gay marriage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never used to car about gay this or gay that. My manager is gay. He feels the need to tell me how he feels about how people treat him differently when they find out he is gay. I could care less. Always complaining about how unfair life is. I find him rather annoying! Of course I've met many straight people who complain just as much.

I really don't care if they're allowed to get married. I will conceed that I do dislike seeing gay men making out. If you're life is so boring that that actually consumes your thoughts....I suggest getting a hobby.

I'm sorry, but if marriage is all about mating couples and reproducing... then why the hell do people get married and not have children? Is that a sin? Is that a crime? It sounds like it should to some.

:wacko:

Religion can do funny things to people...:rolleyes:

I never used to car about gay this or gay that. My manager is gay. He feels the need to tell me how he feels about how people treat him differently when they find out he is gay. I could care less. Always complaining about how unfair life is. I find him rather annoying! Of course I've met many straight people who complain just as much.

I really don't care if they're allowed to get married. I will conceed that I do dislike seeing gay men making out. If you're life is so boring that that actually consumes your thoughts....I suggest getting a hobby.

Les,

Though it is not proven as of yet. Many studies have and are being done to determine when and or why "gayness" steps in.

Though you have a potential valid point, the issue has not been clinically poven.

For every case study produced saying it is not a "choice" there is yet another case study saying that it is a "choice".

It is clear where your beliefs stand and that is fine and respectable, (By that I mean that you stand up for what you believe).

But it cannot yet be said it is "not a choice."

It may be determined tomorrow, or,,, it may take 10 more years. And I do believe that there is some genetics behind it. What the connection is, is not yet known...

I think that there are definintely some people who "choose" to be gay for rebellious reasons -- think the guy or girl in college "experimenting". Most of those people will eventually return to being straight. Those who are truly gay may not make a "choice", at least consciously, but that does not mean that the tendecy they have is normal or right. I know that this is not a PC thing to say, but I really put homosexuality in the same place as pediphylia, necrophylia, etc. Some people have those urges, but that doesn't make them right. Much the same way some people have urges to lie, steal, kill -- that doesn't make that right either.

Rocks

There is no such thing as sexual normalcy. At best there is a normalcy bell-curve, with monogamy and heterosexuality near the middle (top of the curve), and promiscuous homosexuality near one of the lower ends of the curve. Between those there are all kinds of different behaviors, fetishes, and predilictions (sp?).

Is gay a choice? No, probably not, probably no more so than being straight, or liking big boobs rather than small ones, or chubby girls more than skinny ones, etc. We are attracted to, and turned on by what we are for reasons we still don't really understand. Some of the causes might be environmental, some may not.

I have a family member who would be labeled by some as "bi-sexual." She didn't could choose not to act on her feelings, but she can't choose her feelings.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
MTU said:
I know that this is not a PC thing to say, but I really put homosexuality in the same place as pediphylia, necrophylia, etc.

So it seems you can't distinquish between consenting adults doing legal, sexual things and sexual activity that has been outlawed. That's a common "slippery slope" argument. If we allow the gays to marry then next its the pedos, necros and the sheep lovers. Those afraid of the slippery slope, IMHO, are often immobilized by fear and never take a step forward for fear of slipping.

And MTU also said:

Some people have those urges, but that doesn't make them right. Much the same way some people have urges to lie, steal, kill -- that doesn't make that right either.

So, if a man has urges only for another man and never for a woman, that man should live a sexless life? What if that man were you?

TJR

Genitics/choice, that will never be determined.

Hell I came out of the closet yrs ago.

People have to accept me for what I am,A LESBIAN TRAPPED IN A MANS BODY:(

Personally, I don't really care. I'm not sure if I beleive it is a "life style choice" or if it's genetic. I'm don't believe it's up to me to decide and judge other people about how they live their lives. What I do with my life isn't anybody else's business so why should I stick my nose in their's?

