My Job2 w/Chrome Package has arrived!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The aux input is located on the console on the forward facing edge below the compartment lid.

I like that shade of red. Beautiful truck, Lil Red!

North Central Ford is the same dealer I bought my '02 from. They've got a pretty good Service Department, btw. Small world (but I wouldn't want to paint it).

Thanks again to everyone for their opinions and positive feedback, we really appreciate it. This is my 1st brand new vehicle so you can only imagine how anxious I have been. My wife and I are really pleased with it and it came just in time for our new addition to the family. My wife is expecting our first child together in about 3 weeks. We decided not to find out the sex of the baby until it's born, so that will be another surprise and I can't wait!:D

For the members that are here in the Plano,TX area, surely our paths will cross one day and we will eventually meet.

Lil Red

Congrats on the little one. I have a 3 year old. Your priorities change when you have kids. I wish I had more time to spend working outside, or on the cars. He is just starting to get to an age when he wants to help out with everything. I can't even wheel the trashcan from the curb to back behind the house alone anymore....

Nice and Sweet ST, Red! I too live in the DFW Metroplex, near Duncanville Tx, So I may see you around the northern tier of town. Yeah, yours is the first one I have seen with the Chrome Package, which is what I want on my 07/08 ST. Keeping my 01 Island Blue, so when you see one that color, look for it around Farmers Branch, Carrolton or Addison area where I work near. Keep it spanking new and kudos to your little one!:cool:

The New Sport Trac hotness !!!!!!!

Todd Z

Keep an eye out for a dirty white one with a gray Longhorn hitch cover and Advance cover and give me a wave. Best of luck with the new family addition.

The dealer just let me know that my dad's 07ST that he ordered on 7/3 will be delivered during the first week of October. More 07's in the Sport Trac family, woohoo!

LOL - LilRed - my house is like yours, a red ST and a red Vette! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the modificatinos begin! So far I have added the Chrome bug deflector and the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 w/back up camera and Bluetooth goes in tonight.

So far I have put aproximately 250 miles of mixed driving on it and the estimated gas mileage is about 17.2MPG.

congrats on the win LIL RED. someone has the be the winner and someone still has to wait. thats how the game is played. looking foward to seeing yours JFire

Larry, they really are high grade ABS Chromed plastic wheel covers on top of the 18 wheels. If you didn't already know (or have them yourself) you would never know it unlees you looked at them real close. So Yes, now I know they are plastic. And honestly, if I had known that's how they were going to be I would have thought twice about the option. But at the same time, i'm pleased with my truck overall so definitely no buyer's remorse here.

His build date was 5 days before mine. Maybe I'll take delivery 5 days after he did. That should be tomorrow! Maybe I'll get that call from the dealer tomorrow!

oooohhh the suspense is KILLING me!

jfire

Also, chrome is ALWAYS a surface treatment, whether on alloy, steel, plastic, etc. etc. The treatment on steel/alloy has proven subject to corrosion so from a durability standpoint it's not necessarily the best application.

No buyer's remorse THERE.

R,

Chrome cannot tolerate flexing-bending-warpage-shrinkage-expansion, of which plastic has proven subject to exhibit. It's much, MUCH cheaper for fomoco to go for the short term gleam of covered plastic, vs a much more longevity life span of chrome over alloy. After a couple tire rotations, getting whacked by rubber mallets and the like....you get the point.

Let's be truthful here please.

Latest posts