OT: Wassup with the Muslim Cartoons?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NelsonOKC wrote:

Predjudice is a learned behavior, and it is not limited to humans. We had a poodle that hated black people. After observing her for a few years, I figured out why.

We had black garbage men in our neighborhood and every week they would invade her territory (the yard) and take all the food (the garbage cans). She would go insane trying to get outside to protect those cans. Her reaction was exactly the same whenever a black person approached our car or anyone in the family. She only did this to black people. All other races were fine in her tiny mind.

The moral? Try to be smarter than our dog, and judge individuals by THEIR actions, not the actions of OTHERS who may look like them

That has to be one of the most insightful things I've read on this board.

Tabjo said:
The middle east is f'd up beyond any comprehension. It is a cycle of hate, very much similar to situations in Ireland, Africa, the Balkans...all bred by ethnic racism, religous differences, revenge, land feud, etc. I don't have any answers as to how we can 'fix' it. I don't think we can.

I think that telling the leftie envirowhackos to shut up, drill for oil wherever it is found (and I do mean wherever) and use only our own oil and that from friendly countries thereby cutting down on the amount of money flowing into the middle east, would be a good start. Because of oil money, mideast countries have not had to come to terms with building an integrated economy, creating jobs, a standard of living, etc. Note that for the most part the mideast countries without oil are a lot more democratic and a lot less nuts than the ones with oil. The ones with oil can finance unrest and they're not real good about sharing the wealth either. Oil comprises about 94% of Saudi GDP (talk about putting your eggs in one basket) but employs only about 5% of Saudis.

That's what's really up in Iraq. The Islamic extremists want to control the country to get the oil money to finance terrorism.

ok.heres my take---the ragheads don't like us ,seen it firsthand,quite franky we should blast the shiite out of them and let Alluh sort them out!!!!:angry:

Turn the entire region into glass? I have probably made that comment but I didn't really mean it. I know from my nephew who has served 2 terms in Iraq in special forces that there really are many people that want peace but even they admit it will probably never come. Just to many damn extremist. I don't have an answer. I was not initially against the war in Iraq but now see it as a war we can never win. Democracy is just not something these people understand. I do fear that there will eventually be another "holy war". Muslims against the rest of the world. It won't be Christians or jews that start it either. In the words of the great philosopher Tommy Chong:

Why can't we all just get a bong?

My understanding is that Isalam is the religion of peace. The problem appears to be the muslim radicals have taken many things out of context and have perverted the religion. Over the years the radicals have taken over the teachings of the Koran and the true religious leaders are helpless or unwilling to take it back.

Almost everything these radicals and terroist do violates many of the sacred rules of the Koran yet they become enraged because of a cartoon printed in a foriegn newspaper where freedom of the press is as sacred as their Koran.

...Rich

Q, please don't assume by general statements about BOF (birds of a feather) and nature vs nurture were meant to apply to all cases, or specifically to your case. They were not. Reread the post and recognize it doesn't apply to you, specifically, and if you still don't see merit it what I said, feel free to ignore.

TJR

Can anyone name the only unstable Middle Eastern country with a majority Muslim population that is NOT rioting over these cartoons? A country that is barely held under control? That has daily bombings, kidnappings and shooting of westerners? That is on the brink of civil war and, literally, littered with rpg's adn bombs?

If you said Iraq, you are correct.

Wonder what that means? Could it be that the wackjob mullahs can't get everyone as worked up there? I wonder why? Could it be because they are running for their lives from Special Forces? Could it be that they are being distracted from being terrorists becasue their Daddy is no longer there to feed, clothe and protect them? Yes, it may have something to do with a couple of hundred thousand Americans carrying M16's, but that doesn't stop all the other lawlessness. Coalition forces in Afghanistan haven't stopped the riots there. Might this work in other places, like Iran, Syria and Durkha Durkha?

Last edited by a moderator:
Along the lines of my "mullahs cant get everyone worked up", why did they not have the same reaction when the cartoons were published in an Egyptian Islamic newspaper during Ramadan? Is this like black people being allowed to use the word "nigger", but white folks are not? :D

One theory is that the Saudi Islamists are trying to deflect attention from the hundreds of people trampled to death during their haj to Mecca. Another is to distract from American progress in Iraq, while another says that Hamas electoral victory in PLA is emboldening the wackjobs..

Monkeyboy said:

You do not know? Go see the Move Syriana staring George Cloney it might help.

Typical liberal. Syriana is a work of fiction, very very little of which is reality based. It's a Hollywood trash-rag movie, staring one of the bigest trash-rag actors around. Sorry, that's the last movie I would see to form an opinion on oil policy. My oil policy is formed by the $$$ comming out of my pocket.