I just don't think the government has a right to tell somebody what they can and can't do with there personal lives. Don't we have enough of that already? I just don't want to see some of the stuff that they are showing on the news and I don't care if it's 2 women, 2 men or a man and a woman. I just really don't want to see those types of public displays of affection on the nightly news, much less the morning news. It's your PERSONAL LIFE, so keep it private.

Homosexuality is not new, it's been around for 100's of years. The government just needs to let people live their own lives. As long as you don't hurt anyone in the process it's your business and nobody's elses. If you do, then there are laws to deal with that and it doesn't matter what your sexual preference is.

Kimbros, great post. Only thing I would correct you on as how long homosexuality has existed. Certainly more than 100s of years. It has existed for as long as mankind has existed.

Bill Barber,

I don't know about that. The question is does one believe "Adam and Eve" as a literal story, and if so, then we get into the whole "Young Earth" idea.

If Genesis is to be taken literally, then the Earth is about 6000 years old, man lived with dinosaurs, carbon dating is crap science, Noah's flood created the Grand Canyon, and the gene pool is very, very shallow. Shallow because the rate of breeding and population growth to go from two people (and then a family of people a few hundred years later after the great flood) to almost 7 billion people today, all in less than 6000 years is mind boggling...(or bottling if you are a Will Ferrill fan).

Science says the earth is closer to 4.5 billion years old. Which do you believe...the Earth is 60 times older than your great grandfather, or it's a tad bit older than that?

TJR

TJR said,

Nope, I don't. I hope that isn't your "true Christian" litmus test.

It is the old testament and the first covenant times. So I suppose you mean you dont believe, Sodom and Gahmora existed and fell due to its pervesness.

If not you and I will just choose to disagree. As I said, this is nothing more than a debate over Political correctness, not what is right or wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many people do things that are immoral. I am not perfect either, but I am discrete about things I do that others may not approve of. If a government wants to recognize a "joining" of two people, or even two animals, I don't really care, as long as my tax dollars aren't wasted on it. In my mind it isn't a marriage. It is just a contract.

It is great that these people can celebrate their happiness at a ceremony, and feel as if they are normal "married" people. Let them enjoy their time on Earth, and hope they won't be judged too harshly upon their deaths. Let the lawmakers enjoy themselves too. They were the ones who became willing participants, and will also be judged good or bad in the end.

As for what I believe, a marriage is performed in a church, synagogue. or mosque in front of God. All three of these institutions follow the word of the God of Abraham. There are a lot of places that call themselves churches, but they aren't really. If they defy God and teach and adhere to something against his law, then they are simply heathens which pretend to believe in His word. A place that would marry a same-sex couple cannot be a church, because it doesn't follow the laws of God.

So in reality, there is not same-sex marriage. It is just a name that California decided to use for their contracts which join two people. They could have called it "civil union", or "contract sex" or "taxable couple" or simply "farce" and the result would be the same.

Nelson well put from the church view. There are alot of false Christian churches out there.

I need to sayone more thing and Iam out of this. I dont hate the gays or lesbians as human being. I hate and dont believe in their sexual lifestyle.

I do get very iratated, with the one that are so flamboyant, they feel they have to throw it in our faces. I dont throw my Christian beliefs in their faces unless they ask about my beliefs....Im through;)

Fast Eddie asked:
So I suppose you mean you dont believe, Sodom and Gahmora existed and fell due to its pervesness.

Actually, I can believe there was a Sodom and Gammorah and that it met with some tragic end. I say that because of the fact that Judism, Islam and Christianity all mention the dual cities and their demise. Typically such mention of events like this by different religions (albeit they share many of the same roots) often is such due to their origin in actual historical events.

Read all about the various interpretations below (see link) and note that the Jewish interpretation didn't play-up the homosexuality angle. Also, anyone learned in our Bible's origin knows that the old Testament pretty much is the same as Jewish Torah, with updates to include prophecies of a savior, and to otherwise compliment the New Testament.

TJR

Latest posts