My sporttrac new brother

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. You were happy with what you got and wanted everyone to share your joy. No harm done. I have no doubt that your intention good.

We read about Delphi, GM, Ford, and other major companies are in trouble. Those people loosing thier jobs have families. They have bills to pay, mouths to feed, and people that depend on those jobs to earn a living. It sickens me to think that more of our money is being shipped overseas to another country. Charity starts at home.

I still love you...dude.

Tom

I just have one question. Is Ford realy 100% american made? I love my st, I also loved my durango, my jeep grand, my jeep cherokee, my pacifica and my first new suv, a two door blazer. All bought brand new, leased 3 years, never had one in the shop while I had them. I love my st more than any of them b/c of looks and versitility. Different strokes for different folks.

Caymen says:
I hope the FJ works for you. Honestly, you can not expect to post a picture of a Japanese car on an Domestic car website and not enrage some people.

Honestly?

Here is some honesty for you....

One could expect to be able to post a picture of any vehicle purchase and NOT expect people to get ENRAGED, as long as the person that posts the picture and announcement in a non-inflammatory way; which is what gwac did.

I truly believe it's the little-ego, small brainers on here that got enraged for no reason. Gwac wants to buy a Toyota. Toyota's are legal to purchase and it's HIS money so let him spend it the way he wants.

I'm rather SICK of the whole "buy American", import-bashing, "off-shored jobs are unpatriotic" RHETORIC that flies around this website, and others and in our communities.

We all like to sound off on our pet peeves, but can't we just be happy for someone buying a cool looking car WITHOUT getting all bent out of shape? If you don't like the car, or don't want to congratulate the person posting the announcement, at least be civil.

Regarding the job losses, etc, that is tragic. But to me many of the comments here SMACK of protectionism. If Ford and GM produced cars the people wanted and valued, they would buy them. That's the SIMPLE TRUTH. Pointing fingers at consumers and laughing at them; calling them STUPID for their choices, etc, simply shows that you all have GIVEN UP on Ford or GM being able to produce the products that people want; because such "guerrilla" tactics aren't helping the cause.

If you feel compelled to tell people they have made the wrong purchasing choice, or ever worse, belittle them for it; then YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. Free choice sets the marketplace. If you WANT people to choose Ford or GM, then work with Ford and GM so that they deliver vehicles people WANT...that's a CONSTRUCTIVE use of your zeal.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The corporate office is in the USA. The profits stay in the USA. The engine and tranny are built by Ford, but the plant it is Europe. The corporate office of Ford Motor Company is in the USA. The ultimate profits stay in America.

Toyota corporate office is in Japan. The profits go to Japan. Some stay in the US, but the profits ultimatly end up in Japan.

Tom

I didn't twist your words Caymen as that is exactly what you said. Unless there is some other meaning to that phrase that I don't know about?

Also, Caymen, you stated that people should buy American made cars over imports in order to keep people employed. So, instead of Ford competing with the imports on consumer preference alone, we need to guilt people into buying Ford vehicles?

That sounds like giving up to me, and smacks of protectionism.

All I am asking is that you (and others) divert your efforts...help Ford make vehicles that more people want. What's wrong with that?

Why villify the consumer? Why not place the blame were it belongs...the company!

TJR

fords 818 million dollar expansion into Canada. see link.

My point, is noones house is clean. All companies will do what is in thier best interest financially. Ford has plants in Mexico, why, cheap labor. So ford has outsorced enough jobs in other countries to close them and keep americans working. If they are so concerned with american jobs.

This debate should not be about jobs, b/c Fords customer service is one of the worst, just as an example, this is about freedom of choice. that is what makes us America. If all our plants would close operations everywhere else, bring the jobs home, then maybe we could debate whats true american made.

James your ford list is not complete, we have Ford plants in Ontario Canada, including

one in my city Oakville.

The corporate office is in the USA. The profits stay in the USA.

The corporate office of Ford Motor Company is in the USA. The ultimate profits stay in America.

Toyota corporate office is in Japan. The profits go to Japan. Some stay in the US, but the profits ultimatly end up in Japan.

DaimlerChrysler's corporate office is in Germany. If you apply the same line of reasoning from the above statements, to D/C, then their profits ultimately end up in Germany.

So should we not buy a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep product?

And ultimately, most of the profits from those "evil" foreign car makers are re-invested right back here in the American economy in the form of assembly plants. Look at how many "foreign" car makers have assembly plants right here in the USA. These plants use American distributors and suppliers.

The plants, distributors, and suppliers employ thousands of Americans with families who have bills to pay, mouths to feed, and people that depend on those jobs to earn a living.

These foreign automakers contribute signifcantly to the U.S. economy. Not buying their products would impact American workers.

Is it because they employ non-union workers that we shouldn't buy their products?:huh:

GWAC - Once again congrats. Don't feel that you have to apologize for posting about your new ride. In addition to being a Sport Trac site, there are many general car/truck enthusiasts here. We share in your excitement for your new ride. You did post this in the Off-Topic section afterall.

Caymen - You stated...

I hope the FJ works for you. Honestly, you can not expect to post a picture of a Japanese car on a Domestic car website and not enrage some people. Hearing about Ford and GM employees loosing jobs angers some people. Others don't care about other people and make up excuses why buying an import is good for the economy. Many of us here work for Ford, have parents that work/worked for Ford and are not happy about the job losses.

You have every right to be loyal to Ford and American products... but please do not belittle those who do buy non-Ford or Japanese products. They do not need your permission or forgiveness to post about the purchase of a non-Ford product. You directed gwac to a Toyota site so he does not receive grief from the majority of folks on this site. Most of the posts here have been supportive. Maybe if you desire a site supporting Ford and where non-US vehicle posts are banned, you should start your own site.

In the quote you implied that if we buy foreign, we don't care about people. Maybe the rest of us choose to care about more than "American" people.

...and what vehicles does Ford sell in the USA are built in "cheap" countries? You said countries, and not country, so there is more then one. What is it?

Take Mexico out of the equasion. NAFTA allowed that to flourish.

Tom