Buyer Beware update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Smith

Reaction score
Well I guess I must give up on this issue,causing a little grief! Only way is to put it to rest and never purchase anything from this sponsor again.Would rather have heard from him to sort out but never did!

Shawn:angry:

Shawn,

Have you tried contacting him directly?

Wayne, whats up? You sell something and wont respond to problems.

I wish the group buy for the UD pulley was after this incident. I would not have joined.

Odds are, this will be my last order from Wayne. I also will no longer recomend anyone buying a SCT Tuner.

I have had problems with one sponsor in the past. I was glad to see those scumbags go.

Tom

What is the issue here? I ordered my SCT XCal2 with absolutely no problems from Wayne a month ago. Best upgrade I've ever done and Wayne has been nothing short of amazing with his customer service. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after reading all the rants on that original post, it will not affect my opinion of Wayne and Hypillauto. I am from Calgary, AB Canada aswell.. if there was an issue, why did snss3 not pay for the additional insurance on the item when being shipped? if it was, then the courier should cover the damages. It could be a mistake on both ends.

I am going to place my order for the Random Tech Y-pipe from Wayne in the next little while and have no worries dealing with him.

Unfortunately We never got Wayne's side of the story, I got some of it over the phone. I will still deal with Wayne for my stuff...

Just sad to see no contact or attempt was made (by wayne after the post) to resolve the issue...

snss3, Also may want to change the title of your post to reflect what your saying, It seems only a handful of people replied to the posts. I don't think any one may not catch on to what this is about...

Tom, a little harsh???.. I agree with you, BUT people have problems with Ford, UPS, fed-ex, sears , and any other company every day, IF you hear 1 bad thing about some one, you will never deal with them again??? How do you buy any thing then?????

Todd Z

Adam,

You're unconditionally happy because you didn't have any problems??

You're comparing apples to oranges maybe??

Problem is, snss got F'ed.

By a "site sponsor" no less.

Gee whiz batman, that's what we need more of around here, we don't have to go off site to get screwed.

Sorry for the sincerity, I just call things like they are with no fluff.

OK... THE ABOVE WAS MY FIRST IMPRESSION....

After re reading everything and since I am the person I am, You know what, I think It was a little scummy that Wayne did not post any thing, even if he was working on it, OR he was going to never do any thing about it...

No response is a guilty response !!!...

I will still deal with him, But This site brings in a lot of business...

I would get the parts back, and refund the guy his money, Problem solved, and then there would be no need for any bad threads.

The next thread should read... " Guess what, Wayne refunded me my money !!"

Todd Z

Just sad to see no contact or attempt was made (by wayne after the post) to resolve the issue...

That is exactly my point. It seems as if Wayne is ignoring the problem, hoping it will go away.

Tom, a little harsh???.. I agree with you, BUT people have problems with Ford, UPS, fed-ex, sears , and any other company every day, IF you hear 1 bad thing about some one, you will never deal with them again??? How do you buy any thing then?????

I have never had a company ignore my complaints. I have complained about UPS and I have called them directly. I have had resolution by doing that. I have gone as far as having my shipping charges reimbursed to the shipper (when I had free shipping) because I felt the service was so bad that I did not feel anyone should pay for service that bad.

I know the sale did not go through Hypnotic Illusions, but that should not make any difference. Wayne is Hypnotic Illusions so anything he does reflects on his company.

Because of that, I will not purchase anything else from Hypnotic Illusions until the problem gets resolved. If anything else, as a man, he should stand up and defend his name. Any man worth being called a man owes that to his name alone. If a man has a bad name, what kind of man is he?

Tom

Perception is reality....

It always has been, it always will be. I have no feelings either way as far as ordering from Wayne or not. In fact, checked with him for something for my new vehicle. He got back to me and said he couldn't help me.

But,,,, just being a memeber here I would have liked to see Wayne post a response. Even if it had nothing to do with Wayne as far as how it was wrapped or shipped or whatever.

Unfair as it is, it is assumed your wrong (guilty) if you either don't reply or answer. Like your hiding. Wayne has sold a good amount of product to members of this site. I would thnk he would want to continue to do so.

If it were me, I could not sit here, read all these posts, and not reply back.....

Todd Z

The next thread should read... " Guess what, Wayne refunded me my money !!"

I would love to post that!

Why he would not respond to me Ill never know? or maybe I do! I have not said anything about his products or his service to others just the way I was treated by him.

Shawn:(

TJR,

I would hope so, unfortunatly a week is not excuse. It is actually longer then that.

Tom

Just to prove a fact...

I was mentioned to buy the XCal2 Flasher from this Wayne Foy person.

Due to the simple fact that he is unwilling to respond to this claim I will not order until its resolved, fairly.

Im not saying I dont trust him, but I dont want to be the next person left hanging if something goes wrong.

I guess Wayne should take this as a hint as to the affect this WILL take on his business if he can not offer some sort of explaination or what have you.

I never replied to the previous posts because I was giving WFOY the benefit of the doubt. I figured he would eventually come through. Guess not. I was seriously considering one of his chips, but not now.

This has really gotten out of hand, I have tried to deal with this off list, but evidently it keeps getting dragged back on here, so I will now respond. Those of you who have done business with me know that this is not a normal occurance, that all of my parts and products arrive safely and securely. Even those that go out of country.

When the customer on here receives his package in the Phillipines, I am sure he will post that it arrived safe and sound. Now the issue at hand:

I have responded to snss3. This was a person to person sale, not involving my "business" as Hypnotic Illusions does NOT sell used parts. These were used parts off my ST.

Secondly, I have never had an issue shipping out of country until NOW. You did NOT request insurance on the package. First problem.

Second problem, I packed those boxes with Airpack bags, the same exact shipping bags that anyone that recieves a large product from me sees in their packaging (Ypipes in particular). I notice on your pictures that the airpak bags are NOT show. Were they there? If not, then this package was evidently opened after it crossed the border. I also see there is a LOT of tape on that box, and that the Canada post label is acrossed that tape. That tells me that the box was opened, inspected and resealed.

Even without the package being insured, I have refunded the gentleman half his money, taking half the blame per se', and figured that would be enough.

As far as the rest of you jumping on this bandwagon, I am very surprised. I have been on this site for over a year without a single issue, minus one regarding tuning but you guys didnt jump on me about that.

For you to all turn on me at this point, is very disheartening and saddens me.

Oh, and as reference from his initial post about the deflector not fitting the rear window:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the original post I stated that the box went acroos the border and more than likely was opened for inspection. My suggestion was to comapare how you shipped it (Wfoy) vs. how he recieved. I am thinking the issue happened from the border on, (Based on your description of how you packed it).

That said, people are people. They will always think things are fine and good to go until they are not. Once that happens, they hang on the bad of the situataion. I think you did the right thing by posting so that your side could be heard.....

I really doubt this is Wayne's fault. he's a great guy and dealing with him myself was a pleasure. It seems that whenever something goes wrong everyone is too quick to point fingers. How about further investigation before any blame is placed? Anyone ever hear of innocent until proven guilty?

Latest posts