the only other posts that have been well over 100 have been "Off Topic" posts. I am specifically referring to "On Topic" posts.

Maybe Rich Stern (site founder & former owner) can help shed some light on this.

Do we really have to compare who has the "longest" here? :lol::p:rolleyes:

I think Rodger is right about this.

The majority of really long posts are off topic and I am sure the longest in history has to be the one where Rusty was giving out something if you guessed his birthday.

Tom

Dingo,

Sorry, I did not notice that the Fitch was patented when I looked at several websites about it. Perhaps it was overlooked in the wording. If you have one, can you tell me the patent number? I would like to see what the basis of their patent was.

If you ever read the patent on the Tornado they don't talk as positively about HP and gas mileage improvments, only that it provides a more even distribution of air/fuel mixture.

I was not concerned about you honoring the warranty if member purchase their Fitch unit from you. My concern was if Fitch would really honor their own warranty.

Anyway, I hope it does work and that good old American ingenuity has come through, but I am still skeptical.

...Rich

Not that I don't have any extra cash to blow right now, but has a price been quoted yet on how much these things are going for as in a group buy?

No. I'm still negotiating a price for y'all. They have a MAP program, which basically says I can't put a price online or in print that's lower than their suggested retail. I'm negotiating special permission to lower that number for a one time deal.

Dingo,

I went back and carefully reread the Fitch website and do not see any mention of their fuel catalyst device being patented. If it is patented, the divice should have the patent number stamped on it somewhere?

Also, I looked on their site for their warranty/guarantee and there is no mention of any warranty on the American website, however the Canadian Fitch sited does define their warranty, but in rather ambiguous terms.

The Canadian warranty states that the device is warrantied for 90 to be free of defects. The next paragraph states that the device is warrantied to be free of defects for 250K miles or 5K hours of use. Since it's very unlikely that anyone will put 250K miles or 5K hours on their vehicle within 90 days, which part of the warranty will apply? Also, why is there no mention of the warranty on the USA website? or does that warranty apply to both the USA and Canada?

Also, the warranty does not offer a refund, but they only promise to repair or replaice a defective unit. That would sound like if your unit did not improve mileage, allow you to use lower octane fuel, did not give a HP gain, you would only get your old one repaired or replaced and no guarantee that the replacement works any better??

I realize that you did not write the warranty and may not know exactly how the company inteprets the 250K miles/5K hours vs 90 days on product defects, but since you are dealing directly with them can you get some clearification from them.

...Rich

all good points RL, all that has been presentend have been just factoids.

nothing will come of the fitch system on this site.

It will die a quite death, never to be seen again, if it truley exsisted, chevron and shell would pay a zillion bux for fitch and shut them down.

Or Bill gates would pay 50 billion for Fitch and make a 100 Billion on the buy in 6 mos.

Is all smoke and mirrors at a time when this country will believe most anything.

Bill,

I don't believe in the conspiricy theories that the big oil companys have been stopping the development of gas saving inventions. My point is, they simply have never been proven to work, so they don't need a big conspiricy to shut them down. That;s the same reason that the auto makers don't buy the patents and start adding them to their vehicles at the factory

Also, there is no incentive for the oil companies to stop the developement of things like the Fitch Fuel Catalyst, since it works on gasoline and diesel fuel that they sell, and the small 1-2.5 MPG per vehicle they claim is rather insignificant to the profits they are making Federal CAFE standards are being increased requiring vehicle manufaturer to significantly increase fuel mileage of all vehicles which goes far beyond what the Fitch device does. Future development in alternative fuels to replace gasoline, or diesel is a bigger threat to the oil companies, so mamy are getting involved in the developement of alternate, renewable fuels to insure their future as a major fuel supplier...what ever the fuel of the future is.

...Rich

Will this work on an 04 Expedition with a 5.4 engine?

how easy is this to install if I were to do it?

how much will you charge to install if needed?

since I am local.

How does it affect the factory warranty?

Did it change the performance of your Trac?

How will it affect Emissions testing, better or worse?

Also, hows the scavenger hunt going on all those new vehicles?

how about the OEM Tonneau cover?

and the Navigations discs?

haven't checked the threads of your previous posts lately.

Thanks for doing this testing and passing on the info.

Bud

I for one appreciates your efforts:D

Bud, in order:

Yes.

Very.

Nothing.

Not at all.

No.

None

See other post.

Same as above.

Same as above (If you want the 6P disc, we can work something out.)

Thanks. :)

Dingo

Count me in for a group buy on the Fitch. My ride 01 gen 1 with mods.

Keep up the good work.

John

Dingo,

Really interested. Price yet?

fred....

I'll probably be able to put up a group buy tomorrow. I think I'm getting them to cave on the pricing deal a little.

Latest posts