My sporttrac new brother

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, Gwac!

I think it looks good!

But then again I can say that because I am not insecure nor is my ST compensating for my inadequacies. ;)

Some of the guys here get their panty's in a twist when something competes with their "widdle old Sport Trac!"

:eek:

R: you started the attack, don't expect everyone to agree that Ford is the end-all, best-all car company on the planet.

And while I'm posting, I do still own 2 Fords, so I am quite experienced/familiar with many makes of vehicles, unlike some who have only owned 1 make of vehicle in their entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the looks of some Toyotas...4runners and stuff, but that thing looks like a cross between a mini cooper and a Trailblazer...sort of European looking...I think it's fugly, but I don't have to buy one. I hope you enjoy it. Even if I don't care for the looks it's a Toyota so it should run trouble free for about forever.:D

I have respect for cars that deserve it.

A Jeep will hold its own. I followed a RAV4 tonight on my way home. There is construction on a road I drive on and the road is bumpy. In nthought that RAV4 was going to bounce off the road. My Trac plowed by it like nothing.

Jeeps are awesome vehicles for off-roading. Personally, I would never own one. It just isn't practical. I could not imagine driving one to and from work. Now if I were into off-roading, I might consider.

Then again, a Bronco, a real one, would be my first choice.

Tom

Thanks everyone.

Not every car or truck is for everyone. I think its pretty cool looking.

I am keeping the sporttrac I needed another car, it was the only thing I could

find apart from the sporttrac that has some character.

Obviously many here know nothing of the long heritige Toyota has of building very capable off road vehicles; in fact, it was the original Land Cruiser that kept Toyota afloat in the US market for many years.

I really like the FJ, and while I am in the market for something new, I'm afraid I won't be able to get one of those. Premium fuel and 16 mpg will take its toll very quickly, plus I'm looking for a more sporty car for now.

Yeah, it is a sissy car, and it conquered the Rubicon Trail. Toyota's 4.0-liter V6 engine produces 239 horsepower as well. I wonder how our Sport Tracs compare to that? Amyone except Johnstone think their ST is "Trail-Rated"?

Was the Trac ever designed to be "Trail Rated"?

Was the FJ (anyone want to care to know what FJ stands for?) designed to tow 1600 LBS in its bed and tow a 5000 LB trailer?

Tom

Ummm, Tom. It doesn't have a bed. No one said it was a pickup truck, but some here (myself included), like to take our STs off-roading. My point is that sissy trucks don't conquer the Rubicon, and I don't know any recent Ford vehicle that could do it. Do you think the Explorer or Escape could finish that trail unmodified like the FJ did??

edit: Any vehicle that finishes this test deserves some respect. It separates the real 4X4s from the "Soccer Mom" trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the Escape or Explorer ever designed to be "trail rated"?

The Sport Trac is not a pick-up either.

Tom

I love my sporttrac, it is a 2002 and I have about 3 years left on the extended warranty,

I am going to keep it a long time. I needed another car. The FJ fits my needs. I think my 2 cars sitting side by side in my driveway will get along better than most people do on this thread. lol

gwac,

I hope the FJ works for you. Honestly, you can not expect to post a picture of a Japanese car on an Domestic car website and not enrage some people. Hearing about Ford and GM employees loosing jobs angers some people. Others don't care about other people and make up excuses why buying an import is good for the economy. Many of us here work for Ford, have parents that work/worked for Ford and are not ahppy about the job losses.

It is a touchy subject. If you want people to be happy with your purchase, post at a Toyota website. You will only get a few here that will share your joy.

Tom

Caymen

That was not my plan, if I knew it would upset people I would never have

posted it.

Anyone losing there job is a terrible thing.