~ NEW MOD - Functional Fender Vents

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I can do it. Then, I'm thinking... I'll buy a pair, punch them, and then sell them cheap with the owner's original parts for exchange.

Dingo, get a small piece of square metal and grind it down to the shape and size you need, then take a dremal or die grinder and hallow out the inside of the square to make it sharp. set the vent on a piece of wood and smack it._Ron:D

I can send you mine if you give me an address......you can design them up and I will be your guinny pig!

Not so sure a "Diamond shaped Punch" will work though....this plastic is really hard! It would take a lot even to do it my way on a Grinder.....I tried shaving some off with a course file....That did not work!

Email me an address I'll get them in the mail!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingo;

I'm interested in getting mine modded if you follow through on doing this.

I do also like D. Potts version using mesh as an alternative though if we can't reuse the stock ones...

Keep me in the loop please.

Cheers;

Eric

I'm going to try to get my hands on the ones from the derailment, as I'm sure I'll destroy at least one in testing...

Check these out. The hood vents might work on a STA to compliment the fender vents.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts