Update on Supercharged Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those were just the first that came to mind. I'm sure I could fill several paragraphs with various cars/trucks I'd like to see reincarnated with modern internals. There are so many good cars out there that I think would be mighty cool with all the modern technological achievements/breakthroughs that we've made since those cars came out originally. If I ever win the lottery, you can bet that every one of the cars I listed above, plus dozens more, will be in my super-duper garage! I just hope I win enough to cover everything I want (which is HIGHLY unlikely since I like pretty expensive toys). hehe

It would be very difficult to choose ONE car though.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to have a <a href="http://pantherpink.com/" target="top">Panther Pink '70 'Cuda</a>. Not sure if the HEMI came in PP, but the AAR version did. You'd be sure to turn some heads, good and bad, with a car like that.

You would certainly turn some heads alright...

Probably mostly women waiting for their Mary Kay Cosmetics distributor to show up. ;)

I'm waiting for the Pinto to be reincarnated. I had a couple of them in high school and they were a blast, especially the '74 with the 2.3 and the 4-speed manual. Good cheap fun that was relatively indestructible (until they rust away).

Nothing like grabbing the parking brake and doing a 180 at 60 MPH!

I think you may be the only person in the entire world who would like to see the Pinto come back into existence. hehe

My Mom had a bad-ass '78 Chevette 4-door. It would like up the right rear 13" tire for about 3 seconds when you dumped the clutch in first gear.

The real muscle car of the family was Dad's '78 Fairmont with the 302. Now that one would light up the DR78R14 right rear tire forever when powerbraked in the drive-through down at Hardees (don't ask me how I know this).

lol

It's always fun to leave a smokescreen between you and the next car back when you're sitting at the drive-thru. It's especially fun when they have to roll down their windows to order and that smoke literally fills the inside of their car. (don't ask me how I know this either)

OMG, if you guys haven't seen this, it's worth a watch. It requires winblowz media player to see it.

These two yahoos see a mustang cobra on a lot and go in for a test drive. They run the hell out of this car, including burning about $1000 worth of tires off the vehicle...all the while, the salesman is sitting there saying "slow down", "whoa, that's enough" and other chunks of wisdom as these guys were making a total a$$ out of him. The ending is rather funny too (unless you're that salesman). ;)

I don't think we're gonna hit 200 messages with this thread. I'll have to think of something more interesting to talk about, since there really are no more updates about the supercharged trac at the moment. I do, however, go see the trac on Monday to get my stereo equipment out of it. I wonder if the guy from the dealership will have blown it up yet???

Challenger huh?? If it looks like this and performs like it looks then I may just be buying a new Dodge in a couple years. :wub:

[Broken External Image]:

grump

Grump,

That looks like a Challenger. That is worthy of that iconic name. The Charger, GTO, Impala, and Malibu all do not deserve the name.

Tom

My brother has a WS6 Trans Am. My GTO blew the doors off of it and he's got a ton of bolt-on mods!

That Challenger is AWESOME!! If they put a big, powerful V8 in that sucker, that may be one of the better muscle cars produced in the past 35 years. The styling is sweeeeeet.

By the way, I have an xcal2 for sale, since it won't work with my GTO. I figured I'd offer it to the people who read this particular thread before it goes on sale to the unwashed masses. ;)

If you're interested in it, drop me an email using the address in my profile and make me an offer. It's practically brand new. You'd have to get Wayne or Doug to write you a program for it though, since it's currently got 3 supercharged trac tunes in there and a non-supercharged trac with a supercharged tune would really suck...if it ran at all. I was hoping that it would work w/the GTO, but it doesn't. So it looks like I'll probably be getting a diablo predator or something (I really don't know what's best yet).

Have a nice week everyone.

-Scott

Q,

Glad you could put your two cents in.:rolleyes:

Looks like I found something to irritate you with. Thanks for the info.:)

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to stand by the fact that you should DRIVE the GTO before you say it doesn't deserve the title. The whole premise behind the original GTO was to get rid of a lot of the weight and bloat that the cars of the day had, and stuff a HUGE engine under the hood to get the best performance possible. Not much has changed. It's still relatively light and it has a massive engine (compared to your "average" car anyway) which makes it a rocket on wheels. This car may not be a huge chunk of steel/iron rolling down the road, with lots of creaks/squeaks/rattles, but it's true to its original heritage in the fact that it blows away the vast majority of cars on the road when the gas pedal is on the floor. This thing is DANGEROUSLY fast...just the way I like it and just the way it was the day the first GTO rolled off the line. ;)

Yeah, that Challenger looks bad to the bone. I just hope they do the look of it justice by stuffing a MASSIVE engine under that hood. Maybe a modern BIG BLOCK or a supercharged hemi small block! ;)

Latest posts