Another ST gone...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing your pics I would bet money that it is totaled. Doesn't hurt to be prepared. Good luck with everything.

Just an update. I heard from my insurance company today and the '02 it totaled. :(

They are calling me tomorrow with the numbers.

In the meantime I went to the dealership and drove the '07 and the '05.

The '05 felt the same, it was like coming back home. There are some issues and it would need a bit of work. It also has no hitch.

I am now heavily leaning towards the '07, assuming the figures come back decent from the insurance company.

The '07 doesn't have the factory cover like the '05, but neither did my old one, not a big deal. No sliding rear either, i think I would miss that the most, but maybe I will use the sunroof more. The ride is nice!!! It has the V6, not a big issue, and I won't need to worry about tranny issues. It has the factory warranty, so it seems like a no brainer.

jonw9 just remember if you did not cause that accident, they have to make it right with you. it does not cost anything to speak to an accident attorney. that's what they are for, to look after your interest and to make sure that YOU are compensated fairly.

I got my paperwork from the insurance company in the mail toady. What a crock of shit. $11,200 for the truck!

I go through their breakdown of option and comps. My truck had the premium in-dash 6-disc changer, and they deduct $71 from the value for not having a cassette!!

The closest comparable vehicle is over 60 miles away. They are trying to bone me hard. I am pissed!

Jon,

Sorry to hear about your fieasco with what they are offering you.

Here's a 2002 you could p/u for 10K or less.....it's loaded with around 80k miles on it. Looks like a pretty good price, you could pocket at least 1100. from what the insurance is going to give you and have a "paid in full" replacement truck.

Latest posts