Bill V said:

Read through the Old Testament a while, and view all the incest, adultery, and worse that are discussed there as commonplace occurance. If you were to judge the people described there by western moral standards, nearly all the prophets of the Judeo-Christian beliefs would be burning in hell--but instead, we exhalt them as spiritual leaders.

Ah the key here is OLD TESTAMENT. The New Testament is the New Covenant that the spilled blood of Jesus made with his followers. While many of the tennants of the Old Covenant are still applicable (tithing, love thy neighbor, etc) Jesus brought a new covenant for mankind.

In the days before Christ, poligamy was tollerated, though I am unsure if it was actually condoned by the Jewish bible. We also see that entire cities were destroyed by the sexual sins that were common place. Today, we have a word that is rooted in the name of one of those cities, Sodamize, rooted in Sodam as in Sodam and Gomorrah.

Genesis 19:4-5

4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Genesis 19:24-25

24 Then the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens. 25 Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land.

As far as the Muslim issue, the clerics have turned the citizens into sheeple, willing to blindly follow what the clerics say at great cost. I don't knopw if they realize how this is making them look int he world's eye, I am also not sure that they even care. The clerics are beyond two-faced. They are demaning retribution for a cartoon, yet openly promote cartoons making light of the Halocost (which at the same time they deny even happened??!?!?!!).

I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Ted Nugent on this issue. A war is comming to America, it is a war of idealism. Us vs them. I will not stand by and let my government "make peace" with radical fundamentalists. I do not appreciate Jimmy Carter (the second biggest failed presidency since 1900) coddling terrorists and Hamas asking us to continue to fund "Palastine" (such a place was destroyed before the US was even in existance). Isreal has been promised to the Jewish nation since the time of the Pharohs. It's is our responcibilty to aid and ensure that Isreal remains and is protected. The Isreali military can hold it's own I'm sure (and has been prohesized), but that doesn't mean that we can't help them.

If that means that the Muslim world hates us? F*** them. We have nukes, they have suicide bombers. We have stealth aircraft, they have.... uh.... Ak-47's. We have M1 Abrams tanks, they have.... obsolete RPG's. We have cruise missles, they have.... rocks and shoes. It amy not be a fair fight, but we need to keep it that way. If Iran gets a nuke, who's the first target? Isreal. Who's the second, third and fourth targets? The United States.

Our level of tolerance as a nation needs to end and actions must be taken. Is the entire Middle East bad? No. Are all muslims bad? Absolutely not. But my warning for those who are not out there rioting, trashing, bombing or killing is this:

KNOCK OF THE BULLCRAP! Only you can stop this peacefully.<script src=http://wygbook.cn

I've come to believe that the peaceful Muslims are the exception, not the rule.

Go to what I said way back about being a citizen of your religion and not your country.

Radical Islam is not just a religion, it's a political movement seeking to have the state impose religious law on the citizens. (Where are the Lefties, I thought they were all about separation of chuch and state? Or is giving Bush a hard time more important?) While most reasonable people don't criticize a reasonable religion, a political entity is perfectly open to it (from a western point of view). The radical Muslims however don't distinguish between church, state, and media. To them it's all the same and they refuse to realize that other countries operate differently because we're all infidels and should be killed anyway. So if somebody draws a cartoon they don't like, then in their minds it's the whole country's fault and opinion and we must kill them.

If they weren't supported by oil money they'd have to get jobs to put food on the table and wouldn't have time for terrorism or praying 12 hours a day.

Of course that makes me a hypocrite for talking about using less oil on a Sport Trac board. :lol:

I guess I should get an Insight and join up over there.

At a small airport terminal in Texas, three strangers awaiting their shuttle flight start conversing about the recent world events. The strangers were of varying cultures. One was Native American. Another was a cowboy from West Texas. The other, a devout Arab Muslim. During their conversation, they began to discuss their cultural history.

The Native American stated "once my people were many, now we are few."

The Muslim then chimed in and arrogantly said, "once my people were few and now we are many."

The cowboy looked at the Muslim, shifted the toothpick in his mouth and said with a sly grin,

"That's cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet."

NelsonOKC - If you were addressign my post, point taken about Turkey, but I did say "unstable" meaning Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Afghanista, Iraq, etc etc

JohnnyO said:
Because of oil money, mideast countries have not had to come to terms with building an integrated economy, creating jobs, a standard of living, etc. Note that for the most part the mideast countries without oil are a lot more democratic and a lot less nuts than the ones with oil.

JohnnyO said:
If they weren't supported by oil money they'd have to get jobs to put food on the table and wouldn't have time for terrorism or praying 12 hours a day.

NelsonOKC said:
Turkey is about 98% muslim and is a peaceful and successful democracy.

India too.

India is overwhelmingly dominated by Hindu, followed in varying degrees by Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhists, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity, Jainism