Forced Induction Tracs!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the EE kit for my Trac but it has not been installed as I am waiting for the Stage 3 Heads, Regrinded Cam and new fuel pump to arrive. After all that still looking at about $1400 for all the installation and another $800 or so for the dyno runs required to tune it all in. The truck aslo has 2 1/2 inch piping Magnaflow exhaust, JBA headers, Magnaflow catalytic converter, etc,etc,etc.

I am hoping to complete the project in the next three months or so.

Turbonetics will make you a turbo kit however they require you to drop off your vehicle at their shop and they said a custom turbo will start at around $7000.

I am hoping to get some other parts from Todd Z prior to the dyno testings so I can get the max out of the system.

I've had no driveability issues and of course the check engine light stays off :p

Literally drove home friday, 4 hours away, for the weekend. Installed the kit, and drove back sunday with no issues.

There were minor issues on the install, but it's pretty straight forward. You have to get a little creative on installing the intake manifold but other than that and having to cut part of the sound proofing on the hood for clearance of the throttle cable it was trouble free.

Before i installed the kit if i mashed the pedal to the floor i could not squeel the tires. With the supercharger the wheels definitely spin and it hurdles forward. This thing really shines for me on the highway, as there are very long stretches of two lanes and when passing i can accelerate enough that only 1 downshift is required, not 2.

This is the only modification i've done so far. i feel there are still some numbers to be gained with a new exhaust.

I am hoping to get some other parts from Todd Z prior to the dyno testings so I can get the max out of the system.

Thanks Clos619,

I know a New TB and larger MAF will allow more air into that bad boy making some more hp !!!!

I don't think a coil and wires will make more HP , but they would help smooth out the acceleration and increase throttle responce...

(P.S, there is a new Gen 1 TB in the works.... ););)

Todd Z

Nice! I was starting to thinking nothing happened around here in the midwest. Also do you know any dynos in the Columbia area. I've tried to find them but it seems like no one advertises that they have a dyno.

There is dyno at in my home city but i'm not going back there till later spring time.

Jeff C, do i wanna rance? Sure, i'd love to see two Trac's going to the redline on a straight away.

What mods you got on yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm... a supercharged trac with no other mods vs a trac with every other conceivable modification but no supercharger... That'd be fun.

I say race the hell outa em!

...but the trac with the supercharger has removed the stock airbox, which would have large effect on Woppy V's challenge....

you guys need to find a track close to the L'ville meet HA HA.!!! i WANNA SSEEEEE!

disclaimer: I am in no way promoting racing... even though..i LOVE to watch races....:p

Some one needs to video tape it and post it that would be cool or get a small tv crew together and tape and post it on the site that would be cool i can see it know

trac racing dingo ,Richie,jeff and others in the race of no hold bared ball to the wall for a grand oh yeah get couple of our spouncers to back it...

disclaimer: I am in no way promoting racing... even though..i LOVE to watch races....

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

get r done eh :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

FWIW,

There is nothing wrong with promoting racing. Racing on a drag strip is perfectly legal and safe.

If anyone tries to complain about that, then they are ignorant.

Tom

a men to that i spend most my summer watching drag racing it has been happening since the test of time lololo think about the day when rat rod racing back country road racing it is all fun

It is only against the law if you get caught... then it is a sport....

Hmm, well i am hopefully going to get some more mods in the near futures, this "stock" supercharged trac won't last too long :lol:

There are several dynos around the St. Louis area, but I needed a quad dyno. There are two around the St. Louis area and they are both retarded so I go to Sedalia. I will actually be going back through on Sunday for a race in Moberly. Then a couple more weeks I will have it redynoed. Also if you go to powercommander / dynojet web site and you put in your zip code it will show you the area dynos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts