Beat a Chevy Down

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a big difference between street racing, and stop likght to stop light racing. Seeing who has more pull from a stop is not going to kill anybody. Racing through traffic and weaving is a lot more dangerous and I'll agree.. stupid.

Duece wasnt putting anybody in danger.

Quote: " have you ever done anything stupid?"

I'm sure we all have. The question is, when you realized it was stupid, did you stop? :huh:

This is all sofa king funny!!!!

Racing lard ass, pathetically-slow-no-matter-what-gizmo that may increase 3 HP - Sport Tracs!!!

The only way a Sport Trac can go faster is if it falls off a cliff! You kids get real! And there are a lot of 30 year old kids on here!

If you *HAVE* to race, please wait until you can afford/build something with *AT LEAST* 350hp/350tq!!! Then take it to drag strip. If you have never heard of anyone dying in a race, then *maybe.........just maybe* it's possible that you're still so wet from the amniotic sac that your eyes aren't fully developed....

And all this moronic nonsense about doing burnouts with a POS engine in a heavy truck, and the only way you can do it is by holding the front brake, that's PATHETIC!! WTF is that all about anyway, you can light up the back tires by holding the brake?

Are you guys for real?

Am I the only one that bought a slug?

News flash!! You guys want cheap HP? Start going to the gym, for every 10 pounds of fat you lose you gain the equivilent of 1 HP!

Start stripping down your Tracs, for every 100 pounds, that's 10 HP!

And stay out of the way? Maybe I CAN'T get out of your idiotic way of trying to prove who has more testosterone! Maybe I'm on my motorcycle, and you lose control and take me with you...

Maybe your doing your stoplight to stoplight runs (that's not racing), and you don't see me on my bike at the stoplight in front of you. You hit me from behind, I get thrown over the handlebars and hit by oncomming traffic. I read too many closed casket stories like this since I frequent motorcycle sites everyday.

Yes I've done my share of stupid crap, imagine a 440 c.i. in the hands of a 16 year old....

I have seen a lot of people DIE from being stupid, even in my backyard 5 years ago. Some 17 y.o. kid got a Vette for his birthday, racing down the street behind my house in a 35mph residential zone, lost it and hit a tree. 500 feet from my backyard. Before the fire department got there he was burned beyond recognition. Top it off he killed the tree. Closed casket.

This is not directed at any one person, so don't get all hell bent out of shape, but if it only makes one person that reads this think twice, then maybe it's a life saved and maybe mine too.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is this story time? Quick go grab me a box of tissues grandpa! There is no room for people like you on todays roads on a motorcycle, adapt and change or take your moped back to the nursing home.

How are you going to knock the truck that you drive yourself? The ST is a very capable truck on and off the street. The fact that you have to brake stand it to get smoke, are you for real? Obviously you have comprehension of smoking ones tires. Unless you are blown or completely custom, your not going to sit still and smoke your tires. The fact that the ST can brakestand in the 1st place is a testement to its "power"

Some 17 year old dies in your backyard? Too bad. I have more sympathy for the tree. But the tree cant race me, so either way I dont care.

[Broken External Image]:

Aaron said:
Seeing who has more pull from a stop is not going to kill anybody.

Well that really depends on the following conditions and factors now doesn't it:

a) The cars

b) The drivers

c) The road conditions

d) The surroundings, including other cars, pedestrians and bystanders

Most of the time, when one claims an absolute (e.g. "...is not going to kill anybody") and sets no conditions they pretty much made an invalid claim.

TJR

You know what they say: "It's all fun and games until someone burns to death in a fiery crash."

One of my friends from high school went out that way. I responded with the firemen the scene just after the accident. He got t-boned as he turned left at an intersection that was pretty blind to traffic coming from the left as that part of the road went over a hill just a hundred yards or so up the street. A "feed truck" t-boned him...the truck was going about 60 over a blind hill with an intersection on the other side. The driver drove that route every day and you would think he would slow down for that hill and intersection, but no. That particular intersection is deadly, the road rural. First responders to the scene did what they thought was conventional wisdom and best practice...they didn't move the victim as the car was off the road and appeared to be in no immediate danger. As the responder went to call for emergency assistance, the car exploded into flames, the dazed driver inside it.

Having to tell a friend he is going to be "alright", when you see him burned beyond recognition and already see the vital signs of his body shutting down is not a fun thing.

My best friend and neighbor's father went out that way too, when my friend was 17yo. His Dad was a truck driver, driving a flatbed of old tires. He swerved to miss a car that pulled in front of him and lost control, rolling the vehicle onto the driver's side. He was a heavy set guy. The guy he had working with him (the passenger) made it out of the truck, climbing up out of the cab side window. My friend's dad didn't make it out. The truck erupted into flames, and his screams were heard for several minutes as the truck burned, but the fire was so hot, and no fire trucks around, so no one could get close enough to help. People pleaded with a policeman on the scene to shot into the cab, hitting the screaming man so that he could be put out of his misery. My best friend told me all about that story, and my own dad was a responder to that crash and loaded my best friends dad (and neighbor) into a body bag, piece by piece. I used to do the farm chores for that guy whenever their family went on vacation. He was a great guy!

But, hey, at least no trees were damaged, right Raven?

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
If i was a praying man then karma would not exsist to me. If it did, why would i be worried? I havent killed anyone, I havent done wrong on anyone. If Karma payed me back it would be nothing but good.

I was on the volenteer FD for 3 years as a 1st responder. I dont want to hear your sob stories about people who died. Ive seen them die. Ive pulled there bodies from cars. Who cares? People are going to do what they want to do regardless of your big and demeaning words over an internet forum because you dont like what they are doing.

Like I said, stay out of the way. Drive defenseivly. And watch out for trees, they are quick

hey RAVEN is that wher your ST cuts out I think it is time for an XCAL2 to get rid of that speed limiter and rev limiter. had mine up to 115 to nights ago.and yes i was rushing to get home my wife was freeking out their was a roach trying to eat her:lol:

Yes thats where my ST cut off. I dont have my ST anymore, but I REGULARY hit that point on the speedo, and IM sure it would have gone much faster

So since your intellectually challenged Michael, I won't use any big words on you.

My post wasn't meant for you as there is no way your frontal lobe will ever mature enough in this decade to comprehend anything that I ever comment on.

It would just be too draining to force my IQ down to your level as to have any meaningful dialogue; OK I know you didn't understand the last either, so I'll translate this one and only time: I don't waste my time on pinheads.

Hopefully your baby son is not along for your 'thrill' rides, how tragic it would be if he fell victim to your stupidity.

And if it causes you to pause, stop and think about how your careless actions reflect and ripple down on the lives of others including your own family, is it then not worth it?

Raven said:
Who cares? People are going to do what they want to do regardless...

I think it's the uncaring, defeatist attitude of yours, Raven, that people here have issue with (at least I take issue with it).

The way I see it we ALL should care. We ALL should encourage others to be careful not CARELESS on the road and to be safe not DANGEROUS because we all share the road and we ALL should have some level of respect for each others well-being and safety.

You disagree, clearly. You have stated you don't care and you think that it's a waste of time to try to change people's bad behavior. That is what I mean by an "uncaring, defeatist attitude."

Apathy and despondency are not good traits in a people. We all should strive for better.

Off my soapbox now...

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
And if it causes you to pause, stop and think about how your careless actions reflect and ripple down on the lives of others including your own family, is it then not worth it?

The only thing it made me stop and think about is how pathetic you are to have obtained that information, to use against me.

Latest posts