Any one listen to Howard Stern?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MTURocks, well, I have to disagree with you there. I think he is very talented. He's actually a pretty good actor too. Did you see his film? He has good comedic writing and improve skills. I actually think it is shame that he reverts to the things he does because its a waste of his talents.

I like him, say what you will. I am sure there are other forms of entertainment that others like that I dont, life goes on. Why cry and call each other names like 4 yr olds? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can listen to what they want.

He found a way around the FCC to get back to his listeners and I commend him for that. Yes, it was probably mostly for the money but the man likes what he does and millions of people listen to him. The ratings numbers dont lie.

i think alot of you are missing the point...

my post was that i prefer opie and anthony over howie. don't get me wrong howie was great in his day, i enjoyed listening to him when he was at his best doing " skits " in the 80's and 90's. but as time passes , so has howie. in my opinion he is past his prime and he should hang it up. he has done some great things for radio and provided great entertainment, but pass it on. i think the O & A show is great and far more entertaing then what howie is putting out now. the other issue is howie can't handle competition, and he resorts to some wacky remarks as a defense. in his mind he invented everything !. frank, you are 100 % right, we are all different and have different tastes and opinions, but there has been an O & A versus howie war for a few years now. so my feelings............

OPIE & ANTHONY - XM 202 ( and littlie jimmy norton, too ) :wacko:

I think it's funny that Howard moved to XM and talked about how wonderfull it would, and how much his fans will love him without all the FCC restrictiions. Now that the dust has cleared it's reported that only about 15% of his listening audiance followed him to XM

I guess what you get free may not be as good if you now have to pay for it. :D

...Rich

rich, howie went to sirius ( i am sure thats what you meant ), but he was going to xm initally but decided to go with sirius for more money.there is an advertising clip , with howie promoting xm ! he recorded it a little premature ! if you wan't to hear it tune into...

XM 202 - O & A :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Howard Stern would likely be banned the first week if he became a member of this site, even if he is related to Rich. :lol:

Personally, I won't listen to his shows, but if someone else wants to listen good for them. I'm happy I have XM. :)

Yes, my bad. Howard did go to Sirius not XM (That's why I prefer XM). I just think it's funny that they paid him so much to go to Sirius and he lost 85% of his listeners when he did it. :lol:

...Rich

I was an avid listener back in the 80s and early 90s. At some point I realized that he was no longer funny for a good part of his show. His show seemed like it degenerated into having women disrobe in his studio every day while he talked about his "dead" wife Allison.

I now have XM and have latched on to O&A. I have not laughed as hard in a long time. Their show reminds me of guys sit around shooting the sh*t and talking trash to each other.

O&A all the way, that's what I say...

I would like $500 million myself! Stern has already made Sirius waaay more than that. Because of Stern Sirius gained 4 million listeners. Calculate that each buys a radio, and then the monthly subscription and the $$ are huge! If the 4 million people subscribe for only 1 year that would have brought in over $620million in subscriptions alone. XM still has more subscribers but Sirius now has a 60-40% lead in new sales and XM's management is a mess.

Stock is down because it is a new company and there is no profit because all the money is being reinvested. Once the company is established and Sirius has more listeners than XM their stock should rise. I hope so because I have some :D

George

To answer the original question: No.

I know of no one that listens to him, and I don't know anyone who ever has for more than a day or two, just to see what all the hype is about. That was even the case when he was (briefly) on a local station, before they canned him because of the atrocious ratings.

My wife's stock advisor convinced her to let him buy her some Sirius stock, because it was going to do so well with Howard on board. But it's now clear from the losses she's taken that he's sinking them, just like he sunk the station that tried airing him locally.

It must be a "coast" thing, as he seems to bomb whenever midwest stations try bringing him on. I think most people find that his sense of humor offends their midwest sensibilities--yet another reason I'm glad I live in the midwest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts...

"The Devil can quote Scripture for his own purpose"...

"If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bu//shit!"( As Howard seems

to do, most days!).

Haven't some of us on this site referred, from time to time, as our 'Tracs being S.L.U.T.'s?

Wouldn't that be the PERFECT Truck for Howard Stern!!!

Final Thoughts...

"Howie" (Howie Mandel) is still funny and entertaining!

I'll take "Opie and Andy" any day, over Howard Stern!!! (Hey, Paw, Let's Go Fishin)!!!

That's the "Opie and Andy" I'm talkin' 'bout!!!

:wub::p:D

I just think it's funny that they paid him so much to go to Sirius and he lost 85% of his listeners when he did it.

That is easy to answer. Most people, like myself, have no desire to get satellite radio. I can think of many things I would rather spend 10+ bucks a month on more important things.

I used to listen to Howard Stern when he came to Cleveland. He was the number one morning program in most area's he was broadcasted in. Howard Stern was very sucessful at what he did. The FCC has ruined morning humor across the nation.

I prefer Bob and Tom. I like O&A when they were broadcasted locally, but I would not even think about paying for satellite radio to hear any programs.

IMO, it is a waste of money and it seems like most people agree with me.

With HD radio out, and it's free, satellite radio is going to fail the long grueling death it deserves.

Tom

Toms right with digital raido and that over the air being free I would have to spend a tremendous ammount of time in my car to justify 10$ a month for raido programing. As for Mr. Stern he does have genuine talent but the format when i listend local several years back got old aftera period and found myself going back to just music or good ol johnboy and billy . All that said though Howard would make a great addition to the rank and file MYST family. He might even put Q to shame.:lol:

HD radio is just a better signal for the existing channels on FM. I personally don't miss listening to 20 minutes of commercials and another 20 minutes of some DJ talking about what happened on Survivor last night. I get 59-60 minutes per hour of music on XM. My morning commute is much more relaxing now that I don't have to listen to local stations. :cool:

Latest posts