Got a ticket today...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are tons of news stories about ticket quotas ...so my point is...it does exists. cops are told not to admitt they have them,

once again, bad cops out numbering good ones.

Caymen. One of the most difficult things a traffic officer does is determine who to take and who not to take for dui. Alcoholics can blow over .30 and you would swear they are not under the influence. Then someone can be .05 and be falling all over themselves. The problem is when you start mixing in drugs. The question is for you do you want the police to release someone they think is under the influence regardless of what they blow. Is your kid riding on their bike somewhere down the road. Who's is to blame if his individual hits some kid after the officer makes a decision that the individual was impared. The courts have said the police are. Turning the individual over to someone else will not work. Only one thing can keep that individual off the road at that time. It's hard judge any case without being on scene or in court.

Legal limit is just that a legal limit.

How did the camera not detect slured speach or the man unable to walk the line, yet the officer was.

It is BS and you know it.

At a minimum, the court system should reimburse that man for his missed time from work lawyer fees, a written letter of opology, and have that incident never show up on his record.

You know if an officer pulls you over, there is a perminant record on it that will be there forever.

Tom

here is my legal limit... lol sorry couldn't resist.. had to show my one and only catch from yesterday!

[Broken External Image]:

You got me Cayman "its all BS". I got up every morning and and dreamed up a quota for the day. Stopped as many DUI's as possible so they could punch me, cuss me, and throw up in my car. Kept a perminant record of everyone I ever stopped and have it locked in my safe. Never worked any accidents where drunks and speeders killed anyone. Have no knowledge of what you speek about the DUI process and did not teach DUI enforcement for 10 years. Fired the other shot that killed Kennedy. Every officer I ever met was a crook and everyone who ever got a ticket did not deserve it. Life is good

Redfish,

I would like to thank you for your service to the community and for being there to protect and serve our daily lives.

Caymen I am sorry you have had such bad experiances with police officers but if you talked to them the way you talk to people on here...................

I have had good experiances and bad with the police but the bad ones were my fault and I paid the price.

Thanks, but not neccessary. I would do it again in a minute. GM I will have to do a body cavity search just in case you hid a under limit one.

Hi Guys, I've stood back and watched this discourse. It's a very common topic. Caymen, you know I've offered help (gun advice, etc.) to you despite your obvious disdain for cops. I know you have had some bad dealings with bad cops. We hire from the human race, we are prone to human weaknesses and foibles, but we clearly are not all bad, not even mostly bad.

I was never assigned to the "traffic unit" but enforcing traffic was part of regular patrol work. I have pulled over more than my share of cars over the years (I became a cop in 1980). I'd have to say the ratio of bad people to bad cops is in the thousands to one. If I had a dime for every person who was an ass to me simply for being a cop or doing my job I'd have 3 Sport Tracs, being towed behind my Escalade, on the way to my home in Beverly Hills.

Don't get me wrong, I worked background investigations and there were applicants that I wouldn't hire to dig latrines. I have arrested veteran police officers. I have caused others to be fired. There are bad ones.

I do get asked alot about why I'm wasting time stopping a driver when "there's all kinds of crime going on..." Well, because bad drivers cause more death and great bodily injuries than robbers, burglars, ID thieves, vandals, car thieves, purse snatchers and career murderers combined. Simple as that. Bad drivers = death, injury and property damage in numbers that surpass other forms of misconduct.

Second, quite often a vehicle stop results in the discovery of another crime. Car full of dope (or car driven by a dope), car that is stolen, stolen property, people with outstanding warrants, people who have committed a crime. Classic example, after the bombing of the federal building (with mass casualties) by Tim McVeigh, et al, it was a traffic stop for a loose license plate that unraveled everything.

Anyway, I just had to jump in and say, I agree with ALL of you on much of what you say. Bad cops, bad law, bad courts...all true to some extent. Sure, while I'm issuing a cite to some guy because he didn't renew his registration, two rice rockets speed by hopping lanes at 100MPH or while I'm citing the driver who did a California Stop at the light a house 2 blocks away is being burglarized. I understand why someone gets upset when pulled over.

