Beat a Chevy Down

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today is thursday? that means that the drag race down in the school zone is today at 230! dont want to be late for that one....

Chops.......I can't say I've agreed with some of your posts, but you stated that very well.

see u @ the camaro board

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's say I can take a stock Mustang GT (a so called sports car) in the 1/8 mile all night long? Should the Mustang not race because it's slower than a 2 ton, 4 door, v6 "truck"? Either I get to race or the Mustang doesn't...:D Just because your ST is slow, doesn't mean all of them are. Anyone can go buy a Corvette, Porsche, etc, and wreck it at the track, it takes a lot of work to get a v6 Explorer into the 13-14s (where I plan to be by the end of this summer) and keep it out of the wall.

15.5 1/4 mile. Last time I went with my friend who has an '04 GT Auto, and I would own him all the way to the 1/8 mile marker, then he'd fly past on the back half. That was before a throttle body, MAF upgrade, soon to go on u/d pulleys, and nitrous goin on next month.

for those who are scared of other drivers on the road do us a favor and use you bike or use public transportation. No one is going to tell me how I am supposed to drive my ST. If I want to speed I will, if I want to follow the speed limit I will.

And I find it ridiculous to say that you shouldnt race unless you have something worth racing (muscle car etc...). Why do you get to have all the fun, just cause you spent the money on something with more power.

This is becoming an all to often topic in here lately, telling people how they should drive and live there lives. If I wanted to get life lessons I would talk to my parents or DR. Phil.

Do you honestly believe that someone is reading this thread and thinking...Wow, they have a great point, I never thought if things that way, from now on Im going to never speed.

Hey chops and TJR why don't you talk to wayne and see if he can put a speed limiter on your ST at 60 mph. Best to lead by example isnt it?

Out of curiousity TJR? what good have you given this board on the past 6 months other than lecturing/preaching/telling people what they are doing wrong? (You already cause one member to leave.) Chops usually pops in to make fun of people, and TJR preaches. As far at out ST's go (remember the reason we come here) I have yet to see you guys answer someone legitimate questions about their ST's that someone else can't answer. So why are you here?

I am just asking you to please stop trying to pick apart other people posts. If you don't agree in something they are doing then leave the post alone! People aren't posting on here and telling their stories on here to have people belittle them, tell them what they are doing wrong, how they should "grow up" and then they regret posting.

Why can't you just click on a different post (that's why there is a BACK button on your browser!) or move on to the next one without constantly having to put in your "2 cents". Cause guess what, look back through your posts... no one really cares! No one has ever said thank you for changing my entire view on things and making my life better. Geeze.

TJR, you emailed me awhile back asking me to stop "baiting" you and you would stop preaching. Looks like you can't even keep to your own deals! MIGHTY HONORABLE!!!

Big D, I have posted several times to “on” and “off” topic threads on this board; several over the past few days, getting thanks on many and adding significantly to the discussion topics, or so I think. But, frankly, I don't really have to defend my ability or performance on answering questions others can't because that isn't a prerequisite to participation on this board, now is it? I hope to bring more to this board than just lecturing. I hope that I am valued. Many have said that I am. Seems I really only have a couple of people (you are one) that has issue with my OT positions.

I sent you email asking for a personal truce after you continued to bait me. At the time I sent the email, I said I wasn't apologizing for asking people to behave well, and stated that wouldn't change. I haven't, I won't! I never said I would "stop preaching". I called for a truce, asked for you to stop baiting me, and stated I would "try to lighten up", and I have kept up my end of the bargain. I have lightened up. But I won't stop "lighten up" on people that are breaking the law and doing unsafe things that jeopardize the lives of others. You can call me dishonorable if you want, but I never said I was going to change, just that I was going to cool it with you. No one has the right to do unsafe and unlawful things on the road, and those that try to showcase that behavior on this site should be chastised and anyone that things otherwise, frankly, is somewhat twisted in their values, IMHO.

This is supposed to be a well-meaning, helpful, community board, not some "fast and the furious" ricers board. It has been stated time and time again, this is meant to be the kind of board that every member of the family can follow. Furthermore, I will continue to encourage people to stop doing illegal stuff, and stop glamorizing it on this board. I believe it is both my right and my duty to do this.

I will always be respectful, and I will always be courteous. I have no tolerance for illegal, unsafe activity and won't sit idle as it is glamorized and for that I will not apologize.

TJR

What people do in the privacy of their own homes and within the confines of their own property is their own business. People have the right to lives their lives as they see fit, no matter how stupid it may seem to others. We all have personal rights, but the problem is many people either don't know or don't care where those rights end. However, when you choose to do something that is both illegal and dangerous (I'm sorry, but the "it's not racing, it's just red light to redlight" is about the stupidest arguement I've ever heard) on a public street, it is not your right, as it infringes on the safety of me and the people I love. No one has the right to put my wife or daughter's life in danger. I guess if someone came by and took a couple shots at your house you'd just say it's their right to own a handgun, so live and let live? Everybody thinks they're Dale Earnhardt and can drive themselves out of any situation that might arise, but the fact of the matter is there are people killed every day, lots of them innocent people, because of street racing. If you want to be an idiot, more power to you. But when you bring it out in public where you take risks with other peoples lives and property, you've crossed the line. Two cars were just running redlight to redlight in my town not long ago, and one of the cars bumped the other, causing it to jump the curb and run through a line of kids standing at a Dairy Queen. Several of them were maimed for life. I don't care if anybody wants to hear it or not, when you infringe on my right to drive down a public road and not have to worry about some idiot that never grew up ramming into me because he doesn't want somebody to "hole shot" him, then you make it my business.

I thought driving was a privelage, not a right? No one has the right to drive, but you are allowed to if the gov't says it's okay. As soon as the gov't says you can't drive any more, ie takes license, etc, then you lose that privelage...

You have Caymens FULL support.

That speaks volumes aye?

Wouldn't that be insulting if it were reversed. I could say that I think you are worthless biker trash, but I don't. Not just because I like bikers and that would be offensive to bikers, but also you are a human being.

Pretty sad...pretty sad. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Tom

Caymen,

You can say anything you want. That was a benign post I made, and you can read into it anyway you wish. Your problem is, a lot of my posts will be over your head and you won't know how to interpret them correctly.

And I'm not a biker, I'm a Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiast.

Don't feel sorry, I have things good.

We're not street racers, we're Sport Trac Enthusiasts. We put the "sport" in Sport Trac. :lol:

Latest posts