Thanks Obama

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you people getting $18k? The headline and the webpage banner both say $13k. Yes, I realize that the story text itself says 13,000--but two out of three say $13k, so I'm leaning toward that...

Yes, but the link says UK13k only once, while it says 13k DOLLARS twice. I'd be more inclined to think the occurrence which appears only once is the typo, and not the one which appears twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
BillV,

Yes, in the title and the caption to the photo "$13k" is stated.

In the text of the story it says "13,000" (13,000 pounds).

I suspect the use of pounds there was a mistake. But who really knows for sure?

TJR

I'm no Obama fan but the Network News said that private individuals were paying for part or all of it. Heck, the Congessional junkets that happen all the time are a worse waste of money than this! Everything in the Government is hyper inflated, that's why we're sinking in national debt. I've been saying this for years and through all administrations.....both sides are abusing the system IMO!

Of course, when a politician runs on CHANGE, we expect CHANGE but we will most likely get a different twist on the "same ole same ole". I have a feeling the CHANGE we'll get is not quite the CHANGE some are expecting.

Barack will be my President for at least the next four years and I'll pray for him and us every day! He has a big job and I think by the end of this month, he'll wonder what he was thinking! I've always said, "be careful of what you ask for....you might just get it!"

'07 ST:)

Like :07 ST" stated is what I heard...The Government was not picking up the tab for Obama's hotel stay.

However, It is normal for the President Elect to move into the Blair House prior to the Inauguration and the government picks up the costs for that. If President Bush is using the Blair House as a guest house for his friends, he probably has the right to do that, and the governement should offer to pay at least some portion of Obama's stay at the

Hay-Adams hotel

Considering the financial crisis that the US is currently experience, I think Obama is smart to get everything lined up for a smooth transition once he is sworn in as President. He has a lot of things that need to happen very quickly and to not have people in place to hit the ground running would cost to much time.

...Rich

Brandon,

I tried to email you at the email address you registered with but Yahoo says it does not exist.

First and FINAL Warning....

I don't need to be bombarded with email on my vacation about people calling others names on the website....

Please find a way to express your opinions in a manner that does not include name calling and verbal attacks.

This is your first and Final warning.

Todd Z

Tiger,

Just exactly what are you saying ???

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I would like to know that as well.

Tiger...what ARE you saying?

And thank you Todd for chiming in.

Sorry you had to do it on your vacation though.

the main point is Obama is 2 weeks early, period. bottom line is we are not only footing half the bill for him and the family but everyone else that comes along with the package, secret service agents, mother in law possibly? as she watches the kids and everyone in between this is why it runs 13k or higher depending on room service, turn down, dry cleaning, laundry

and every other service.

personally i think they should have stayed at home in chicago and hired a private tutor for 2 weeks if they didnt want the kids to continue where they were attending school.

im sure it would be a lot cheaper for the us taxpayers in the long run and would make him look like the change candidate he ran as and he could easliy get his ducks in a row there as he can in washington dc.

Latest posts