Update on Supercharged Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, I think I'm gonna miss the trac...even though it's been nothing but a pain in my arse for the past month. That truck has been through a lot with me. Hopefully it finds a home with an old woman who only drives it on sundays to church (and only on sunny days). It deserves a good rest after three years with ME.

:wub:

Nice....I'm a huge GTO fan, classic and modern. I'm sure you'll be happy with the new car. I know you're going with the 6-speed. In that case, the first mod you'll want to do it is the CAGS eliminator, gets rid of the annoying skip shift from first at lower RPMs. Since the only options for the GTO are 18" wheels and hood scoop delete...what colors are you gettin? My choice would be orange, or the new Spice Red.

lol, I'll give you three guesses what color I chose...

Yep, 6-speed. The CAGS doesn't kick in unless you try to shift at under 2500 rpm, so you'd have to be driving like a granny to be forced to go to 4th gear. I plan on getting the shift kit to eliminate it anyway though, it's $30.

DING DING DING DING!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!

;)

Bright, beautiful YELLOW! This makes my 4th yellow vehicle. Yellow IS the safest color of vehicle to drive ya know (according to the NTSB).

Somethin you might wanna check out, baron, more info then you'd probably want to know about the <a href="http://www.zjstech.net/~library/368/GTO/05_MASTER.htm#top" target="top">'05 GTO</a>. It's basically an ordering guide for the GTO. I'm making a similar one for the ST, but there are about 8 different version STs when you break down each of the individual jobs within the year, and with all the options...jeeze, it's a nitemare.

Cool, thanks!

I can imagine that making that will be a serious pain for the trac. There really were a lot more things to choose from when I bought my trac than there are with the GTO. Basically, automatic or manual, leather or cloth and 17 or 18" wheels.

The Driver Information Center (DIC) is pretty cool on the GTO. I wish they woulda put something like that on the trac. In fact, EVERY new vehicle should have a DIC (ok, that sounds a lot worse than it really is).

I'm off to go pick up the GTO. I'll be back later. :)

You can program (or have others program) the DIC to do all kinds of fun stuff. Don't like the Pontiac badge at start-up? Replace with the Holden logo. You can have speed alarms, various gauges, all kinds of other fun stuff through the DIC. Now only to replace those ugly green LEDs with some nice white ones....

So, does anyone know the record number of posts in a thread on this site?? I think this one is going for a record!!:D

haha, I'm fairly sure if I had kept my trac, I could have dethroned a couple of the top people. ;)

The trac is no longer mine. A little sad, a LOT excited and a bit scared to turn off traction control again...this GTO has THAT MUCH horsepower! I turned it off earlier on dry pavement and mashed the petal, the tires lit up and I hit the rev limiter in first, didn't move much in second either, but there was a LOT more smoke, hit third...finally started to move a little more, up into 4th it really started to move, then before I knew it I was at 120mph. Now I see why the GTOs have the traction control button. I am 100% certain that a normal human being could NOT grab a $50 from the dash when I'm taking off in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th. It's got CRAZY power. This is going to be LOTS of fun when we get our first snow here in Missouri and I'm kicking myself in the arse for getting rid of the trac...but for the 350 days per year when we DON'T have snow on the ground, this thing is gonna be a ton of fun!!

The SRT-8 may be close, but the "regular" charger and the Daytona R/T charger aren't. I'm not certain that the SRT-8 is faster though. The GTO is 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and high 12s in the quarter mile.

Yeah...GTOs are lots of fun. Everyone who says that the new GTO doesn't deserve the name GTO are the same people who have never driven one. I've not met one person who has driven it and not come away with a big smile.

I almost bought a GTO about this time last year, so I got to spent a good amount of time with one, so from personal experience, for goodness sake, don't mash the loud pedal too much in the middle of a turn with T/C turned off. Shoot, even with it on there is enough leeway built in to get the rear end far enough out to scare passengers. A steady right foot and quick hands make the GTO a darn nice drifter though, lol. One of the best lines I heard about the GTO, said as some guy just got done driving one (and never going above 60 mph, tight closed course) "That scared the Sh** outta me!".

There are a few new-age GTO sites out there that you could check out, <a href="http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/" target="top">LS1 GTO</a> and <a href="http://www.gtoforum.com/" target="top">GTO Forum</a> just to name a few that seem to be the better ones.

Yeah, anybody who's driven the car would know that it absolutely deserves the title. That is the single most fun I have EVER had in the FRONT seat of a car. It took every ounce of will power that I had to come back home and attempt to get some work done. I drove around for three hours and left a 150 foot or so set of black marks in front of my brother's house. It's probably even BETTER than the nameplate "GTO"...they should have just called it "F U N" ;)

I already set up an account at GTO Forum, the guys over there are a lot like the guys here...nice and ready to help.

OH. The finance manager there at the pontiac dealer drives a sport trac. When I walked in to the finance office he said "so you're the one with the supercharged sport trac eh? I've been hearing rumors around here about that thing.". I just gave him my typical evil grin and said "yup". Then he asked if he should drive it and I said "no, not unless you want to buy it". He'll most likely be the new owner of the supercharged trac. I did forget to give him the link to this site, but I will be sure to do so on Monday when I go back to get my stereo equipment from the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the GTO Fourm guys seem to be real good. I've been a member over there almost as long as it's been a site. I don't post much, but I usually follow along to stay in the loop. The LS1GTO site has some great resources and stuff, don't have an account there, but from what I've read, still decent people, just more of them, which usually means more spoiled apples.

If I had gotten my GTO, it woulda been the 350HP one, not the 400HP one. I've only driven the newer one a few times, and it was a brusier, I loved it.

Latest posts