FLORIDA GATORS RULE

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
:D:D:D:D:D:D FLORIDA GATORS ARE IN THE BCS GAME :D:D:D:D:D:D

HOW MANY FLORIDA FANS ARE THERE HERE ON MYST.COM? MAKE YOURSELF HEARD

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D GATORS RULE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan was robbed by the BCS. They were robbed b ecause they finished the season two weeks ago. Florida can not compete with Ohio State. They dont have the strength to control the line of scrimmage and will not be able to stop Ohio State from scrambling, let a lone passing the ball.

Okay sure. Congrats Florida for winning your COnference. THe only team Michigan lost too, was in fact, OHio State and by only three points. This BCS system is garbage and we need an NCAA Playoff

Florida won in the strongest conference in the country. Michigan only finished second. The only reason Ohio State won their last championship was due to a bad call. If Michigan had beat Ohio State then they would be playing Florida...

Michigan was ripped off. Plain and simple. And, I normally hate Michigan and Ohio State.

But -- I really feel bad for Wisconsin in all of this. The Big Ten should have three BCS teams, but that stupid "no more than two from any conference" rule screwed them.

And Notre Dame is full of crap. They got their butts handed to them twice, and yet end up in a January 3rd bowl game. Can you say worthless system?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad. First, I don't want to watch a game I watched half of 2 weeks ago. They knew the stakes of that game, and the better team won. It's about time the SEC didn't get screwed in the BCS. Second reason I'm glad, if FLA does win, their one loss was to my school, War Damn Eagle! FLA may not win, but at least they'll get a shot, which is more than an SEC team usually gets with the BCS bias against us.

Wisconsin, they lost to Michigan 27-10. They shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Florida or Ohio State...

It has happened to a lot of teams that are ranked No.1 or No.2 and lose their last game of the season, and they are out of the BCS championship game. It happened to Ohio State back in 2002 or 2003, they were No.1 andlost their last game to Michigan and they dropped way down. That's just the way it is. Nobody was robbed, they just lost a big game too late in the season to make up for it.

About 12 years ago, before the BCS, Ohio State and Michigan had tied as co-champs of the Big Ten. Ohio State beat Michigan that year, but Ohio State went to the Rose Bowl the previous year so Michigan got the nod that year.

I think the logic is that a team that loses earlier in the season just did not get it together at the start of the season, while a team that has played well all season and loses the last game, should have had their game together by the end of the season.

In an ideal world, when two teams are essentially tied for No.2, a playoff game between Michigan and Florida would decide who goes to the BCS Championship game. But that's not the way the Championships are decided when teams are close. They use the BCS computer statistics and a vote from a commitee of head coaches.

I shouldn't say this, but OSU is going to give the Gators a royal azz kicking!

I wish the Gators all the luck. They are going to need it.

Tom

Florida barley beat Auburn and Aubrun was the Number 8 team that week. The only reason the computers skipped past Michigan is becuase Florida won the SEC. Florida cant take Ohio State. Florida wont be able to handle Troy Smith once he gets out of the pocket and starts scrambling. THey also will not be able to keep up with Ohio States recievers. Lets not mention they will have a terrible time trying to get past Ohio States defense. They need to scrub this worthless BCS system. Ohio States Coach wouldnt even cast a vote this past week becuase he knows that a rematch on a neutral playing field would be dangerous to Ohio State.

Hey Guys,

We live in KY and support the UK Wildcats who are going to the Music City Bowl. We are happy that an SEC team got in but we hope that Florida gets their butts kicked as they are one of many SEC teams that we don't like (especially now with basketball here). Go Wildcats beat Clemson!!!

Since I've seen Florida play 9 times in person this year, you might disregard my 2 cents as being just a BIT biased, but I don't think you should count the Gators out just yet. Admittedly, they don't always play a "pretty" brand of football. But...

---The Gators ARE one of the toughest, most resilient teams I've ever seen, and WON what is generally lauded as the best conference in college football. And, like it or not, right or wrong...Michigan is still a SECOND-PLACE team in THEIR league.

---Ohio State's biggest wins this year were against a THREE-loss (and obviously WAYYYY over-rated) Texas team, and Michigan; but...

---Michigan's "signature" WIN came against an even-more-overrated Neuter Dame; using a "close loss" as your primary reason that you "deserve" a shot at the championship game is a pretty WEAK argument--especially in light of the WINS recorded by Florida. Additionally, Florida's "close loss"--to another Top 10 team--neutralizes THAT argument.

On PAPER, tOSU looks like they could potentially blows the doors off UF. BUT...

thankfully, football is NOT played on paper!

GO GATORS!!!

OSU -- 37

Florida -- 14

No way Florida is anywhere near on par with the Buckeyes. The BCS is broken, but then again, it was when it was put together. People admitted that Michigan was the better team, but since they had a shot, voted against them. If you aren't going to put the two best teams in the championship game, what the hell good is the BCS anyway. Scrap the whole thing. Take the top four or eight teams and have a playoff. It's the only way this thing works.

The Rose Bowl Game (Michigan / USC) will be a much better game to watch than the Championship game.

Rocks

Both Florida and Michigan are 1-loss teams. Who most deserves it--the team that lost by 10 to the #15 team (Auburn), or the team that lost by only 3 to the #1 team, on the road?

When choosing between two one-loss teams, the nod should go to the team whose one loss came to a top-10 team. Period.