Kalama group poll

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah jeeze, one nice post deserves another.

:)

You're a-okay in my book, too. The irony is that after something like this, my name will probably go down in notariety like that of ole Billy Barber. But the fun thing - he and I are regularly in contact with each other. Maybe it's the beer we drink.

shek, your latest message was messing up the display, so I removed it. Please feel free to repost your comment.

A couple of years ago, when Kalama joined and became an active member of the site, she wrote and asked me what the ground rules were for posting her "art" on the site. I explained my policies. At the time, the member library was hosted in a data center with heavy restrictions on adult content, so, in addition to the obvious concerns about a "family friendly web site," I also needed to be very careful about the hosting situation.

I can't tell you how many times I've explained the rules to a member or guest, and gotten attitude back, as if I don't have a right to make rules in my place of business.

Not so with Kalama.

She accepted my explanation and each of my subsequent decisions regarding her photos with polite grace. She followed my requests without fail, and before any image of questionable content came up, she would email me for approval first. If I told her a photo was too racey for the site, she respected my wishes without the slightest objection.

We have a long established history on this site of allowing off-topic conversation. Nothing Kalama has done has violated the guidelines. As far as I am concerned, she's a model member.

If you don't like her photos, her web site, her desire to be in the photos, etc., I suggest you avoid the topic altogether. She's an adult. Her fans are adults. Whatever the consequences of their choice, it rests entirely with them. If members care to have an intellectual debate on the merits of the photos, the psychology behind them, objectification, etc., that's fine, too. Do so with respect for one another and remain within the guidelines, and all will be well.

Very informative Rich. I know she has always been a very polite member. I never knew she went through so much trouble to actually post a picture with your approval. That says alot about her as a person, and likewise you, yourself.

That is what makes this website so great. Take for example RV.net. I fricking hate that website. Whenever you say something that goes against what the moderator says about something, he/she will delete your post. Even if it is something like "The car is red" but the moderator says it is blue, nope!!! sorry, the car is blue even though it is actually red. You posta gets deleted and if you do it too many times, you are kicked out.

Tom

LOL:

She accepted my explanation and each of my subsequent decisions regarding her photos with polite grace.

Kalama: How about this one?

Rich: Hmm. Nope, that's too revealing. (slips it into his pocket)

Kalama: Can I have the photo?

Rich: What photo?

:p

Sorry rich, not sure what happened...

Kalama is secure in herself, she hasn't posted anything on this site that would be questionable that I have seen. There has been more cursing or insults made against one group or another that what she has posted on THIS SITE looks G rated. All she posted was an invite to her site.

Here's the kicker -

You had to e-mail her for permission to go to her site! Then you had to answer if you were 18 or not. It's not like she posted pictues under the "Look at my clear corners" set of posts. You can turn off Off-Topic posts. I suggest that you do it if all you wan to talk about is ST's.

I look at this site as a family. Many things in common, a few things we disagree about, but a place open for most topics of discussion as long as they are kept humble, polite, and family rated. I am the first to admit there have been times where what I have posted have been on the edge of getting an "R" rating, but not Kalama.

I am happily married. I have a daughter (that I would not necessarily approve of her doing this type of thing under my roof). Kalama is a responcible adult who can decide what she wants to do. She also seems to know that she has to deal with the consequences. Next time you feel the need to criticize someone else's actions, why don't you make sure that you are not being hypocritical. You can disagree with her about things, but what she did was not illegal, not against site policies and not against her conscience. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't give you the right to criticize her.

Not for nothing R Shek, but you say "...it doesn't give you the right to criticize her."

I ask, then, what DOES give somone the right to criticize someone else? Seriously?

Now, I am going onto a soapbox and this rant is directed towards no one specifically and everyone in general...

[SOAPBOX]

I fear that this country has become so politically correct that when people attempt to exercise their right to free speech someone else invariably comes in and says "hey...you can't say that!"

Case in point, Bill Cosby talking about urban African Americans, or guys like me that support the Iraq effort being shot down by anti-war folks that spout rhetoric like "If you support this war than sign up, lest you are a hypocrit!".

We have become a society that seeks reasons and rationale in order to dismiss the opinions of others, and we are oh so quick to do it. And, in our haste, we don't actually LISTEN to what others are saying, but instead are calculating ways to jab back at them and to invalidate their opinion in order to replace it with your own.

Aren't others entitled to their own opinions? Can't we learn something and become enlightened by understanding other peoples opinions? Can't we put ourselves in the shoes of the other person and see things from their perspective? Have we as a people forgotten how to do these things?

Well, that's what I see in this country today. It all gets back to RESPECT, or lackthereof, and like it or not, this board reflects our society.

[/SOAPBOX]

TJR

TJR,

Free speech is a two edged sword. I can call you a jerk and the molest pigs in an outhouse. I have a right to say that ad it is covered under Free Speech.

You can sue me saying that I said something that the general public might interpret as being the truth and it ruined your good name.

Grace Slick from Jefferson Starship was arrested in Akron years ago because she called a Police Officer a "PIG".

Wasn't that free speech?

Tom

Agreed, Caymen. Since we have free speech we shouldn't get all excited when people use it...that's was my point. We seem to be quick to shut down the opinions of others if we find them the least offensive, contrary to our own, or in this case, potentially hurtful to another. It tends towards censorship.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen said:

<I>"I can call you a jerk and the molest pigs in an outhouse."</I>

You <I>can?</I> I don't think I could do that. :D

Boy the ego's and testosterone.......

I just want to have a beer and go to Kalama's site for awhile....

Kalama, please open it up so they can have something else to do besides fight ;)