New Member Rant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc Douglass

Reaction score
I just joined the site and after going through the first 50 posts on my page, I am wondering if I should even bother with the site.

I have not seen so much pettiness and political snipping since I was last on the Daily Kos website. You people need to relax.

Has anyone heard of a spell checker or a simple proof-read before you submit a post? I have never seen so many misspellings and grammatical errors since I managed an hourly call center some years ago.

It is trickle, not “tricle” Roger. Don, it is possible modification, not “possable moidification.” Those are just errors from the topic titles. I won’t even get into the replies to topics.

Take some time to re-read your post(s) before you submit them. A lot of the errors you have in your posts take away from your points, making you look like an idiot in most cases.

A lot of the errors you have in your posts take away from your points, making you look like an idiot in most cases.

Only to those who don't know how to look past their personal pet peeves. If you can't see the point of a post because you're fixating on the spelling, maybe it's time to look in the mirror to find the problem. :angry:

BTW, welcome to myst.com. :D

Marc,

This Great web site is and was designed specifically for sport tracs. Yes there are off topic posts and posts that can offend or cause people to argue...

We need off topic posts to allow people to share their thoughts and feelings... People own a different array of cars or trucks, They are allowed to share that. We have nice deeds, ( adopting animals) and other things that people can share...

Talking politics and other "dangerous" topics always causes problems and heated discussions... Part of life !!!!

Your telling me that where you live no one ever argues, family does not argue ??

People make spelling mistakes and and grammatical errors all the time in daily life. People are people. Not everyone is an English major, computer expert or perfect.

THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SITE SO GREAT !!!

Sorry you feel this way and we would hate to loose a member, But I have said it before and I will say it again, DON'T read/reply to the posts you don't like, IT is that simple..

Todd Z

Notice: The MySportTrac.com staff hopes you enjoy your participation in this club, however we do understand that stress levels can be high due to job, family, personal issues and of course political discussions on the internet. For those of you that begin to have feelings of anxiety, heart pain, or anger reading the staffs stance on any threads, please direct your complaints to the nearest brick wall in which we ask you bash your head into till complete unconsciousness is achieved.

Thank you.

Marc,

Welcome to the site.

There is a really neat way to "cleanse" what you see. Go into your profile, or at the top of this page, click on "preferences", and where it asks you what topics not to display, click on the ones you don't want to see, such as political and off-topic... works for me...

There is a lot of good stuff on this site, as well as good people...

Last edited by a moderator:
Whalecum two thie syte!

No really, welcome. You can find ANYTHING you need to know about the Sport Trac here.. Sure, you'll see the occasional rant from time to time.. but it's a small price to pay for the knowledge available here. And you open and read the threads by choice, so pick wisely..haha

If you don't want to read a political or off topic thread you can choose to block those under your profile settings.

Todd Z,

Well said...BRAVO! That's why you are the Master!

did i spell everything right?:lol:

Welcome to the site Marc:D

This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Marc - If you are talking just about the political posts, I believe you can filter those out of your view.

I think the "pettiness" will trend its way downward soon enough. You joined just after the election!! This site is really great for Trac information, as you will experience.

I agree about the spell checking and proof reading. Look at it as "more gooder intertanemint" -- oops! Some will go off on a tangent, but grammar and syntax just blows them right out of the water! I wonder if there is a possibility of getting a spell check button on here?

I see you have a gen2 Trac like me. I'm looking forward to your input on mods, improvements, etc. Stick with us, Marc. I'm sure you'll get a lot out of this site.

I am Lyonpride, and I approve of this post . . .

Much like radio and tv, if you don't like what you see or hear, for any reason, skip the post/thread (change the channel).

Welcome to the site.

Its been pretty insane around here lately. You should have seen it leading up to the election!! I'm surprised there wasn't an epidemic of people being booted for some of the things they said.

As for the poor grammer etc.. Thats the pitfall of the internet my friend. Anybody and everybody can publish just about anything they want. Spelling & Grammer went out the window years ago.

Just a thought, but maybe we could use a glossary of terms used by people on the site. I know it took me a while to figure out what IMHO (in my honest opinion) meant..?

Marc, I won the spelling bees in 4th, 5th, and sixth grades. I learned to let go of my frustrations long ago after realizing that being in first place usually meant that others weren't as proficient.

Now then, you've arrived at a VERY worthwhile site. let's see how much you contribute to it instead of just taking away from it. Pay it forward so to speak.

What the heck, all I see on this site lately is people whining and complaining about misspelled words and political threads. Gosh, Why do you guys make me read this crap, its not like I have a choice in whether or not I read it. I can't take it anymore, I think I'll post a rant to complain about other peoples rants, that will get my point across. For sure

Another one of my pet peaves (sorry marc, my sincerest apologies but i do not know for the life of me how to spell that word) is when people change the subject of a thread to an unrelated topic (thread stealing). Especially when the topic they change it to is being discussed in another thread just down the page. So,

Shaun T. hows your back feeling man, I heard you got into an accident?

ROFLMAO @ topic change

Its alright, getting a little more tight as the day goes on. Being stuck in this chair doesn't help anything..

Thanks for asking bro.

Latest posts