My Job2 w/Chrome Package has arrived!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Yarbough

Reaction score
I ordered my Sport Trac on June 27 and it finaly arrived yesterday! I think this is the first ST w/Chrome Package that many have seen so enjoy the pics. Unfortunately the quality is only medicre because I took these with my camera phone.

Jfire, looks like I won this one but hopefully yours will be delivered really soon..... and to all others that are anxiously awaiting their ordered vehicles, all I can say is "be patient".

Cheers,

Lil Red

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

PS: Note that my Job 2 has the crossbars.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that looks nice! Congratulations on winning the race! I have a feeling I'm going to be dead last because of the accessories that the dealer has to figure out how to install. August 28th build date for me as well, so there are 3 of us now. The chrome looks great! looks like you'll have to see Pat's website to get those rails off! Have fun with the 'Trac. Nice Infiniti G-35 by the way! We have an FX.

jfire (still slaivating and waiting!)

I'll keep an eye out for that sharp ride around town. It's strange how I can pick out the N. Texas residences from the pictures. Which dealership did you buy from?

Congratulations! Looks good, even with a mediocer camera phone. :D :cool:

P.S. two things: 1) Your second pic looks great for a phone picture 2) those wheels look great for a while but I wish Ford would upgrade them to real chrome. They are plastic. Shame too they're gorgeous!

downunder dan - what do you mean "upgrade them to real chrome. They are plastic."?????

Where is there a description as to specification the chrome wheels being supplied under

CHROME OPTION.

I assumed they were chromed steel wheels.

thanks

bill e

Thanks to everyone for all of the congrats and positive suggestions. jfire, thanks for being a great sport and I can't wait to see yours,surely it won't be much longer. I'll be remoiving the rails this weekend. It definitely needs a Chrome tail pipe, I forgot to mention that I already have a Chrome Bug Shield and my Pioneer indash navigation system that I hope to get installed this weekend.

Dan, do you or any of you guys have any suggestions on what I need to do to preserve the plastic Chrome wheels? All suggestions are appreciated.

Teasip, I purchased my truck from North Central Ford on Central Expwy and Cambell Rd. I dealt directly with the fleet manager and got X-Plan pricing. It all worked out pretty well.

Bill aka. ewingga, if they are the same ones supplied on the new reg. explorers, they are a quality plastic chrome. Nice, but it makes me wonder if they will hold up to scratches nicks etc. I don't know. I can honestly say they look fantastic and I thought , up to a few months ago, they were full alloy chrome but No they are covers over steel wheels of a sort. Check them out at a dealership. Any way as to cleaning any quality plastics cleaner will work just nothing abrasive. :cool:

So, what entirely is included in the chrome package? I see the roof rails, running boards, mirrors, wheels, and of course the grille, but what is different from, say, a Limited ST, and is there anything else I'm missing? I thought the Limited had the chrome roof rails and running boards, too.

The truck looks great with the package.

Hey Q,,, why don't you take a long walk off a short pier. Their truck looks awesome. Besides, you didn't pay for it. If YOU don't like it...............................................shut up!

Limited has a silver-painted set of rails and step bars, not chrome. And also mirror skull caps are color-keyed.

That's beautiful! Congratulations! My dad ordered his on July 3. Fingers crossed!

Where did Ford put the Auxilliary Input for the radio?