Buyer Beware update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can now see why Wayne had taken some time to respond on this board, wish he had continued communication with me off this board but that is the way things turned out.

Arguing about how long someone has been on this board to make their opinion more legit, is just incredible. Open minded people no matter how long they have been around should be able to take the points at hand evaluate them and form an opinion. This should then be relayed in a factual non abrasive tone void of insults and accusations.

The tone of some towards me certainly has not surprised, this is why I really didn’t want to bring this to light here.Ive done my best just to state the facts and keep my personal feelings of some here out of the discussion.

TJR, why do you feel it your obligation to to speak for Wayne

-Shawn said it didn't fit his ST...yeah, so?

-Shawn didn't buy insurance (whether presented with the option or not), the parts were reportedly damage during shipping

-And, I bet Wayne would require he insure the items when shipping them back, and pay for that to.

-Case closed. Wayne did enough already

-I am not recommending Wayne do that, because even that sucks because if the parts are broken, why should Wayne get them back broken.

TJR,

Your first statement, shows your concern

Second puts my integrity into question

Then you imply that I’m cheap

Are you the judge and jury, case closed?

Why should I have received broken parts, it certainly sucked for me?

If you’re willing to read all the posts and then respond that’s fine, if you do not then it will be hard to formulate a true opinion on the issue at hand.

Shawn

A $45 lesson yes!!!!!

Shawn says:
TJR,

Your first statement, shows your concern

Second puts my integrity into question

Then you imply that I’m cheap

Are you the judge and jury, case closed?

Why should I have received broken parts, it certainly sucked for me?

No, the first statement ("Shawn said it didn't fit his ST...yeah, so?") wasn't meant to show my concern or lackthereof, it was meant to show that the "fit" issue is a moot point. It fit on Wayne's ST for that we have proof. The reasons it doesn't fit on your ST could vary, but a partial refund was already accepted at the point you determined you had difficulty getting the parts to fit, right?

As for the 2nd statement ("Shawn didn't buy insurance (whether presented with the option or not), the parts were reportedly damage during shipping.") wasn't meant to call your integrity into question. You reported they were damaged, and we all assume during shipping. That's just a fact. We can only go by what you report. Don't take things so personally.

I never implied you were cheap. Again, don't take things so personally. I only tried to state that if I were WFoy and I were going to have you send the things back to me, I would make you pick up shipping costs including insurance.

Am I judge and jury...nope...just a guy with an opinion who HAS read this all. Did you read all my posts? I asked several times "DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT ACCEPT the $45 partial refund?" Why did I ask, because I could only assume you did based on your original post, but that was only an assumption, and being a fair person I wanted you to respond. The fact that you haven't makes me think you must have.

I do think Wayne has done enough; but I'm just one guy. YOU decided to take this matter here; don't complain about it as people then have opinions on the private matter that YOU took public.

As for you having had received broken parts, and that sucking for you...yup, that does suck. But why assume that WFoy was at fault and why consider him the one who has to make you whole?

And furthermore, why come to an agreement on a partial refund with WFoy and then reneg?

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Again Q, spouting off without knowing the facts. I do in fact own an ST as well as my F150. Have even been to the Louisville Meet in the past. It's ok though, I'll let you win as I can clearly see now you're just looking for ways to dig yourself out.

Take some Alka-Seltzer.

Opening Nyquil, Drinking, Putting the cap ba.. cvfjrgklwgrtkljwerltjknrewtlkjnwthkwjerntwklbtnhrgklewgnkwljnhbgkljtbnrlkjtbrkltjbslrkjtnkrjbtnwlktjwelkrjtbnwtk

must hit submit........Cant focus.....:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I feel I am at the play ground watching kids fight in the sandbox. You guys are so funny!!

Anyway,

I believe that cheese pizza's are great, but sub sandwiches are way better.

Maybe I missed something (I did only skim this thread). Why did snss agree to buy a used part for $90 in the first place? wfoy stated he didn't like the look of it on his ST, which is why he sold it. I paid less than that for mine when it was new.

snss did do me a favor though. He saved me from spending $200 on an xcal2. Thanks Shawn. ;)

Only cutting off your nose to spite your face, You can get a Xcal from any one, But the basic tune is not getting you what Wayne's tunes can....

Todd Z

It's amazing how a sheep can walk off a cliff, and the other follow blindly.

I saw it on animal planet.

I think Quiznos is over rated. That toasted bread is like sandpaper working on you.

Philly steaks are my favorite.

Philly steaks are my favorite.

Don't forget plenty of hot sauce !!!

Todd Z

Nelson,

snss3 got two parts from Wayne. A sun-roof deflector and rear window deflector. They were damaged during shipment and in good faith, Wayne refunded half of the cost. snss3 accepted that refund.

If he wasn't happy with the refund, he should have rejected it.

Tom

LOL Q. You can call my F150 ugly if you please to, you're entitled to your opinion. Myself I think it looks ok, certainly not a show truck by any means. Oh as far as my ST you're right, I don't have pics of it in my library but you can look in the Exhaust sound clips project that Spaceman submitted, it's in there. If you need more proof just say so, I wouldn't want you thinking someone dare lie to you and say they have an ST when they dont. Oh to save you the time, yeah if you saw my ST I am sure it would be ugly to you just like my F150 but again, you're entitled to that opinion.

Rob,

You may be on to something.

Pointless posts, name calling, and "I am better then you" attitude.

Tom

I thought that at first but I don't think so, unless William polished his writing skillset.

Bill had the inability to use correct punctuation which was a dead giveaway on his numerous attempts at pseudo log in names.

I conquer with chops, it isn't Bill unless he changed his entire writing style and the things he used to complain about like 'poor braking'

Latest posts