New Member Rant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough with the colorful name calling. What started out as a somewhat amusing post has been marred with all of the bad language.

He had a point and executed it poorly. I am all for calling out someone, but this is beginning to get a bit ridiculous with the name calling and language.

The name calling and bad language will turn more people off and drive them away more than any grammar or spelling issue will...eer, well maybe the politics and the associated commentary might drive more people off. Regardless, let's all try to clean things up.

You are free to express you opinions. You just need to chill out a bit. I think most would consider this a somewhat "family friendly" environment. As such, you should pay some attention to the website terms of use when chosing your words:

"This is an enthusiast site and is intended to promote enjoyment of the Sport Trac. We ask that everyone observe the following guidelines when participating in discussions on this web site. Please treat all contributors with respect; Abusive language will not be tolerated, nor will threats, bashing of others, or the web site. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in you being suspended or banned from the site."

and the details from the homepage which pretty much summarize the terms of use:

"Since this is an enthusiast site and is intended to promote enjoyment of the Sport Trac, we ask that everyone observe the following guidelines when participating in discussions on this web site:

*Please treat all contributors with respect.

*Abusive language will not be tolerated.

*We are all best served by an honest exchange of information and ideas. Consider your input in this light before posting."

I am one of the worst when it comes to my foul mouthed language. I have a young son and it is a struggle to not use bad language around him sometimes. Do you use your foul language around your daughters? No, you save it for the firehouse. I try to save the language for the bar, playing sports, or for when I am hanging out with the guys. I cannot preach to the choir, but I can ask for a little civility on this website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts