FLORIDA GATORS RULE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright Caymen, we playin the spread, teasers, anything, or just a straight up win? I think FLA will pull it out by 2 and it will come down to a long missed field goal.

Straight up win. I don't know much about playing the spread or anything like that. Not really a gambling man myself.

Tom

Experts agree that the SEC is the strongest conference. Just listen to ESPN or CNNSi long enough and they'll tell you all about it. They are the experts who also vote for the teams in polls along with the coaches.

Florida played the toughest schedule in the country, as agreed to by those same experts. They lost one game out of twelve. Many of those games are labeled as rivalry games with far more than ranking on the line.

The strength of the Gators is the defense, making for very close games. Remember the '72 Dolphins, all their games were close and they are recognized as one of the greatest teams of all time.

If the Gators had been held out of the title game because of the Auburn loss I would just accept and move on, but they weren't.

The planets aligned, the Gators won, the votes were cast and the computers computed.

The Gators are playing in the big one and they're gonna give the Buckeyes all they can handle.

GO GATORS!!!

STogie

For all those the criticized Jim Tressel for not voting, he did not vote so he could remain neutral.

Tom

Having been born and raised in Ohio, I am a big Buckeye fan, but I know that coach Tressle is not just assuming his team is going to easily kick Florida's butt.

He would not be as sucessfull as a head coach if he just thought his team was good enought to beat Florida. He will look at tapes of Florida's games over and over and attempt to find and exploit their weaknesses. You never play to a team's strength, you always attack there weaknesses with your strength. I'm sure the Gator's coach will be doing the same thing. Many of upsets occur when one coach sees a weakness in his opponent that he can exploit it.

I'm hoping it will be as good of a game as the Ohio State vs Michigan game was. Two first class teams fighting it out till the last seconds of the game. If Ohio State blows out Florida, I will be happy that they won, but then the game would not be as enjoyable. Those games are pretty pethetic especially when there is so much hype. I want Ohio State to win, but I want Florida to show they were deserving of the chance to play for the championship.

...Rich

Rich, well said. I am a Penn State fan and will (unfortunately) root for OS. I just hope the Florida States coach doesn't watch the OS/Penn State film. We had you guys till the last Quarter. (not really, but it was a hard fought game) I do think it should have been Michigan playing but it's not. Nothing anyone can do about it, so no use whining about it. It's a messed up system and it will probably never change.

Go Buckeyes!!!!;);)

Tressel didnt cast a vote so stay "neutral" It was a conflict of interest. He didnt want to play Michigan again. bottom line cuz he knows on a Neutral field it would be a better game. he knows he can beat florida.

First of all ST"ogiehog" Your "arqument" is stricly biased. You have no points to add so i dont know why you wasted your time typing all that. First of all, in the NFL if you win then you win and go to the next week. In COLLEGE FOOTBALL, your wins, how much you win/lose by plays a factor depending on who you played the week prior. Your telling me the NUMBER 2 team in the country is the same team that lost to Auburn and won by 1 point to TWO non ranked teams. Thats ridiculous. Thats garbage. You have no points to your arqument. Go watch some more ESPN, drink some more beer, play with your rebel flag and think of something productive to say next time you post something.

LOok at the stats people. Florida can not take ohio state. Its not gonna happen. Once troy smith starts scrambling florida is screwed. Its a pointless game to watch. Im a DIE HARD MICHIGAN fan and will not root for the BUCKEYES and will not root for a team that doesnt deserve to be number 2. Had their been a team that didnt lost to a number 8 team, that didnt win by 1 point twice to 2 differnet non ranked teams. I would gladly accept the number 2 team even if it was Michigan or not. yes i feel michigan is the number 2 team in the country because they are hte only ones that gave Ohio State that great of a game. But, i do not feel that Florida deserves that number 2 spot. They are not the 2nd best team in the coutry. This BCS system is screwed...

alan, "argument" is spelled with a "g" :D

and "lose" is spelled with an e, not a t

Part of the problem is that "style" points count, and they shouldn't. You forget, Auburn was ranked #2 the week before they played FLA. Auburn was embarrassed at home, and they weren't going to let it happen again, no matter who they played. Florida was not going to win that night.

As for the SEC. It's the same thing every year. Every expert, analyst, sports reporter, everyone says the SEC is the toughest conference all year long, and when the seasons over, they are always saying that a team that goes through the SEC undefeated or even with 1 loss, should be in the national title. Then they say too bad and vote for someone else. It's why I quit watching "Game Day" In 2004, all of the guys were pulling for Auburn and saying how we deserved a shot at the title, and when the season was over, they all pretty much said "F U" and voted for Oklahoma and USC.

Michigan's "tough" schedule included: Vandy 4-8, Minnesota 6-6, Michigan State 4-8, Iowa 6-6, Northwestern 4-8, Ball State 5-7, and Indiana 5-7.

That's 7 teams they played who are at or below .500

Florida's easiest opponents included UCF 4-8, Alabama 6-6, Vandy 4-8, and Western Carolina, 2-9.

That's 4 teams with records at or below .500 Yeah, we see how much harder Michigan's schedule was, especially late in the season when the team was "dominating"

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Florida gets blown out so that it will be another thorn in the side of the BCS system. The champion should be decided on the field and not by folk's opinion and/or some software algorithms.

LOL my bad about the misspelled words.

SO are you saying that Michigan doesnt deserve the number 2 spot? If so, did you watch the Michigan/Ohio St game? have you followed Michigan stats all year?

I follow college football all year. Neither Michigan nor Ohio State played defense, something the SEC does. I think Florida deserves the spot according to the current system. I think Florida would beat Michigan if the two played. I think Florida will beat Ohio State. And I think none of it will matter because people still won't respect the SEC.

LMAO..First of all Florida could not take Ohio State or Michigan. Go ask Auburn about that one. Go ask the teams they "barley" beat by 1 point. You wanna talk about defense? Look at those games. It doesnt matter how bad Auburn lost the week before, doesnt make them a whole hell of alot better. They lost to Auburn by MORE THAN three points...

Actually, the last touchdown of that game came on the last play of the game when FLA was pulling out all the stops trying to get down field, and since time expired, they needed to keep the play going by pitching the ball, and it was fumbled and run back as the icing on the cake for Auburn.

Alan,

You talk about others being biased, and then state you are a DIE HARD Michigan fan.

If Jim Tressle wanted to play Florida because he thought it would be easier to beat them, he would have voted for Florida. He did not vote to show he did not care which team he played, and did not want to influence the outcome of the vote. So all the other coaches and the BCS polls said that Florida should be number 2.

I don't think that a neutral site will matter that much if Ohio State would have played Michigan again. Jim Tressle has a 5 and 1 record against Michigan, which includes about 3 victories on Michigan's home turf. Even that has no guarantees when teams are so closely matched and so well coached.

...Rich