Buyer Beware update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Q,

I feel you should understand some basics about communication, if there are none then all breaks Down.

One of my last posts stated, postal employee said claim would be denied due to condition of packaging I did not question him about this, assumed he understood his job better than me.

And your assumption of some postal" bone head" is now making you and me look like an ***(I assume he is a dedicated worker)

And why wouldn’t I contact the seller if things were not right? Read 'CUSTOMER'

How will I get the full refund from the shipper, again an assumption?

Rodger (& Georgia) I’m going for a group hug cause I need it now!!

Shawn:wacko:

Hug,

The seller may be liable if improperly packaged,Your right I paid for shipping and yes sometimes the seller does include insurance.I guess my next course of action upon your advise will to file a claim,I didnt have previous experience with seller so I didnt know how well he would and should pack things.

Thanks for the link!

Shawn

One last thing,maybe?

I went to Summit racing and punched in the no. AVS for Auto ventshade #93429 and it said it was for a Ford,Ranger.I then punched in for a Trac and the part no. was #AVS93026.

The part I received was part no.AVS93429

Shawn:eek:

Did a search on the net and came up with this for the part number you listed, AVS93429

Rear Window Sun Deflector Sunflector Ford Ranger Mazda Truck by ...... Rear Window Sun Deflector Sunflector Ford Ranger Mazda Truck by AVS Auto Ventshade 93429 VENT-93429 Dealer: $71.17 Shipped Price*: Important Notice! ...

www.brandsport.com/vent-93429.html - 11k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

And at the link,

Ford Ranger

Fits the following Ford Ranger models:

Please note: fits Ranger Extra Cab models only

Ranger Model years: 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Mazda Truck

Fits the following Mazda Truck models:

Please note: fits Extra Cab models only

Truck Model years: 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
So Coastiejoe the part I received #AVS93429 was not for a Sport Trac???

Q,

Can you now see why it is not me that ows an apology!

Shawn

I think this is going no where...

Who has the beating dead horse pic????

Todd Z

All I'm going to say, remaining neutral mind you, is that this is one reason that a lot of people/businesses don't ship overseas. Too many hands in the pot..where as sending domestically, a package would leave your hands, be transported by the shipper, and recieved by the customer, end of transaction.

It's unfortunate that things like this happen on occasion because all we are left with is a bunch of people pointing fingers and placing blame. Let it die.

I guess I don't understand why the buyer should have to pay for insurance when it's the sellers obligation to insure that the package is properly packed and arrives to the buyer undamaged. Insurance only cost a few dollars more and is well worth the price to eliminate all these squabbles. However, anytime you ship overseas you enter into an unknow territory where proof of deliver or insurance don't mean much.

I did not notice in the first posting that the buyer was located in the Phillipines. I would not recommend that anyone ship anything to an overseas address without additional insurance. I think SeattleSportTrac had some problems with shipping some of his WebXtreme Graphics to someone in Taiwan and they kept claiming that they never received it.

...Rich

The product was shipped to Toronto,Canada not overseas! And that it was the wrong part

Shawn

Ok - nothing to do with the whole thread...LOL - International shipping is a pain, period! I send everything US Global Priority Mail with Insurance. I have to spend 20-30 mins minimum in line at the post office to ship them as we have one Post Office in our city. Even if you process them online you still have to take them into the post office for them to officially put their stamp on them. I fill out the forms online with a Tariff #. Now, since I have been doing it this way amazingly the package shows up. Why? Because when the customer says it never made it I investigate through Customs and amazingly the buyers ALWAYS says, "Oh, my wife placed in somewhere in the house and I have it now". I probably lose money with the extra time it takes to process them and take them to the Post Office.

Can we all just get along now?

Oh, and Coastie, I dont care what the part numbers say, when I called AVS, here in Lawrenceville GA, they told me to come up there, and that they had a couple that would fit.

As Todd Z pointed out to me, his deflector sits ON the gasket for the rear window. I didnt like the way that looked, so I got the one that would go AROUND the gasket and seal better.

Therefore, lets look at that pic one more time:

[Broken External Image]:

Larry Phillips/NX-01,

Misc Items by WFoy, 12/16/2005 15:50 ET

OK gang, cleaning out the shop:

AVS Rear window deflector : $25 shipped

Benevento Sun Roof Deflector $50 shipped

Interior Carpet Dark grey, NIB never even opened the package, $85 shipped.

The add I bought from,

Doesnt say its from his truck but his shop,total price is $75 shipped,no mention of insurance I paid $90 cause I live in Canada.Being on the Sport Trac web site and a sponsor here my best guess it was for a Sport Trac.

Shawn

In that post you responded
re: Misc Items by snss3Member Profile,12/16/2005 22:20 ET

Ill take the pair of deflectors if both are in good shape.Thanks Shawn

If you thought they were new what was the purpose of the question? I bought the rug and it came as described, New in the box. I can understand the additional shipping cost having it sent to Canada. I'm sure that the additional shipping cost of $15 USD was agreed upon before shipment was made. I'm not trying to take sides, but let's explain the events as they actually happened. Wayne has always been a stand up guy and I'm sure that he feels that sharing the loss is more than fair.

You stated:

The company then refunded $45 half of the original cost, if either of these parts were useable I thought this would be fair but the rear window deflector part no. did not match with the part for a Sport Trac.

So both parts are totally unusable

Since the rear deflector fits and is therefore usable, isn't the $45 USD still fair?

snss3, by me confirming the part number fit the Ranger and what not does not mean it does not fit the Trac. If it was on Wfoys Trac and it fit it properly then that is all that matters. I was simply confirming the number vs. fit. Sorry is I mislead you by not giving more details.

Latest posts