Buyer Beware update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me three !!!

Todd Z

Hey! Let's have an everyone is Q day! Every thread is created and responded to by Q. Cool!

Q out

Chops,

Internet arguements(aka pissing matches) are the equivalent of speaking to baby, the louder you yell, they get louder too. Nothing gets solved, an someone ends up all wet.

I tried to be the bigger man and not come on here and flame or aggravate the situation.

I did what I thought was right under the circumstances, taking half the blame.

I had USPS trace the package through to the border substation, and not one of their hubs reported damage or issue with the package. Which is why I will state again, that this happened after it crossed the border, and the damage claim should be placed with Canada post. If it was a package here in the US, I would be MORE than willing to call USPS myself and try to assist the man with claiming his reimnbursement. I have attempted to contact Canada post, and I keep being told that the receiver of the package needs to file for the claim.

As of today, there is still no claim on record for that damaged package.

Well this is great news. I didnt know the whole story, but seems WFoy did do ABOVE and BEYOND what ANY other seller would do.

I beleives this shows WFoy is an honest person, which is hard to come by these days!

Ok,

Glad to see you respond Wayne, we had sent a few e-mails off line and in the end result you did not respond any further I had no other option but to post here.:)

Lets start by saying that your in a business to provide a service and products, never once did you offer insurance on said product and by your own admission you send hundreds of items worth a lot more than these, do you offer insurance on them or leave it up to the customer?

You also said that bubble wrap was used, well there wasn’t any when I received the package it was only wrapped in news paper, the box was a two piece box taped together with a cardboard middle piece, and did you pack this personally?

After opening the package it was then I discovered both broken items, like I said before that I appreciated the refund of $45 and glued the piece back on the window deflector (Ventshade#93429) but when I tried to put it on I had the fitment issue. So with a sunroof deflector completely broken up and this issue I requested a full refund and never heard back from you until now on this forum.

My question is: why did you wait so long to respond and have this problem open for all to respond and see? Your reputation was put into question and now you have put mine up for question as well. What this has taught me is a lot of people will voice their opinion good or bad and that the aggravation you put me through was not worth the $45.No matter how it looks to others it could have been resolved between you and me if only you had treated this as a business deal rather than a personal one.

Wishing you better PR in all your future sales.

Shawn:)

Wfoy has had a good rep ever since I have been a member here..I wont let this private issue turn me away..when I get ready for the xcal or anything he has..he will have my bussiness..I believe he will take care of me, cause there have been praises for his help when someone has had a problem...just go back and read past theads..they are all good reports...;)

Oh and by the way thanks for the bigger man quote, you dont want a flame or aggravate but put this in, as well as the baby analagy,dont worry I wear diapers so no pissing match here.

Shawn

If a business loses a product in shipping, the business will deduct it as a loss. Wayne's transaction was person to person so the money he loses is out of his pocket.

Let's review.

1. The buyer did not want insurance.

2. Wayne presumably packaged the product securely with protective air bags.

3. The Canandian Border Police inspected the package and repackaged it less securely than required.

4. The product was receeived damaged.

5. The rear deflector does fit a trac.

If these statements are true, then I think WFOY is very generous to split the dollar loss with the buyer. The damage incurred was outside of WFOY's control and caused by a third party. That's my take on it.

That's my take on it.

I will take a Philly cheese steak, extra cheese !!!!!

Todd Z :)

Let's review what was originally posted by Shawn, point by point with some moderation:

Usually don’t like to post negative things on any board, but I’ve recently had a bad experience with one of our sponsors.

Actually, to set the record straight, you had a bad experience with Wayne.

I feel that I gave this person ample time to solve this issue and in turn advised him that I would bring it to the attention of this board.

Okay, which is it, you are dealing with a company or a person? Furthermore, why did you advise him you would bring it to the attention of this board? That's a threat, no? A threat to tarnish his company image because you didn't like the way your personal transaction turned out.

I ordered a couple of parts, sun-roof deflector and rear window deflector off this company and paid as soon as requested.

Did you make payment to Wayne or his company? Serious question! To whom did you make out the payment.

When these items arrived it was quite apparent that the box they shipped them in was quite flimsy and upon my inspection of the items both pieces were broken.

Okay. Insurance covers damage to items broken in transit. First thing I would have thought of is to seek restitution from the carrier or file an insurance claim.

I then contacted the company and asked for a refund, as stated they were not new parts but had normal wear and these were now broken up.The company then refunded $45 half of the original cost,

Note that you didn't explain the rationale on the part of the seller to refund this amount and what the refund as meant to cover.

...if either of these parts were useable I thought this would be fair but the rear window deflector part no. did not match with the part for a Sport Trac.

Are you saying there was a time when you "thought" the refund was fair? Asked another way, did you agree to the refund and THEN find that the parts didn't fit?

So both parts are totally unusable, I then requested a full refund and that the parts could be sent back to them at there expense, still have not heard back from them.

Again, did you THEN request a full refund after already accepting the $45 refund? If so, then the seller needn't reply as you already accepted refund terms.

If you could go to my library pics you can see the packaging and broken items.

I find this meaningless as third parties in the form of carriers and customs were in the middle of this transaction.

Would rather have not been forced to post this but Hypnotic Illusions gave me no other choice.

Actually, I don't really think this is the case.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be the last of this for me,

1-When and where did I ever say that I did not want Insurance!

2-Like you said "assumed" it was packed properly

3-Canadian border guards repacked improperly again another assumption

4-Thats correct!

5-And thanks for the info that it does fit a Trac! Now all of this would never have been brought up

if this had been relayed along time ago. Never said I was the best installer, Ill try again.

What would have been generous was a little more communication!

Shawn

I don't think you can fault someone when you don't get insurance. The few bucks you saved by not getting insurance costs both you and Wayne alot of headaches. I'm with WFOY on this one. By paying half the money back he's done more than most people or companies would have. Lesson here, buy insurance!:)

Tom, By him accepting and not refusing the refund is his acceptance weather he verbally agreed or not...

Todd Z

Todd, I just wanted to hear it from Shawn.

I suspect Shawn and Wayne came to terms on the $45 refund; Shawn accepted it and THEN found the parts didn't fit; THEN simply wanted all his money back. At that point, if I were Wayne, I might consider the whole thing done and that the buyer was trying to take advantage of me and my goodwill.

Latest posts