Thanks Obama

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just Remember "Change is Coming"

Has anyone gotten a good definition of what that "change" is gonna be? So far it looks like its gonna cost me more

Just wait and see, next up: 50% fed increase in gasolene tax due to lost revenues because we all conserved.

just wait when capital gains taxes go from 15% to 50%

Just the tip of the new regimes iceburg.

18K per day?:wacko:

The change that is coming:

An Obama aid and professor was on C-SPAN the other night lecturing to a group of political science students; the topic, "influencing public perception to support new public policy".

The "trial balloon" he was proposing was $4/gallon gasoline...meaning it would be $4 per gallon as a fixed price, with the price set by the federal govt. So, in times like this with crude trading low and gas averaging $1.50/gal, our federal govt would pocket $2.50 per gallon. Then, in a year or two (or sooner) if it goes back to over $4, the govt would subsidize for a while, then increase the fixed cost if and when needed. It's not unlike the govt setting the prime lending rate.

The basis of the concept is that people have shown they can and will change their consumption when gas is over $4/gal, and that, for the most part, most can afford that price point. So, why not let the govt fix the price at that amount, causing people to consume less; thereby cutting our dependance on foreign oil; encouraging alternative fuel research and development; and all the while, putting more money back into our govt coffers to help deal with our huge deficit.

I'm not necessarily saying I like the idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if we see something like this done.

Grab socks...

TJR

Nice to see Obama supports Public schools by having his daughters go to the exclusive private school. I wonder why no outcry from the teachers union?:eek:

<B>CHANGE</B> is bringing back all those Washington insiders from Clinton administration as members of Obama's Cabinet and other staff. It's also what you may be lucky to have left of a $5.00 bill when buying a gallon of gas, after the Obama administration takes over.

I just saw a report on TV last night about the intention of some members of Congress (guess which party) to sharply raise gasoline taxes. I'll bet you know why -- because we did <I>exactly what they wanted us to do</I> last year and decreased our gasoline consumption. Oopsie! Now the government isn't making enough money from gasoline sales, so they want to raise taxes. (Ever wonder why they won't just outlaw tobacco?)

The Clintons also sent their daughter to a private school while giving lip service to supporting public education. Now Obama is doing it: change you can believe in! :blink:

ok and what did u guys expect Mccain to do thats my question......All you sorry losers are expecting to fawkin blink and everything is gonna be good because obama kept saying change change, they say its gonna take more then one term to change some things around anyways so even if Mccain won he wouldnt be doing shit so shutup already

I'd much rather have my tax dollars used to house the future President and his family than enable the biggest presidential spender in decades to use it to "entertain" friends. Pretty screwed up IMO :wacko:

Not 18K because the bill will be split with his transitional commitee.

Even Obama's friend Oprah who made 275 mil. this past year could pick up the tab and it wouldn't make a dent in her wallet.

Seriously, we pride ourselves the most powerful country in the world and we make a stink about this? Really making a story about nothing IMO.

Don't you just hate renters .Give them an eviction notice and they don't leave on time. Or you are to move onto your new home and the old tenants throw a party and have their friends stay for awhile that day ................

I think somebody missed a great PR opportunity to put him up until he is sworn into office, but I agree with HawaiianST that this story is much about nothing.

Happy New Year.

Brandon,

I don't appreciate being called a loser or being told to shut up.

If one can't express their opinion intelligently, without name calling and vulgarity, they should keep their fingers off the keyboard.

Interesting. That link is from Yahoo-UK/Ireland. I just read similar stories on "US News and World Report" website, , Washingtonpost.com dont mention rates. Newsday.com does, but says "

(The cost is said to be covered from private transition funds.)", while the yahoo link says it will be split between taxpayers and private transition team funds.

It's a 2 week stay, and while an exhorbitant rate, I think on the scale of national gov't, it doesn't warrant much excitement. Don't debate me on this, I'm not a "for" or "against" Obama.

Latest posts