Dingo - Fitch Results

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I work the final numbers with Fitch, I'll post a sign-up sheet. I'm trying to get MUCH better pricing.

Bill, you've always been such the optimist.

How 'bout this: Anyone that's not happy with it sends it back and gets their money back.

Feel better?

Tomorrow, I'll post all the payment info. Like I said, if you're not happy, you get a refund. :)

Does the installation have eveything needed or do you have to figure out fittings. Your pictures of your install looks simple enough.

Pulled up my '04 trac on 4 wheel parts. Doesnt look like they make one for the 4.0L ford motor.

Fitch's site lists model "F3624" for 2002-2008 Sport Trac's with the 4.0 liter. I don't know how well they've test fit them though, because if you look up the regular Explorer, the year and motor combinations don't match very well.

dingo;

one of the links indicated you can run 87 octane instead of the 93 and get the same performance, did you try the 87 in your testing, did you notice any difference??

Also, how would the "drop in the tank" version work???

In theory, you can drop one octane level. Only one though. I didn't test that aspect, but HorsePower TV did. Watch the video in the bottom left of the page in the link.

And the drop in model is for lawnmowers and leaf blowers and stuff.

Dan, they're sized by flow and connectors, not vehicle.

I am not doubting Dingo's thuroghness in testing the Fitch Catalyst device, but I would still like to see a blind test. A test were the driver drives for for about a month or more and records the miles driven and the gasoline used. He never knows when the device is actuall connected or not connected. The device would only be turned on part of the test and drive never knows (obviously the hood would need to be sealed) The device may be connected for the 2nd and 3rd week or the first and last week, or whatever randomized pattern that the driver would not know.

Actually, this would be great to test on several Sport Tracs or other matching vehicles to see if driver/s subconsciencely alter their driving habits when testing such devices

I know many people claim that all kinds of crazy devices like cow magnest improve fuel economy when scientist claim they cannot and their laboratory test show they do not work.

I am of the opinion that if you spend $200 for a device that is supposed to save you fuel you really want to believe that it will, you subconsciencely alter your driving habits enough to show some improvement in fuel economy.

Again, this is not an attack on Dingo, but perhaps these fuel saving devices do nothing more than alter our driving habits and save us fuel that we could have just as easily saved without the device is we just altered our driving habits just a little bit??

I hope the Fitch Catalyst device does work and can save 15% in fuel, since that is a step in the right direction, but I would not buy one without a completely blind, unbiased test that can be verified...Not some silly lab that the inventor of the device paid to test his device.

...Rich

Latest posts