Woman's outfit gets her pulled off plane

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put up with her mother's crap.

Unfortunatly, I do not get to deal with that. her mother died of cancer 3 years ago. What I would not give to get her mother back.

Tom

My wife's mother died when she was 20 years old (36 years ago). I never met her. My last mother-in-law pretty much convinced me that they are a lot of trouble. I'm glad to hear that there are good ones out there. (even my wife's mother-in-law can be a pill at times). No one should have to suffer an early death, though. I'm sorry for your loss.

Nelson,

Do not confuse building vehicles with designing problems. Odds are, the problems you experienced were not caused by the union labor but the non-union engineer that designed it or the non-union accountant that pressed for it to be built cheaper.

Tom

Caymen,

I will agree that unions do have their place. Keep in mind, that either non-union or union they are still human and do make errors in both judgment and or physical labor.

They issues Nelson had could have been just as easily a union person or a non-union as you mentioned.

My point is, WAY back, to be part of the union it did require very specific training and in fact most union workers were better silked than non-union workers simply due to training and education.

However, todays unions are very different than those of the past. I know some that you can join simply by paying a dues. That said, anyone that pays a dues and is not skilled as those were in the past are no better skilled than anyone one else, thus, they can, and do make mistakes.

I have mixed feelings about unions in that I see them good as they do protect the worker, on the same token, I have seen them destroy a 50 Million dollar business to the point of closing it's doors....

We are not talking about the UFCW here. This is the UAW. A big difference between the two.

I do agree, there are some unions that I really do not think they need to exist. I am sure there was a very good reason for them in the first place. Not my place to put them down, nor do I imply it.

A failing Cruise Control sensor has nothing to do with the guy building it. A seat bolt recall has nothing to do with the guy that built it. It falls directly on the engineers that designed it.

I have no problem with a good engineer. Unfortunatly, most engineers I have worked with ask me for advise.

Tom

Unfortunatly, most engineers I have worked with ask me for advise.

I was going to say the same as Gavin. Doesn't this make him a good engineer. Out on the floor seeing how things can be bettered? You are always knocking CEO's making millions doing nothing but sitting in their office, yet when someone comes down to talk with you that isn't good either.

Does that bother you when an engineer asks you for advice?

When a doctor asks you a question, it questions your faith in that doctor. It is one thing to ask me a question about my job and what I do. It is another to ask me an engineering question on deciding the status of a job.

Ask me about my job all day long. Awesome. Ask me if that 3/4" deep crack is going to last until shutdown. I don't know. I do not study metalurgy. If you ask me how deep it is, I can tell you that. Ask me a question and when I can not answer that and say he doesn;t know either questions my faith in that engineer.

What is wrong with my thinking on that?

Tom

What is wrong with my thinking on that?

Not everyone knows everything about their job or the job their doing....

A person asking questions is a good thing in my book. I don't care if he is a Superior or engineer or a bum on the street corner.

I work with other engineers every day.... We build 70+ million dollar projects with special processing, piping, systems, etc.

Even my bosses do not expect me to know every little nut and bolt of the entire operation...

In some jobs you just physically cant..

Todd Z

(changing the subject BACK to non USELESS, I mean Union talk) If this were on my plane, and another customer or flight att. complained about the dress of a passenger, hot or not, I would give the complainer the opportunity to leave the plane. As long as the passenger isn't offending or distrupting on purpose, then they can fly with me. I had a flight att. removed from the plane because months after 9-11-01, we had a passenger onboard in the arabian garb, and she was causing a scene because she didn't want them on the plane SOLEY because of wht he had on. She was un easy so I called the company and had her swapped out.

The airline is ridiculous on this one, the captain should have shut the whole thing down, by taking care of this, no reason it should be on the news.......we need the news to find out about Britanty, lindsey, and anything about anna nicole.

Caymen said:
Might I remind you that you are stiring the pot in another thread.

You mean that other thread where the topic started out about Toyota and unions.

So staying on-topic and discussing the merits of unions in that thread is somehow comparable to taking this topic and somehow unionizing it (I don't even have the energy to figure out where it strayed)?

TJR

No she should not have been pulled off the plane. From the interview "she gave" her law suit is about being embarrassed because people were starring at her because of the public display when the airline attendant ask her to go to a nearby shop that was close to the boarding gate, to buy something to cover herself up with.

A passenger complained. What I think, is if "you" don't like it...close your eyes. You don't have to look at someone if what they are wearing offends ya.

People just do not think anymore....er..I should say... People think too much. If there was anything wrong, it was the passenger for having not so nice thoughts and apparently offended due to the naughty thoughts he or she was having! hmmm did anyone think of that one? :unsure:

Exactly, the title of this thread is wrong. She was asked to leave, but the young lady asked if she could cover herself and be kept on the flight. She was allowed to continue her flight.