Dingo - Fitch Results

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, based on initial calcs, I'm averaging a 12% increase in mileage during city driving and a 15% increase in highway. That's still running 93 octane.

12/15% is pretty impressive, have searched all over the net, what I want to know is how the system raises Octane? How it tranforms so called stale gas into just refined gas.

How do it work?

From the Fitch FAQ:

Q. How does the catalyst work?

Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

You can get mold, algie, bacteria etc in deisel fuel, but not gasoline.

If the fitch system reformulates Fuel, would it not have to add or remove something from the fuel?

granted fuel degrades over time, just want to know how this magic bullit works.

It's usable for diesel as well.

And no. That's why it's a catalyst and not an additive. It just changes the shape of the fuel molecules. Bill, read the link. Same technology, just refined.

Is the cost of this "Fitch System" warrant the savings???:unsure:

Sort of like the cost of hybrid car...you will see the savings in an estimated 5-7 years.

Paul H

Based on the cost of the device at about $200,

Spending $150 a month on gas ($1800 per year),

It would only take 1 year to break even...

I am currently getting about 17 MPG combined, and I run about 340 miles per week, 20 gallons per week at $4.00 per gallon for $80.00

Figure in a middle range 13.5 % increase in MPG, brings it to 19.3 MPG, and 340 miles I would use 17.6 gallons, which would cost $70.40. (Saving 2.4 gallons per week)

With a savings of $9.60 per week, it would pay for itself in about 21 weeks. ;)

Dingo, Thanks for taking the time to test this for us. Even if we only save about $10.00 per week as in my case, that adds up to about $500 a year. Well worth a $200.00 investment if the product works well.

Do you know if it will work just as well on 87 octane?

Also, any ides what is the projected longevity of the product?

(IE, replace every 24 months etc..)

Thanks,

Dave

Rodger - Good question

Dingo - I'm in if you can sell them.

Also ---

As Richard L has said many time (not a direct qoute - but a true one) "Did you drive differently by accident wanting better mileage or did you truely drive the way you always have."

Terry

Latest posts