What is the fastest you've ever driven a car in mph

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fastest car I ever drove was a 1967 Corvette fast back 400hp 427ci off road exhaust I bought new in '67. I shut it down at 136mph. At 70 mph on concrete if you kicked it to the floor the back end would break loose and pass up the front end if you let it.

:):):):)

wasnt driving but went 150 in a Z06 last summer...

and i dont think i want to go that fast again unless im driving... :wacko:

wasnt feeling to safe :lol:

MY 1973 Chevy Camaro.

all i can say is 135 because the speed-o-meter, only went to 135......:(

But i had that pedal floored and the needle was pinned @ 135 for almost 2 minutes.:cool

God i miss that car!!!!!!

I'll have to post some pics later today.

My 1969 Pontiac Firebird 400. 140mph on the dot. I couldn't have got much more with the 4:11 posi...well...I kinda ran out of road also.

I'll never drive that fast again. That car scared the hell out of me. It shook like crazy and rattled so much that I could see dust floating around.

It sounded awesome though!

1993, first year in Miami Beach, my 1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Cab, top down,153 mph on the Julia Tuttle causeway with a Beach Boys concert stage dancer egging me on. She left me for some rich old bastard, I sold the car when I realized I was buying Pirelli PZeros every 4 months. The single life- it was great!:cool:

The turbos were great cars, I bought an 86 (1st year I think) Non- intercooled, get stuck in traffic ment a new seal job, happend 4 times.$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Spun a bearing outside of Sonora, 8 K fix, sold that puppy the day it came out of the shop.

That was in 92.

When people ask me that question about my Thunderbird SC I just tell them "I really don't know, the speedometer only goes to 120." :D

A state trooper friend challenged me to see if my 95 MR2 Turbo could "keep up" with his Crown Vic. As he ran out of steam, he clocked me at 144mph. Scary part was when I hit an expansion joint on a bridge. It lifted the nose just enough to let the air under the the car. Suddenly the steering wheel felt much too light. Let off the gas and she settled down nicely. Never pushed her that hard anywhere near bridges again!

Latest posts