If only they issued us crystal balls ... :wacko:

All of you guys, be safe out there. Look out for THAT OTHER GUY.

Hi Guys, I've stood back and watched this discourse. It's a very common topic. Caymen, you know I've offered help (gun advice, etc.) to you despite your obvious disdain for cops. I know you have had some bad dealings with bad cops. We hire from the human race, we are prone to human weaknesses and foibles, but we clearly are not all bad, not even mostly bad.

I was never assigned to the "traffic unit" but enforcing traffic was part of regular patrol work. I have pulled over more than my share of cars over the years (I became a cop in 1980). I'd have to say the ratio of bad people to bad cops is in the thousands to one. If I had a dime for every person who was an ass to me simply for being a cop or doing my job I'd have 3 Sport Tracs, being towed behind my Escalade, on the way to my home in Beverly Hills.

Don't get me wrong, I worked background investigations and there were applicants that I wouldn't hire to dig latrines. I have arrested veteran police officers. I have caused others to be fired. There are bad ones.

I do get asked alot about why I'm wasting time stopping a driver when "there's all kinds of crime going on..." Well, because bad drivers cause more death and great bodily injuries than robbers, burglars, ID thieves, vandals, car thieves, purse snatchers and career murderers combined. Simple as that. Bad drivers = death, injury and property damage in numbers that surpass other forms of misconduct.

Second, quite often a vehicle stop results in the discovery of another crime. Car full of dope (or car driven by a dope), car that is stolen, stolen property, people with outstanding warrants, people who have committed a crime. Classic example, after the bombing of the federal building (with mass casualties) by Tim McVeigh, et al, it was a traffic stop for a loose license plate that unraveled everything.

Anyway, I just had to jump in and say, I agree with ALL of you on much of what you say. Bad cops, bad law, bad courts...all true to some extent. Sure, while I'm issuing a cite to some guy because he didn't renew his registration, two rice rockets speed by hopping lanes at 100MPH or while I'm citing the driver who did a California Stop at the light a house 2 blocks away is being burglarized. I understand why someone gets upset when pulled over.

If only they issued us crystal balls ...

All of you guys, be safe out there. Look out for THAT OTHER GUY.

Very well put!

Where's Robocop when we need him?

I don't know--haven't seen him since the early 90s.

Though even Robocop isn't perfect--at one point he starts cracking down on smokers and other petty/non-crimes while letting theft, drugs, and vandalism go on right around him...in fact, he even lets himself be tagged by the lamer of these vandals.

Even robocop lets the corruption of crime get on him while he tries to enforce the law, and then he becomes jaded. For robocop, the corruption was just spray paint, which when thought of towards real cops, is metaphoric for psychological jading.

Despite robocop's failings, his worst direct offense (as letting severe crimes go in lieu of taking down petty ones is indirect) was shooting around the head of a smoker to scar him into dropping his cigarette. Far superior to the egregious acts known to the law today, and far superior to squeezing money for people with tickets that are "unjustified".

and, robocop was repairable....unlike people. All together I say his good outweighs the bad as when he sank to the level of today's jaded police, he rose up, and he gave us memorable quotes while doing it. He's not perfect, but he's a step in the right direction. ;)

Just an opinion, as we all have them...

Cops have a difficult job in today's "it's somebody else's fault" environment".

That being said, remember, when you need the law, they're only a few minutes away...., read into it.

That being said, we (American society), want to sanitize everything, and have the "cleanup crew" take care of the "messy" things we don't want to face, or deal with. Cops often have to take this on.

If you really think you want to deal with the scum of the earth, become a cop.

No, I'm not one. Nor my friend/relative/acquaintance is. It's just a nasty, under-paid, under-appreciated job that was glorified to many of us as kids.

Like I said, we all have an opinion, as we also have other body parts ....:rolleyes:

That being said, remember, when you need the law, they're only a few minutes away...., read into it.

Therein lies my frustration, when I need them, they're NOT a few minutes away, at least, not the last dozen times.

Jeff;

Like I said, read into it. The proof is there. Most times, the law gets there AFTER the crime. In our current society, that IS a problem.

Latest posts